Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Miramar in the first round is their second team.
    Really?

Then their 1st team (ranked 11th) isn't doing State Cup? Their first team isn't seeded into Round 2.

Comment

Miramar Red has 1rd bye and is in Bracket G with Strictly, Davie and winner of Region C - Group B.

Comment

Miramar Red has 1rd bye and is in Bracket G with Strictly, Davie and winner of Region C - Group B.
        Ah there it is

Comment

Not a slight against Davie, it's mocking the incredible OCYS excuse machine.

If roles were reversed and WFF lost to Davie after OCYS beat them 4-0 you'd be laughing at the excuse that Davie is a REALLY good team in all positions.

WFF beats OCYS in the Disney Q Finals? IT WAS A SHORTENED GAME, ONLY 30 MINUTE HALVES!

Wait, what? When you "totally dominated" WFF in FSPL couple of weeks later, what was the score after 60 minutes, 2-0 or 3-0? How can a superior team like OCYS be in control in the first 60 minutes of a meaningless league game but can't do it at Disney Q when so much was at stake? Could it be that BOTH teams are very good and the outcome depends on who performs better that day?

WFF wins the Disney Showcase, beating the #5 team in the country 5-0 in the finals and OCYS denigrates saying, "It was a weak bracket".

What's your excuse for losing to Rush?

What's your excuse for a draw against GPS Orlando?

Better yet, what is your excuse for a scoreless draw to Lake Worth (finishing TWELFTH in FSPL)?

Nobody from WFF said they are the best in the state. There are half a dozen teams we think it will be a battle against in State Cup. When WFF won Disney, OCYS showed how classless they were, not congratulating WFF for representing well, they just talked smack.

The ONLY thing OCYS excels at is excuses.

Enjoy your "also-ran" record.
          First of all, dude really this is beyond sad at this point. This rant only illustrates the fact that you wrote it during study hall.

Secondly, please note that OC comments regarding WFF are typically in response to a WFF dig.

Lastly, OC had some draws and a couple of losses against teams that were good but were able to take 2nd in a solid league, and that includes a loss against a really excellent Davie team. Yet all the league losses and ties you refer to are still fewer than the losses that WFF had in the same league, by good margin. And that includes a beat down by OC.

Best of luck at State Cup and I hope that your friends have fun at your school's prom. And remember, you must use Proactive at night AND in the mornings to get results quickly.

Comment

State Cup Round 1

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The quest for the Golden Chalice (silver, actually)begins this weekend, here are my predicitons (with commentary as I see fit):

Region A Group A
            Coral Gables vs. Weston Black These teams met in September with a 4-3 CG win. I think it helps a team to play up a year like Weston has in NPL, but I still give the nod to Coral Gables.

Miami Beach vs. Pinecrest Premiere Miami Beach to win.

Region A Group B
            Miami Strike Force vs. Brazilian Twisters Gotta go with the Twisters.

AC Delray vs. Miramar United Black Could be a good match, but I think AC Delray has played a tougher schedule, which should pay off.

Region A Group C
            Plantation Copa vs. Miami Lakes U They met at Weston Cup last month and I see no reason why Miami Lakes shouldn't win again.

Wellington White vs. Team Boca White Team Boca

Region B Group A
            Indian River vs. S. Orlando This is a tough matchup and a tossup, I think I will go with S. Orlando.

Region B Group B
            FKK Black vs. JAYFC FKK.

Region C Group A
            Bonita vs. IMG Blue IMG Blue

Plant City vs. Clearwater Doesn't matter, neither team is going far. Lesser of two, pick Clearwater.

Region C Group B
            WHYSA Kicks vs. Celtic Might be an upset, but I pick Celtic.

WFF Pinellas vs. St. Pete Raiders WFF should handle this.

Region C Group C
            Spirit vs. Tampa Rangers Always go with the team that takes on tougher challenges and won 3-1 last month, the Rangers.

Good luck and safe travels to all!

Comment

WHYSA is the Ocys of last year. They will defeat Celtic.

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
              Ding! Ding! Ding!

The quest for the Golden Chalice (silver, actually)begins this weekend, here are my predicitons (with commentary as I see fit):

Region A Group A
              Coral Gables vs. Weston Black These teams met in September with a 4-3 CG win. I think it helps a team to play up a year like Weston has in NPL, but I still give the nod to Coral Gables.

Miami Beach vs. Pinecrest Premiere Miami Beach to win.

Region A Group B
              Miami Strike Force vs. Brazilian Twisters Gotta go with the Twisters.

