Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP here. The largest group of players not yet on this year's list are D3 players awaiting normal acceptance. The schools they are often applying are not easy to get into and they likely have multiple possibilities depending. This plays out in the Spring. Also schools like BC and BU are sometimes in no hurry to let anyone know. Occasionally a player leaks out, as just happened, but generally is slow to be announced. Hard to imagination only 1 MA player selected between the two teams.

Are these two quotes from actual knowledge and experience or are you guessing?
    March is upon us. Unless the player him (or her) self has not decided on what school he/she wants to attend, then all the preferred players from D1, D2, D3 have already been selected and accepted. Those players that had a preference for a specific school and had the support of the coach would have applied early decision. Thereafter the selection is a combination of the school transcripts and the amount of support the coach was willing to put behind the player. To quote one coach "I have my A's, my B's, and my C's. The C's have to be Messi to get into this school". Suffice it to say, this was a stronger academic school. For those who are still waiting to here or decide from a specific school, either their school transcripts were not up to par or the coach was not putting much weight behind him/her.
    Why do you care so much? Are you hoping a specific player or group of players don't go D1 so can then rag on that player or particular club.? I have been on this board awhile and you smell fishy

Comment

D1
      Ignacio Roitman - Bolts - Northboro - Boston U*
      Nathan Plano - Aztec - Reading HS - Brown
      Felipe Cypriano - Bolts - Malden - Bryant
      Anthony Barreira - FC Stars - Foxboro - Bryant*
      Sam Hatem - FC Stars - Worcester Academy - Columbia
      Cole Venner - Black Rock - Berkshire - UConn
      Austin Aviza - Revs - Syracuse - UConn - transfer
      Matthew Ranieri - Revs - Nobles&Greenough - Dartmouth
      Wilhelm Jacques - Bolts - Medford - Duke
      Rory Conway - Bolts - Brookline - Harvard
      Max Benford - Aztec - Ipswich - Holy Cross
      Edi Mujan - Bolts - Revere - Holy Cross
      Justin Rennicks - Revs - Hamilton/Wenham - Indiana
      Trey Miller - Revs - Monson - Louisville
      Mike Rita - Western United - Minnechaug - UMass
      Eli Cronin - Seacoast - Masconomet - UMass
      Davis Smith - Dallas Texans - Williston Northampton - UMass
      Owen Miller - NEFC - Medford - UMass Lowell
      Alex Shterenberg - Revs - Westwood - Michigan St
      Nicholas Woodruff - Revs - Attleborough - Michigan St
      Jonathan Wolf - NEFC - Worcester Academy - UNH
      Adama Kaba - Hammer - St Sebastian - Northeastern
      Noah Abrams - Manhattan - Berkshire - Northeastern
      Daniel Munch - GPS - BB&N - Northeastern
      Jack Roberts - GPS - Nobles&Greenough - Princeton
      Ben Ludwick - FC Stars - Acton/Boxborough - PC
      Peter Zecca - GPS - Rivers - St Johns
      Edward Walsh - Revs - Westwood - Xavier

D2
      Rafael Perez - ? - Tewksbury - AIC
      Connor Hicks - Western United - Monson - AIC
      Mauricio Martinez - Aztecs - Revere - Assumption
      Chris Kalil - Western United - Wilbraham&Monson - Assumption
      Sebastan Jaramillo - Seacoast - Dracut - Assumption
      Hayden Yakola - Liverpool - Nauset - Bentley
      Kyle Archambault - Bolts - St Johns Shrewsbury - Bentley
      Will Buraczynski - NEFC - Littleton - Merrimack
      Drew Lovely - GPS - Weymouth - Merrimack

