X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FCF Schedule

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Between Oct 22 and this weekend, several of the on our team will have played 43 games in about 4 months between club, club tournaments and HS. Not sure how many more games you want these kids to play? Would love to hear your alternative.
    Not the original poster.

Look at the FCF Prep U18 schedule. Lots of tournaments, lots of weekends off. Kids get to do more than just play soccer. School, Girls, Other Sports...kids that can still be kids...that still get college scholarships. Dump the league. It's too much. You made the point very well. Seems like we agree with each other.

Comment

Well, it starts with a return phone call from the OC DOC to our Club president or our coach. It just never happened. I am sure they could have found a date.
      I am curious how many of your graduating seniors are going to play in college and what type of soccer money are they getting?

Comment

Well, it starts with a return phone call from the OC DOC to our Club president or our coach. It just never happened. I am sure they could have found a date.
        You somehow responded without answering. Assuming that the DOC did answer the call, again when would you propose that they would play? You don't play in a league, and I'm guessing a lot of your kids don't play HS. OC plays in a league, is in tournaments and the kids play HS. So when in that mass of games should a game vs. FCP have been scheduled?

Would FCP really wanted to have come up to Orlando and scrimmage during a practice session?

Comment

Not the original poster.

Look at the FCF Prep U18 schedule. Lots of tournaments, lots of weekends off. Kids get to do more than just play soccer. School, Girls, Other Sports...kids that can still be kids...that still get college scholarships. Dump the league. It's too much. You made the point very well. Seems like we agree with each other.
          The problem is that FCF is not part of a larger organization, they are essentially independent. I assume also only a few number of age groups? As a result they have no commitments that a typical organization would make.

The GPS organization, the ACYS organization, the OC organization, WFF, etc. aren't structured in a way that would allow for a spinoff team doing their own thing with no league and just tournaments. They, like 99% of teams out there, are setup for DA, NPL, FYSA, ECPL and others for the boys teams.

Comment

FSPL Games this weekend

High School Kickball-errr- Soccer is over (thank god) and now back to your regulary scheduled programming.

Two more weekends of FSPL to round out the season and then it's into State Cup Time. Here are predictions for the weekend:

Saturday
            OC vs. BSA Some picks are easy, this is one of them. OC for the easy win, let the bench start.

PGS Orlando vs. Rush Lot of chatter on the Florida Coast Cup TS thread about how GPS Orlando looks retooled and is now stronger. Now is the time to find out, #10 vs. #11 on the table, if GPS is getting their act together Rush should be no problem. I'll give them a chance to prove it, GPS Orlando to win.

CES vs. GPS West I would expect CES to win.

PBG vs. ACYS Now, I would usually say this was a slam dunk, but ACYS only beat them 3-2 at Florida Coast Cup. Maybe PBG had guest players, but ACYS should win. A loss by ACYS should be a red flag that something is amiss.

Davie vs. Strictly My Game of the Day This could be a good matchup and the outcome could depend on who is less beat up from High School. Strictly last played real soccer in Vegas in January (won, but only got 70 GS points) while Davie played in Weston's, losing in the finals but getting 3x points (theoretically better competition). I think that will make the difference, I pick Davie to win.

Lee County vs. RM Simple, Lee County.

CSU vs. WFF I pick WFF to win.

Lake Worth vs. FCDEC Neither team has done much this year, FCDEC played a low bracket at Disney and got their ass handed to them. In a meaningless game I tossed a coin and picked Lake Worth.

Sunday
            GPS Orlando vs. BSA GPS Orlando wins.

Rush vs. OCYS Easy pickings for OCYS.

PBG vs. FCDEC FCDEC continues to lag, pick PBG.

LW vs. ACYS Does everyone get a cake walk Sunday? ACYS for the win.

Davie vs. WFF This is my GAME OF THE DAY. #4 vs. #5 on the table. If Davie wants to show their are a contender, this is the game to demonstrate that. While Davie is competing at Weston the WFF is competing at the highest level at Mayor's Cup in Vegas. I think that will be the difference, pick WFF.

Lee County vs. CES I think CES is just a stronger team, pick them.

CSU vs. Strictly #7 vs. #8, should be a good game but I think Strictly will prevail.