AC Delray vs. Miramar United Black Could be a good match, but I think AC Delray has played a tougher schedule, which should pay off.

Region A Group C
              Plantation Copa vs. Miami Lakes U They met at Weston Cup last month and I see no reason why Miami Lakes shouldn't win again.

Wellington White vs. Team Boca White Team Boca

Region B Group A
              Indian River vs. S. Orlando This is a tough matchup and a tossup, I think I will go with S. Orlando.

Region B Group B
              FKK Black vs. JAYFC FKK.

Region C Group A
              Bonita vs. IMG Blue IMG Blue

Plant City vs. Clearwater Doesn't matter, neither team is going far. Lesser of two, pick Clearwater.

Region C Group B
              WHYSA Kicks vs. Celtic Might be an upset, but I pick Celtic.

WFF Pinellas vs. St. Pete Raiders WFF should handle this.

Region C Group C
              Spirit vs. Tampa Rangers Always go with the team that takes on tougher challenges and won 3-1 last month, the Rangers.

Good luck and safe travels to all!

Comment

Rd 2 bracket seeds are set - let the play do the talking - WFF will show OCYS who is best team.
                OC will leave a bloodbath on field of wff players

Comment

I doubt if EITHER of the posts above are from who they purport.

Comment

FYSA 2017 State Cup Round 1 Results

Region A Group A
                    Coral Gables vs. Weston Black These teams met in September with a 4-3 CG win. I think it helps a team to play up a year like Weston has in NPL, but I still give the nod to Coral Gables. DRAW

Miami Beach vs. Pinecrest Premiere Miami Beach to win. INCORRECT

Region A Group B
                    Miami Strike Force vs. Brazilian Twisters Gotta go with the Twisters. How did the Twisters win the Disney Q and then lay an egg against MSF? INCORRECT

AC Delray vs. Miramar United Black Could be a good match, but I think AC Delray has played a tougher schedule, which should pay off. It WAS a good match, DRAW

Region A Group C
                    Plantation Copa vs. Miami Lakes U They met at Weston Cup last month and I see no reason why Miami Lakes shouldn't win again. CORRECT

Wellington White vs. Team Boca White Team Boca CORRECT

Region B Group A
                    Indian River vs. S. Orlando This is a tough matchup and a tossup, I think I will go with S. Orlando. CORRECT

Region B Group B
                    FKK Black vs. JAYFC FKK. INCORRECT

Region C Group A
                    Bonita vs. IMG Blue IMG Blue CORRECT

Plant City vs. Clearwater Doesn't matter, neither team is going far. Lesser of two, pick Clearwater. CORRECT

Region C Group B
                    WHYSA Kicks vs. Celtic Might be an upset, but I pick Celtic. NOT YET POSTED

WFF Pinellas vs. St. Pete Raiders WFF should handle this. CORRECT

Region C Group C
                    Even though this was a draw, it was a win for Spirit. DRAW

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's definitely a challenge picking Round 1 winners and there is limited history to go on. Most notable outcomes were the defeat of the Brazilian Twisters and the Tampa Rangers only securing a draw against Spirit. The Chargers whomping Plant City 9-0? Are the Chargers retooled and making a run at the Round of 16 or was Plant City just that weak? Time will tell.

So, after the first day of matches my record is 6-3-3 & a question mark. I will provide day 2 predictions next.

Comment

Region A was a mess yesterday. All of the boys went out for St Patty's and it showed. I don't care how much worse Toros is this year, you can't tie Weston Black. Boca Jrs lost to Strike Force? Really? How? I think that is their first win of the season. There's no way Plantation is 3-0 worse than Miami Lakes. Miramar Black should've been able to beat Delray. What a mess!

Region A Group A
                      Coral Gables vs. Weston Black These teams met in September with a 4-3 CG win. I think it helps a team to play up a year like Weston has in NPL, but I still give the nod to Coral Gables. DRAW

Miami Beach vs. Pinecrest Premiere Miami Beach to win. INCORRECT

Region A Group B
                      Miami Strike Force vs. Brazilian Twisters Gotta go with the Twisters. How did the Twisters win the Disney Q and then lay an egg against MSF? INCORRECT

AC Delray vs. Miramar United Black Could be a good match, but I think AC Delray has played a tougher schedule, which should pay off. It WAS a good match, DRAW

Region A Group C
                      Plantation Copa vs. Miami Lakes U They met at Weston Cup last month and I see no reason why Miami Lakes shouldn't win again. CORRECT

Wellington White vs. Team Boca White Team Boca CORRECT

Region B Group A
                      Indian River vs. S. Orlando This is a tough matchup and a tossup, I think I will go with S. Orlando. CORRECT