D3
      Jack O'Brien - GPS - Milton Academy - Amherst
      Dylan Steele - GPS - Brooks - Amherst
      Sebastian Royo - GPS - Algonquin - Babson
      Blaise Marceau - Bolts - Waban - Bates
      Max McPherron - GPS - Nobles & Greenough - Bowdoin
      Alex Chaban - Bolts - Brooks - Bowdoin
      Andy Manos - GPS - NMH - Brandeis
      Chris Russo - FC Stars - Westford - Brandeis
      Evan Glass - Aztecs - Masconomet - Brandeis
      Noah Gans - GPS - Newton South - Brandeis
      Sam Hatley - NEFC - ? - Clark
      Alberto Butts-Lee - GPS - Worcester Academy - Colby
      Samson Heyer - FC Stars - Amherst HS - Colorado College
      Justin Miranda - Aztec - Winchester - Connecticut College
      Liam Donelan - FC Stars - Milton HS - Connecticut College
      Alejandro Winsor - GPS - Wakefield - Curry
      Grayson Presutti - GPS - Hingham - Denison
      Daniel Milhollen - Bolts - Foxboro - Denson
      Ryan Horan - GPS - Norwell - Franklin & Marshall
      Cameron Law - GPS - ? - Franklin & Marshall
      Jack Fell - GPS - Concord Carlisle - Hobart
      Liam Thor - Blackrock FC - Berkshire - Kenyon
      Tyler Medierios- GPS - New Bedford Voke - UMass Boston
      Justin Burns - GPS - Walpole - Mass Maritime
      Matthew Hyer - FC Stars - Groton Dunstable - Middlebury
      Jacob LaBranche - Liverpool - Nauset - Middlebury
      Marco Kaper - Aztec - Manchester-Essex - Middlebury
      Cody Kennedy - ? - Millbury - New England Univ
      Connor Edwards - Western - NMH - Roger Williams
      Josh Polakiewicz - Aztecs - Masconomet - Roger Williams
      James Nicholas - FSA - NMH - St Lawrence
      Spencer Nagi - NEFC - Westborough - St Josephs College
      Marvyn Dorchin - Seacoast - Belmont - Springfield
      Jason Meuth - Seacoast - Mansfield - Swarthmore
      Jamie Marden - Aztec - Marblehead - Trinity College (CT)
      Phineas Santello - Aztec - Arlington - Trinity College (CT)
      David Luongo - Benfica - St John's Prep - Trinity College(CT)
      Patrick "PK" Kennedy-GPS/Bolts - Thayer - Trinity College (CT)
      Quentin van der Lee - Black Rock - Berkshire - Trinity(TX)
      Omar al-Homsi Hernandez - FC Blazers - Bromfield - Union
      Poom Mera - Revs/GPS - Swansea - Union
      Nicholas Ranieri - GPS - Nobles&Greenough - Williams
      Jules Oberg - Black Rock - Berkshire - Williams

GPS has 20 kids (3 D1, 1 D2) going to college to play soccer.
      Bolts has 10 (8 D1; 1 D2)
      Revs has 8 (8 D1)
      Stars has 5 (3 D1)

GPS is looking very very very good for your kid to play soccer in college.

Comment

OP here. The largest group of players not yet on this year's list are D3 players awaiting normal acceptance. The schools they are often applying are not easy to get into and they likely have multiple possibilities depending. This plays out in the Spring. Also schools like BC and BU are sometimes in no hurry to let anyone know. Occasionally a player leaks out, as just happened, but generally is slow to be announced. Hard to imagination only 1 MA player selected between the two teams.

Are these two quotes from actual knowledge and experience or are you guessing?
        March is upon us. Unless the player him (or her) self has not decided on what school he/she wants to attend, then all the preferred players from D1, D2, D3 have already been selected and accepted. Those players that had a preference for a specific school and had the support of the coach would have applied early decision. Thereafter the selection is a combination of the school transcripts and the amount of support the coach was willing to put behind the player. To quote one coach "I have my A's, my B's, and my C's. The C's have to be Messi to get into this school". Suffice it to say, this was a stronger academic school. For those who are still waiting to here or decide from a specific school, either their school transcripts were not up to par or the coach was not putting much weight behind him/her.
        OP only has published info or TS contributions to rely on. If a player or club or school hasn't released information yet - either because they're slow or intentionally - where do you suggest he get this information from? Unless you have useful information for the thread keep your douchey comments to yourself

