Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Most people will choose to not believe this till there is an official notification. Until then
    it's merely a rumor and should be ignored.

From a parents perspective so far the relationship between the two has been great. Everyone seems to get along and the players get free season tickets, Coaches and directors working on both sides and it looks like everyone works well together.

Comment

From a parents perspective so far the relationship between the two has been great. Everyone seems to get along and the players get free season tickets, Coaches and directors working on both sides and it looks like everyone works well together.
      if these rumors stand to be true and the girls academy will be the top team focus, there will be many $%^& off parents and players. spending all this time and money on ECNL for one year and then getting bullied into academy play?

Comment

if these rumors stand to be true and the girls academy will be the top team focus, there will be many $%^& off parents and players. spending all this time and money on ECNL for one year and then getting bullied into academy play?
        You don't make sense. Bullied? Academy will have great demand that perhaps your daughter will not make it. Two age groups combined. BTW, no matter what league you play you would be spending money.

Comment

Not as much as the GDAP. The Girls Northeast lost 3 clubs and is now 12.

The breakdown by states:
          MA - 2
          CT - 1
          NY - 1
          NJ - 2
          PA - 2
          MD - 1
          VA - 3

MA teams now only have 3 games that are less than 4 hours travel distance and 4 games that are more than 7. Also of the remaining clubs only half are quality clubs and 3 of the clubs are splitting between GDAP and ECNL. 3 clubs are new and 2 will most likely be affiliated with a club in the area due to being professional teams. The other 1 is the owner of New York Flash and Albertson and not sure where their players will come from either. 1 of the 3 remaining clubs is above average and 2 are not very good at all.

Please tell me how this is going to be good for US Soccer. All the GDAP did was turn over the apple cart and made a mess of soccer in America.

I will agree that the performance in the women's World Cup was not very good but they were knocked out in PK to a very good defensive team. We just won the Olympic Gold and just because we lost one game we had to blow up a format that was produc By some of the best players in the country. Typical knee jerk reactions by Americans.

Comment

From what the kids are saying is if you are a multi sport player (private school only) and on an ECNL team they will stick with their current team, but if you are a Soccer only kid and a top player as well you will go the DA route most likely if you can still pull off playing for your HS team.

But if you are a public school kid you will have to give up all sports.

I am sure as the DA grows and the kids are training, as explained on the site, the DA teams will eventually grow into the top teams, it is only reasonable to think this way since they will be training year round.

Comment

Also the only region that does not have a lot of travel issues is the Southwest. This league has failure written all over it. I predict 2 or 3 years tops before they blow it up and create something different while the ECNL will continue to produce quaility college players and NT Level players that US Soccer will over look or bully to play for a GDAP team. Heard some disturbing stories from players on the boys side that make National Camp. If they want to return they need to play for a DAP club.

Comment

Not as much as the GDAP. The Girls Northeast lost 3 clubs and is now 12.

The breakdown by states:
                MA - 2
                CT - 1
                NY - 1
                NJ - 2
                PA - 2
                MD - 1
                VA - 3

MA teams now only have 3 games that are less than 4 hours travel distance and 4 games that are more than 7. Also of the remaining clubs only half are quality clubs and 3 of the clubs are splitting between GDAP and ECNL. 3 clubs are new and 2 will most likely be affiliated with a club in the area due to being professional teams. The other 1 is the owner of New York Flash and Albertson and not sure where their players will come from either. 1 of the 3 remaining clubs is above average and 2 are not very good at all.

Please tell me how this is going to be good for US Soccer. All the GDAP did was turn over the apple cart and made a mess of soccer in America.

I will agree that the performance in the women's World Cup was not very good but they were knocked out in PK to a very good defensive team. We just won the Olympic Gold and just because we lost one game we had to blow up a format that was produc By some of the best players in the country. Typical knee jerk reactions by Americans.