Region B Group B
                      FKK Black vs. JAYFC FKK. INCORRECT

Region C Group A
                      Bonita vs. IMG Blue IMG Blue CORRECT

Plant City vs. Clearwater Doesn't matter, neither team is going far. Lesser of two, pick Clearwater. CORRECT

Region C Group B
                      WHYSA Kicks vs. Celtic Might be an upset, but I pick Celtic. NOT YET POSTED

WFF Pinellas vs. St. Pete Raiders WFF should handle this. CORRECT

Region C Group C
                      Even though this was a draw, it was a win for Spirit. DRAW

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's definitely a challenge picking Round 1 winners and there is limited history to go on. Most notable outcomes were the defeat of the Brazilian Twisters and the Tampa Rangers only securing a draw against Spirit. The Chargers whomping Plant City 9-0? Are the Chargers retooled and making a run at the Round of 16 or was Plant City just that weak? Time will tell.

So, after the first day of matches my record is 6-3-3 & a question mark. I will provide day 2 predictions next.

Comment

FYSA 2017 State Cup Round 2 Predictions

Day 2 and the Florida weather is fine for futbol!

Region A Group A
                        Weston vs. Pinecrest Weston beat Pinecrest in November and the draw with CG was solid, I pickWeston.

Miami Beach vs. Coral Gables Coral Gables to win.

Region A Group B
                        Miramar United Black vs. Brazilian Twisters The Twisters are on the ropes to advance out of the rec soccer round of State Cup, it's do or-die today....I pick the Twisters.

AC Delray vs. Miami Strike Force Delray SHOULD be favored, but a draw against Miramar's "B" team is a weak opener. Just like the Twisters, today is do-or-die and I pick AC Delray.

Region A Group C
                        Team Boca vs. Miami Lakes U They met at Weston Cup last month and I see no reason why Miami Lakes shouldn't win again.

Wellington White vs. Plantation This will be for all the marbles in Group C, winner take all. These teams met in the Miramar Cup and battled to a scoreless draw. This is my GAME OF THE DAY This game could very well end in another draw, but I will give the nod to Team Boca.

Region B Group A
                        Indian River vs. Beachside Indialantic Indialantic has the distinct advantage of playing their first game of the weekend. Indian River had a tough, 2-1 loss yesterday to S. Orlando. Indian River, on the face of it, should be favored, the question is: do they know how to properly recover to compete again 24 hours later? If they have any hope of advancing they need to win, I go with Indian River.

Region B Group B
                        ACYS Elite II vs. JAYFC Same issue for JAYFC, can they recover to take on a fresh team? I don't think so, ACYS for the win.

Region C Group A
                        Plant City vs. IMG Blue IMG Blue

Bonita Springs vs. Clearwater Clearwater tried to make a statement yesterday, look for them to be well rested and pumped up today, Clearwater.

Region C Group B
                        WHYSA Kicks vs. WFF Pinellas WFF.

Celtic vs. St. Pete Raiders This should be a close game, give the nod to Celtic

Region C Group C
                        Spirit vs. Wesley Chapel Spirit had a tough draw against the Rangers and they really "played up". Should be a close game as well, but I think Spirit has played more competition this year and that should have prepared them better, Spirit.

Comment

FYSA 2017 State Cup Round 1 Day 2 Results

Well, I screwed up, I scrolled down too far when I was looking at the matchups for Region C Group A, screwed up Region B Group B and put Team Boca to win two different matches so I only have 9 games against which to check my predictions. I do have comments, however.

Region A Group A
                          Weston vs. Pinecrest Weston beat Pinecrest in November and the draw with CG was solid, I pickWeston. INCORRECT This win by Pinecrest puts them in the driver's seat for Group A. A WIN or a DRAW next week against Coral Gables and Pinecrest wins Group A.

Miami Beach vs. Coral Gables Coral Gables to win. CORRECT Coral Gables MUST win next week against Pinecrest to guarantee advancing. That looks like it might be a tall order.

Region A Group B
                          Miramar United Black vs. Brazilian Twisters The Twisters are on the ropes to advance out of the rec soccer round of State Cup, it's do or-die today....I pick the Twisters. INCORRECT, and with the the promising start of the Twisters season took another twist and looks more like a swirl down the toilet. Out in Round 1 and zero chance of advancing after winning the Disney Q last Labor Day.