Comment

OP only has published info or TS contributions to rely on. If a player or club or school hasn't released information yet - either because they're slow or intentionally - where do you suggest he get this information from? Unless you have useful information for the thread keep your douchey comments to yourself

My comments are only 'douchey' for someone who just got a reality check. My comments are facts. It is nearly March. For players who had a specific school they wanted and the coach at that school wanted him/her, then (assuming they weren't dumb as a doorknob) it would be a done deal.

That said, there are probably still some talented players who simply have not decided on a specific school.
          Also, there will always be very few spots left in April for those schools that didn't fill the bottom end of their 25-30 person roster.

Comment

My comments are only 'douchey' for someone who just got a reality check. My comments are facts. It is nearly March. For players who had a specific school they wanted and the coach at that school wanted him/her, then (assuming they weren't dumb as a doorknob) it would be a done deal.

That said, there are probably still some talented players who simply have not decided on a specific school.
            Also, there will always be very few spots left in April for those schools that didn't fill the bottom end of their 25-30 person roster.
            So what. You're implying the list is faulty through the fault of the op. The list can only be as good as the information he has available. As has happened every year the list gets many additions well into May, and it will never be 100% complete. In no way does it diminish it's usefulness.

Comment

GPS has 20 kids (3 D1, 1 D2) going to college to play soccer.
              Bolts has 10 (8 D1; 1 D2)
              Revs has 8 (8 D1)
              Stars has 5 (3 D1)

GPS is looking very very very good for your kid to play soccer in college.
              Fake news. Revs has one team; GPS has about a dozen. Fact is that both have impressive placements this year, including some top academics for the Revs (Dartmouth, Tufts). Story is still the same-if top priority is to play D1, Revs is best bet. If you want to top-end D3, a top club team will work.

Comment

Fake news. Revs has one team; GPS has about a dozen. Fact is that both have impressive placements this year, including some top academics for the Revs (Dartmouth, Tufts). Story is still the same-if top priority is to play D1, Revs is best bet. If you want to top-end D3, a top club team will work.
                Getting into Tufts and Dartmouth has little to do with the Revs

Comment

Getting into Tufts and Dartmouth has little to do with the Revs
                  Don't bet on it. A lot of clubs work hard, and are working hard, to place their kids.

Comment

Don't bet on it. A lot of clubs work hard, and are working hard, to place their kids.
                    My point was that the Revs can be used as a path to serious D1 soccer or a top academic school (understanding that you have to have strong academics too for the latter). As far as the hard work in placement goes, I always thought it was and should be the player doing the hard work, with the coach providing an honest assessment of capabilities and fit when asked. I can't imagine Tufts required a huge sell on that player, with the hard work being the player's in the classroom and in the training. Dartmouth is more of a reach, but still not sure I see all the hard work the club puts in- it's not like some distant school where maybe it's harder to get on their radar screen. Would love to hear how it really works though.

Comment

Why do you care so much? Are you hoping a specific player or group of players don't go D1 so can then rag on that player or particular club.? I have been on this board awhile and you smell fishy

So what. You're implying the list is faulty through the fault of the op. The list can only be as good as the information he has available. As has happened every year the list gets many additions well into May, and it will never be 100% complete. In no way does it diminish it's usefulness.

I never said the list is faulty. However, I do suspect that there are many that don't have the need to publish where their kids are going to school. By the way, good for them. My comments regarding the list is simply that you don't need to be Revs or Bolts to go to D1, D2, or D3 soccer schools. I do believe that D1 schools have a bigger eye on the DAP teams.....but not only the D1 teams.
                      I do believe that while the players (and parents) own the lion share of responsibility in the recruitment process and contact of college coaches, I also believe that the clubs, while charging thousands of dollars should (not 'have to') contribute significantly either by contracting college coaches based on players list and, better yet, providing videos of games with some option (possibly increased cost) to develop highlight films. There is plenty of software and technology to get this latter part done. Video equipment with extensions will cost a few thousand dollars and the software to identify players off of video reels another 3000 dollars......small amount for larger clubs and clubs with resources.