RM vs. GPS West GPS should have no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
              High School Kickball-errr- Soccer is over (thank god) and now back to your regulary scheduled programming.

Two more weekends of FSPL to round out the season and then it's into State Cup Time. Here are predictions for the weekend:

Saturday
              OC vs. BSA Some picks are easy, this is one of them. OC for the easy win, let the bench start.

PGS Orlando vs. Rush Lot of chatter on the Florida Coast Cup TS thread about how GPS Orlando looks retooled and is now stronger. Now is the time to find out, #10 vs. #11 on the table, if GPS is getting their act together Rush should be no problem. I'll give them a chance to prove it, GPS Orlando to win.

PBG vs. ACYS Now, I would usually say this was a slam dunk, but ACYS only beat them 3-2 at Florida Coast Cup. Maybe PBG had guest players, but ACYS should win. A loss by ACYS should be a red flag that something is amiss.

Davie vs. Strictly My Game of the Day This could be a good matchup and the outcome could depend on who is less beat up from High School. Strictly last played real soccer in Vegas in January (won, but only got 70 GS points) while Davie played in Weston's, losing in the finals but getting 3x points (theoretically better competition). I think that will make the difference, I pick Davie to win.

Lake Worth vs. FCDEC Neither team has done much this year, FCDEC played a low bracket at Disney and got their ass handed to them. In a meaningless game I tossed a coin and picked Lake Worth.

Sunday

Davie vs. WFF This is my GAME OF THE DAY. #4 vs. #5 on the table. If Davie wants to show their are a contender, this is the game to demonstrate that. While Davie is competing at Weston the WFF is competing at the highest level at Mayor's Cup in Vegas. I think that will be the difference, pick WFF.

CSU vs. Strictly #7 vs. #8, should be a good game but I think Strictly will prevail.

Now that the high school is over , Time for players to quit teams and soccer all together and others poach from lesser teams for state cup run.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post

Saturday

Sunday

Welcome back!

Comment

Welcome back!
                  Thank you, good to be back. Looking forward to the finish of FSPL and the start of State Cup and Florida Cup!

IPMNOI

Comment

I agree

The problem is that FCF is not part of a larger organization, they are essentially independent. I assume also only a few number of age groups? As a result they have no commitments that a typical organization would make.

The GPS organization, the ACYS organization, the OC organization, WFF, etc. aren't structured in a way that would allow for a spinoff team doing their own thing with no league and just tournaments. They, like 99% of teams out there, are setup for DA, NPL, FYSA, ECPL and others for the boys teams.
                    I agree, but that's my point. We spun off because we got sick of the club scheduling to please the soccer leagues and sanctioning bodies, even if it created burn-out for our kids

Comment

All but two

I am curious how many of your graduating seniors are going to play in college and what type of soccer money are they getting?
                      All but two, though the term 'soccer money' doesn't make sense. Each school is different in the mix of athletic money, academic money and financial aid. We have kids that received 100% money without the need to qualify for aid, then we have several that are getting 60% money, plus aid. Most of our kids are not well off, so they are getting 90-100% when all sources are combined.

Comment

Now that the high school is over , Time for players to quit teams and soccer all together and others poach from lesser teams for state cup run.
                        Predators picked up a Boca U reject. Great career move, going backwards.

Comment

I agree, but that's my point. We spun off because we got sick of the club scheduling to please the soccer leagues and sanctioning bodies, even if it created burn-out for our kids
                          Perhaps there will be a Central Florida version of what you did. In the meantime, best of luck to you.

Comment

Thanks

Perhaps there will be a Central Florida version of what you did. In the meantime, best of luck to you.
                            Thanks. First year has been good and bad. We like the weekends off and the big tournament experiences. This works for many families - but others want more games, especially the younger teams that don't benefit as much from the National Showcase events.

Second year coming we will try to get more games, Florida tournaments and organized friendlies.

Hopefully we will find the right balance.

Comment

Thanks. First year has been good and bad. We like the weekends off and the big tournament experiences. This works for many families - but others want more games, especially the younger teams that don't benefit as much from the National Showcase events.

Second year coming we will try to get more games, Florida tournaments and organized friendlies.

Hopefully we will find the right balance.
                              Can you live out of immediate area and still play on team?

Comment

Scores? Strictly kicked butt!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X