AC Delray vs. Miami Strike Force Delray SHOULD be favored, but a draw against Miramar's "B" team is a weak opener. Just like the Twisters, today is do-or-die and I pick AC Delray. CORRECT This sets up a great contest next week between AC Delray and Miramar United Red. <IF> that game ends in DRAW, AC Delray wins the group on the FOURTH Tie-Breaker, most goals scored. Delray is in the driver's seat, but Miramar controls their own destiny with a chance to win it and take the group.

Region A Group C
                          Team Boca vs. Miami Lakes U They met at Weston Cup last month and I see no reason why Miami Lakes shouldn't win again. INCORRECT Team Boca takes control of the group with a win. They only need a DRAW to take the group.

Wellington White vs. Plantation This will be for all the marbles in Group C, winner take all. These teams met in the Miramar Cup and battled to a scoreless draw. This is my GAME OF THE DAY This game could very well end in another draw, but I will give the nod to Team Boca. What the heck? You can tell I was rushed this morning and I failed to document this pick. Wellington is OUT, Plantation must beat Team Boca to have a chance but I think that would create a 3-way tie in this group as Miami Lakes will beat Wellington next week.

Region B Group A
                          Indian River vs. Beachside Indialantic Indialantic has the distinct advantage of playing their first game of the weekend. Indian River had a tough, 2-1 loss yesterday to S. Orlando. Indian River, on the face of it, should be favored, the question is: do they know how to properly recover to compete again 24 hours later? If they have any hope of advancing they need to win, I go with Indian River. CORRECT S. Orlando controls the group and should beat Indialantic next week to clinch.

Region B Group B
                          ACYS Elite II vs. JAYFC Same issue for JAYFC, can they recover to take on a fresh team? I don't think so, ACYS for the win. I screwed up the matchup, but JAYFC controls the group and should clinch next weekend with a win over ACYS II.

Region C Group A
                          Plant City vs. IMG Blue IMG Blue

Bonita Springs vs. Clearwater Clearwater tried to make a statement yesterday, look for them to be well rested and pumped up today, Clearwater.

So, I totally screwed this group up. But IMG is in control of this group and will crush Plant City next weekend. You have to wonder how realistic a club is when they put a team into State Cup, only to have them start 0-2 with a NEGATIVE FOURTEEN GOAL DIFFERENTIAL! Save your money, stay home.

Region C Group B
                          WHYSA Kicks vs. WFF Pinellas WFF. CORRECT WFF Pinellas squeaks by Kicks and control the group. If Celtic won yesterday, WFF only needs a win or draw to win the group. If Celtic lost yesterday WFF is the first team to win their group, regardless of the outcome next weekend.

Celtic vs. St. Pete Raiders This should be a close game, give the nod to Celtic DRAW

Region C Group C
                          Spirit vs. Wesley Chapel Spirit had a tough draw against the Rangers and they really "played up". Should be a close game as well, but I think Spirit has played more competition this year and that should have prepared them better, Spirit. CORRECT The good news for Spirit is that they won the game. The bad news is, they gave up a goal to a weak team. In a 3 team group where the top two teams tied yesterday, that single goal against could be the difference in the group. All the Tampa Rangers need to do is win 4-0 and they will win the group on the FIFTH tie breaker. Now, it will be crazy if the Rangers win, score 5 or more and give up a goal just like Spirit-then they will have to do penalty kicks to determine the group winner. The good news is, the clubs are near each other and FYSA (if they are smart-a dubious proposition at best) can have them meet locally under the supervision of selected referees to conduct penalty kicks and settle it.

So, I finish the day 5-3-1 (with all my screw ups), and finish the weekend 11-6-4 and a question mark on the Celtic game from yesterday. I will publish predictions for the final Round 1 games later this week!

Comment

FYSA 2017 State Cup Round 1 final predictions

Time to finish up the rec soccer round of State Cup. The Celtic score from Saturday has not posted yet, but I hear they got spanked by Kicks, which means WFF Pinellas is the first to clinch their group. They meet Strictly in their opening game of Round 2, so of course FYSA has two teams from Pinellas traveling to the east coast to play.

Region A Group A
                            Weston vs. Miami Beach Both teams are out of the tournament, not even a chance at a wildcard. Coin toss, but pick Miami Beach.

Pinecrest vs. Coral Gables Pinecrest needs a win or draw to win the group, CG MUST win and that may make them take chances. Could be a good game, but I think Pinecrest will win.

Region A Group B
                            AC Delray vs. Twisters Twisters are toast, AC Delray will win to clinch.

Miramar United Black vs. Miami Strike Force Miramar is in the running for a wild card and have a lot on the line, go with Miramar.