As for the college recruitment.....just providing information and reality. 90+% of the recruiting is done by this time for all three divisions.

Comment

I never said the list is faulty. However, I do suspect that there are many that don't have the need to publish where their kids are going to school. By the way, good for them. My comments regarding the list is simply that you don't need to be Revs or Bolts to go to D1, D2, or D3 soccer schools. I do believe that D1 schools have a bigger eye on the DAP teams.....but not only the D1 teams.
                        I do believe that while the players (and parents) own the lion share of responsibility in the recruitment process and contact of college coaches, I also believe that the clubs, while charging thousands of dollars should (not 'have to') contribute significantly either by contracting college coaches based on players list and, better yet, providing videos of games with some option (possibly increased cost) to develop highlight films. There is plenty of software and technology to get this latter part done. Video equipment with extensions will cost a few thousand dollars and the software to identify players off of video reels another 3000 dollars......small amount for larger clubs and clubs with resources.

As for the college recruitment.....just providing information and reality. 90+% of the recruiting is done by this time for all three divisions.
                        That we can agree on. The list clearly shows DA is where you need to be for better D1 but that there are plenty of opportunities elsewhere for non DA players. I also agree that some clubs and coaches do right by their players in the recruiting process while others are lazy as f*ck.

Comment

That we can agree on. The list clearly shows DA is where you need to be for better D1 but that there are plenty of opportunities elsewhere for non DA players. I also agree that some clubs and coaches do right by their players in the recruiting process while others are lazy as f*ck.

While the D1 schools are more likely to see more DAP games, don't fool yourself into thinking that if you kid is on a DAP team that they have a much better shot at getting on to a D1 college soccer team.
                          To explain this statement better; if you are on a DAP team but not getting much play time then your chances at getting a D1 invite is not better than a player who gets very good play time on a strong non DAP team.
                          The DAP roster numbers range from 18-23 players. The top 11-14 have a shot at D1. Even from this, with the non US competition being what it is, even these top 11-14 will struggle to compete......

Playtime is very important....especially if your lazy as f*ck coach/club doesn't help out enough.

Comment

OP here. Over the past 4 seasons the Revs placed 6-7 MA kids in D1 each year. With other state kids perhaps another 1-2. Typically about half of that number played much. Last season only 1 of 7 did. That ratio was true for all MA D1 players.

Comment

While the D1 schools are more likely to see more DAP games, don't fool yourself into thinking that if you kid is on a DAP team that they have a much better shot at getting on to a D1 college soccer team.
                              To explain this statement better; if you are on a DAP team but not getting much play time then your chances at getting a D1 invite is not better than a player who gets very good play time on a strong non DAP team.
                              The DAP roster numbers range from 18-23 players. The top 11-14 have a shot at D1. Even from this, with the non US competition being what it is, even these top 11-14 will struggle to compete......

Playtime is very important....especially if your lazy as f*ck coach/club doesn't help out enough.
                              You sound disgruntled. But I happen to agree that having a "lazy f*ck coach/club" doesn't help since as you pointed out the odds are already stacked against you. Truthfully you first have to be above average but then you need some sort of help. The least a coach/club can do is put the team in tournaments/brackets where the coaches you want to be seen by will be watching. Now if they actually wanted to advocate for you that would be even better.

Comment

OP here. Over the past 4 seasons the Revs placed 6-7 MA kids in D1 each year. With other state kids perhaps another 1-2. Typically about half of that number played much. Last season only 1 of 7 did. That ratio was true for all MA D1 players.
                                Not sure what you are trying to say but if it is that only 1 Ma. player in Div.1 played much last year then you are wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X