This sounds like an angry club owner or director that is upset about how the GDAP is going to effect his or her bottom line, what is wrong with the girls having the same options as the boys, if they want to commit to train year round and try to make it to the national level they now have a pathway to do so just like the boys and a lot of them will be working right under a professional team, just like the boys...this is equal opportunity for the girls to get the same training and opportunities.
                Parents and players will not be bullied into anything, if you are good enough to play at this level and you are invited to join the team you simply say YES or NO! It is a choice, and I applaud all involved that have made this possible and wish them he best of luck.
                We all know what women make playing sports so please save it, this is about what the player wants and only the players that truly want it will make it. No parent can force a kid to play at this level, eventually the kid being forced will stop preforming and the coaches will see this. This is for the self driven player that has a dream of making it to the world or national level.

Comment

Not a club owner, director or employee. A parent that just thinks the GDAP is not what it should be. I talked to a few parents of Rev DAP program to get an idea of what to expect and two of them told me that they were told if they wanted to be invited to NT Camps they had to play for a DAP club. They choose the Revs because it was free. This is not an option on the girls side.

Comment

This sounds like an angry club owner or director that is upset about how the GDAP is going to effect his or her bottom line, what is wrong with the girls having the same options as the boys, if they want to commit to train year round and try to make it to the national level they now have a pathway to do so just like the boys and a lot of them will be working right under a professional team, just like the boys...this is equal opportunity for the girls to get the same training and opportunities.
                    Parents and players will not be bullied into anything, if you are good enough to play at this level and you are invited to join the team you simply say YES or NO! It is a choice, and I applaud all involved that have made this possible and wish them he best of luck.
                    We all know what women make playing sports so please save it, this is about what the player wants and only the players that truly want it will make it. No parent can force a kid to play at this level, eventually the kid being forced will stop preforming and the coaches will see this. This is for the self driven player that has a dream of making it to the world or national level.
                    "What the player wants"? or is it what you want?

While I don't discount the issues with the NT, the fact is that a true residential model with normal schooling is only path to compete with other countries that utilize that model.

Comment

"What the player wants"? or is it what you want?

While I don't discount the issues with the NT, the fact is that a true residential model with normal schooling is only path to compete with other countries that utilize that model.
                      I'm all for a residential model, but I just don't see how viable it is with the size of our country. To concentrate the system with only top talent, the travel would be far, far worse than that of the GDA. I mentioned in a previous thread, that perhaps you could combine the inter-residential league play with a schedule playing college/university teams in the region to cut back on travel. Otherwise, you'd either have to have travel similar to a professional team, or so many residential academies that the talent would be watered down.

Comment

I'm all for a residential model, but I just don't see how viable it is with the size of our country. To concentrate the system with only top talent, the travel would be far, far worse than that of the GDA. I mentioned in a previous thread, that perhaps you could combine the inter-residential league play with a schedule playing college/university teams in the region to cut back on travel. Otherwise, you'd either have to have travel similar to a professional team, or so many residential academies that the talent would be watered down.
                        You could pick out 40-50 players for each state through tryouts when they are about 12. Then work with them over the winter and a couple of times a month, then let them play club the rest of thetime, make it a low cost program. Then in summer, pick a state team from your pool and play a couple of games with other state teams.

Comment

You could pick out 40-50 players for each state through tryouts when they are about 12. Then work with them over the winter and a couple of times a month, then let them play club the rest of thetime, make it a low cost program. Then in summer, pick a state team from your pool and play a couple of games with other state teams.
                          Best post of the day!

Comment

And we'll call it.... ODP! What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

And we'll call it.... ODP! What could possibly go wrong?
                              Let's not forget that the ECNL people were really the ones leading the charge to kill ODP so isn't it rather telling now how we have a thread complaining how their mouthpiece, TD, inflates the rankings of ECNL players and unfairly rates the rest of the player pool. Anyone want to fall on their sword and say that the player evaluations being passed out of the ECNL clubs to the NT aren't similarly inflated? There is more to the story of USSF taking over control than people are talking about.

Comment

Let's not forget that the ECNL people were really the ones leading the charge to kill ODP so isn't it rather telling now how we have a thread complaining how their mouthpiece, TD, inflates the rankings of ECNL players and unfairly rates the rest of the player pool. Anyone want to fall on their sword and say that the player evaluations being passed out of the ECNL clubs to the NT aren't similarly inflated? There is more to the story of USSF taking over control than people are talking about.
                                There is way more to the story and the next couple of years is going to flip the girls landscape on its head. A lot of politicking going on but the people with the most power are going to win. Interesting times ahead.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X