Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC errata

Multiple threads make mention of a number of potential changes with NEFC for the 2017 Fall season. Just trying to wrap my head around them in one place.

1. Girls Development Academy vs. ECNL.
    Lots of discussion and many rumors that NEFC/Breakers is out of ECNL and will have GDA as their top level program. Meanwhile, no one is saying FC Stars is out of ECNL even though they were granted GDA as well. What's true, what's not? Any confirmation on any of this? Why would Stars be given the latitude to keep both and FC Boston continues with ECNL while NEFC/Breakers, which is easily both clubs equal, be out?

2. NPL spots. I've seen in multiple threads that NEFC NPL spots are being given to certain regions and not others, which marks a change to how NPL teams were formed in NEFC. Any confirmation on this? Is this just an extension of the "Premier North/South" teams or will the NPL teams still be based out of Mendon/Marlbourough like previous "Elite" NEFC teams? This becomes important to given 1. above if NEFC is out of ECNL and players aren't interested in GDA for high school, cost, convenience, etc and your player still wants to play at a high enough level competitively to potentially play in college.

3. Invites for GDA and NPL tryouts. Not specific to NEFC, but some posters have stated that invites are already starting to go out. Is this the case with NEFC or are they still compiling their lists and recommendations and using the IDP events? It was well into the Spring season last year when private invites started for NPL teams and then Premiership teams. Are they starting earlier or what?

If you have no interest in NEFC or have nothing to add to the discussion, don't bother to post. Club soccer is a difficult enough thing to navigate these days without lots of misinformation and snark typical of TS threads.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you have no interest in NEFC or have nothing to add to the discussion, don't bother to post. Club soccer is a difficult enough thing to navigate these days without lots of misinformation and snark typical of TS threads.
    Make me stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Make me stop.
      Why don't you do what other families in the club are doing and ask NEFC.

Comment

Why don't you do what other families in the club are doing and ask NEFC.
        And you think
        1. You'll get straight answers before anything is official or public knowledge.
        2. That every coach or DoC has equal access to the goings on of club and they'll share that with you.
        2. You like waiting until everyone else has the same information you do to make decisions about trying for spots on competitive teams and looking at different clubs?

I can tell you from experience with the birth year change and the Breakers/ECNL partnership that answers are not always easy to come by. I will be talking to various contacts in the organization eventually, but forewarned is forearmed. TS is a cesspool of garbage, but you can learn some useful things looking through the garbage.

Comment

Multiple threads make mention of a number of potential changes with NEFC for the 2017 Fall season. Just trying to wrap my head around them in one place.

1. Girls Development Academy vs. ECNL.
          Lots of discussion and many rumors that NEFC/Breakers is out of ECNL and will have GDA as their top level program. Meanwhile, no one is saying FC Stars is out of ECNL even though they were granted GDA as well. What's true, what's not? Any confirmation on any of this? Why would Stars be given the latitude to keep both and FC Boston continues with ECNL while NEFC/Breakers, which is easily both clubs equal, be out?

2. NPL spots. I've seen in multiple threads that NEFC NPL spots are being given to certain regions and not others, which marks a change to how NPL teams were formed in NEFC. Any confirmation on this? Is this just an extension of the "Premier North/South" teams or will the NPL teams still be based out of Mendon/Marlbourough like previous "Elite" NEFC teams? This becomes important to given 1. above if NEFC is out of ECNL and players aren't interested in GDA for high school, cost, convenience, etc and your player still wants to play at a high enough level competitively to potentially play in college.

3. Invites for GDA and NPL tryouts. Not specific to NEFC, but some posters have stated that invites are already starting to go out. Is this the case with NEFC or are they still compiling their lists and recommendations and using the IDP events? It was well into the Spring season last year when private invites started for NPL teams and then Premiership teams. Are they starting earlier or what?

ummm... I will post what I want, you sound like a lunatic or better yet a god damn snowflake.

Comment

ummm... I will post what I want, you sound like a lunatic or better yet a god damn snowflake.
            Another troll cluttering a thread that could be useful. Let me guess, you didn't get enough attention as a child and need to troll anonymous forums to feel good about yourself? Talk about a special snowflake.

It's obvious you don't have anything useful to contribute and have a chip on your shoulder to boot. Do us a favor and go play in traffic.

Comment

Another troll cluttering a thread that could be useful. Let me guess, you didn't get enough attention as a child and need to troll anonymous forums to feel good about yourself? Talk about a special snowflake.

It's obvious you don't have anything useful to contribute and have a chip on your shoulder to boot. Do us a favor and go play in traffic.
              Another crazy liberal... trying to say who can post and who cant.

Comment

Another crazy liberal... trying to say who can post and who cant.
                We got an email from Stars about GDA tryouts Feb 26 or thereabouts

Comment

We got an email from Stars about GDA tryouts Feb 26 or thereabouts
                  JD is not coaching and doesn't trust anyone with top players or teams. What's going on? USSF will not allow him with just one foot in.

Comment

JD is not coaching and doesn't trust anyone with top players or teams. What's going on? USSF will not allow him with just one foot in.
                    $$ from ECNL! Who's the DA director?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                      $$ from ECNL! Who's the DA director?
                      A friend said that everyone knows nefc is all over TS and I refused to believe it. One glance and you can tell the friend was right. Other clubs and organizations have taken note, so I would hope the message gets out to stop the posting. It's embarrassing.

Comment

A friend said that everyone knows nefc is all over TS and I refused to believe it. One glance and you can tell the friend was right. Other clubs and organizations have taken note, so I would hope the message gets out to stop the posting. It's embarrassing.

This is just too funny if it weren't so insane. Or what Fred are you going to "start" bashing the crap out of the club, it's parents and it's players? Not like others haven't "taken notice" of your embarrassing antics on this site. The really funny part is remember what you said in that meeting how NEFC was doing so much right that maybe FCB should start emulating it, well here's your chance. Instead of spilling poison 24/7 why don't you try educating and informing. That's all that is really happening with NEFC, they have different ideas about how a club should run and aren't afraid to explain what they are doing and why. Unlike some around here who can only seem to posture, inflate and deflect.

Comment

This is just too funny if it weren't so insane. Or what Fred are you going to "start" bashing the crap out of the club, it's parents and it's players? Not like others haven't "taken notice" of your embarrassing antics on this site. The really funny part is remember what you said in that meeting how NEFC was doing so much right that maybe FCB should start emulating it, well here's your chance. Instead of spilling poison 24/7 why don't you try educating and informing. That's all that is really happening with NEFC, they have different ideas about how a club should run and aren't afraid to explain what they are doing and why. Unlike some around here who can only seem to posture, inflate and deflect.
                          Oh, the irony, with the very next post from the self-proclaimed mastermind of the NEFC online and socIal media strategy/onslaught and TS's 24/7 celebrity clown.

Comment

Oh, the irony, with the very next post from the self-proclaimed mastermind of the NEFC online and socIal media strategy/onslaught and TS's 24/7 celebrity clown.
                            I guess it wouldn't help to say I'm not Fred, I have nothing to do with Fred, and I am a fan of nefc. Someone needs to call it out in the hope that it stops. I have heard too many rumors about nefc parents reputations not to call it out.

Comment

I guess it wouldn't help to say I'm not Fred, I have nothing to do with Fred, and I am a fan of nefc. Someone needs to call it out in the hope that it stops. I have heard too many rumors about nefc parents reputations not to call it out.
                              We know you aren't Fred, and more importantly he knows you aren't Fred. He thinks it's irritating to some so that is more than enough for him to justify his constant lying inside his juvenile mind. Justice a remarkably small person filled with rage and hate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X