Region A Group C
                            Wellington vs. Miami Lakes U Miami Lakes needs this win for a wildcard shot Miami Lakes.

Team Boca vs. Plantation Team Boca.

Region B Group A
                            S Orlando vs. Beachside Indialantic This could be a tight one. IF Indialantic can pull off a win, we would have a 3 way tie. IF they beat S. Orlando 2-1 we would have a 3-way tie through all tie breakers resulting in a PK contest between them. I think S. Orlando will win but I am rooting for chaos!

Region B Group B
                            ACYS Elite II vs. JAYFC Armada crushed FKK and ACYS (on fresh legs) could only draw FKK (who played on tired legs). I go with Armada for the win.

Region C Group A
                            Plant City vs. IMG Blue Correct game this weekend, same predicted outcome, IMG Blue

Bonita Springs vs. Clearwater Winner of this game probably gets a wildcard, probably Clearwater.

Region C Group B
                            WHYSA Kicks vs. St. Pete Raiders Kicks should win, but no wildcard and their tournament is done.

Celtic vs. WFF WFF has clinched, should rest their best players to avoid injury, but WFF should still win.

Region C Group C
                            Rangers vs. Wesley Chapel As I stated on the last results post, Spirit opened the door for the Rangers to win outright. There is no doubt the Rangers will win, but the goal differential is the real story here.:
                            Rangers win but give up 2 goals -> Spirit wins group
                            Rangers shut out WC but only score 3 goals or less-> Spirit wins group
                            Rangers win 4-1 -> tied group, go to PKs
                            Rangers shut out WC and score 4 or more -> Rangers win group

Winner of the group goes on, loser is done.

Whew! Any questions?

Good luck and safe travels!

Comment

That's going to be a tight group: Miramar Red, Davie, Strictly and WFF Pinellas.

Time to finish up the rec soccer round of State Cup. The Celtic score from Saturday has not posted yet, but I hear they got spanked by Kicks, which means WFF Pinellas is the first to clinch their group. They meet Strictly in their opening game of Round 2, so of course FYSA has two teams from Pinellas traveling to the east coast to play.

Region A Group A
                              Weston vs. Miami Beach Both teams are out of the tournament, not even a chance at a wildcard. Coin toss, but pick Miami Beach.

Pinecrest vs. Coral Gables Pinecrest needs a win or draw to win the group, CG MUST win and that may make them take chances. Could be a good game, but I think Pinecrest will win.

Region A Group B
                              AC Delray vs. Twisters Twisters are toast, AC Delray will win to clinch.

Miramar United Black vs. Miami Strike Force Miramar is in the running for a wild card and have a lot on the line, go with Miramar.

Region A Group C
                              Wellington vs. Miami Lakes U Miami Lakes needs this win for a wildcard shot Miami Lakes.

Team Boca vs. Plantation Team Boca.

Region B Group A
                              S Orlando vs. Beachside Indialantic This could be a tight one. IF Indialantic can pull off a win, we would have a 3 way tie. IF they beat S. Orlando 2-1 we would have a 3-way tie through all tie breakers resulting in a PK contest between them. I think S. Orlando will win but I am rooting for chaos!

Region B Group B
                              ACYS Elite II vs. JAYFC Armada crushed FKK and ACYS (on fresh legs) could only draw FKK (who played on tired legs). I go with Armada for the win.

Region C Group A
                              Plant City vs. IMG Blue Correct game this weekend, same predicted outcome, IMG Blue

Bonita Springs vs. Clearwater Winner of this game probably gets a wildcard, probably Clearwater.

Region C Group B
                              WHYSA Kicks vs. St. Pete Raiders Kicks should win, but no wildcard and their tournament is done.

Celtic vs. WFF WFF has clinched, should rest their best players to avoid injury, but WFF should still win.

Region C Group C
                              Rangers vs. Wesley Chapel As I stated on the last results post, Spirit opened the door for the Rangers to win outright. There is no doubt the Rangers will win, but the goal differential is the real story here.:
                              Rangers win but give up 2 goals -> Spirit wins group
                              Rangers shut out WC but only score 3 goals or less-> Spirit wins group
                              Rangers win 4-1 -> tied group, go to PKs
                              Rangers shut out WC and score 4 or more -> Rangers win group

Winner of the group goes on, loser is done.

Whew! Any questions?

Good luck and safe travels!

Comment

That's going to be a tight group: Miramar Red, Davie, Strictly and WFF Pinellas.
                                What do 2nd round brackets look like so far? Who will big boys like OC, acys, wff, have?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X