Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid is a 2001 and plays ECNL for OCYS and there is no SS involved? Tying to find out more about the Girls DA subsidies for next year? Can anybody post anything concrete?
    You must be new to soccer...Read the first line of the OP "i really hope the fotopoulo$". Everyone know GF (Fotopoulos) is the DOC of TBU. Please keep up...

Comment

You must be new to soccer...Read the first line of the OP "i really hope the fotopoulo$". Everyone know GF (Fotopoulos) is the DOC of TBU. Please keep up...
      From OCYS.

This is the only person I know named Fotopoulos associated with soccer:

With legendary status at the University of Florida, Danielle Fotopoulos is one of the most notable names in the sport of women’s soccer. She enters her seventh year at Eckerd this fall, having elevated the Tritons into contending status in the competitive Sunshine State Conference shortly following her arrival on campus.

The NCAA Division I all-time leading goal scorer and former U.S. National Team member has continued to take the necessary steps to build the program after being appointed to the position in the summer of 2010.

With a total of 37 wins (29 in her last four seasons) under her belt as head coach, Fotopoulos matched the team's single-win record with 10 victories in the 2012 campaign ('98, '00, '01). Following a strong end to the fall of 2011, the Tritons responded in a big way after being picked to finish ninth and last in the SSC Preseason Poll.

Under the leadership of Fotopoulos, EC claimed its first conference win since 2006 in late September 2012 and rattled off two more league victories before cashing in with the fifth seed in the Florida Blue SSC Championship, the program's first tournament berth. The Tritons went on to upset No. 4 seed Nova Southeastern University in the opening round.

The last four years have proven to be Fotopoulos's most successful with 29 wins over that span and two fifth-place finishes in conference play.

Fotopoulos, a former All-America selection with the Gators, arrived at Eckerd after serving on the U.S. U-14 National ID staff. She is also actively involved with the sport outside of Eckerd as the current head coach of the U-15 National Team.

In Gainesville, she was a two-time SEC Player of the Year at Florida and was the Soccer America Player of the Year in 1998 after leading the Gators to an NCAA championship.

Fotopoulos continued her career with U.S. women’s soccer and was a member of the 1999 FIFA World Cup championship squad. She continued her professional career in the Women’s United Soccer Association and was a two-time all-star selection.

She began her college coaching career in 2003, serving as co-head coach at Louisiana State University. After spending two seasons in Baton Rouge, she later became an assistant coach at her alma mater with the Gators in 2006.

Fotopoulos was inducted into UF’s Hall of Fame in 2008 and into the FHSAA Hall of Fame in 2014. She graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s Degree in 1999.

Comment

I learned you!!!!

From OCYS.

This is the only person I know named Fotopoulos associated with soccer:

With legendary status at the University of Florida, Danielle Fotopoulos is one of the most notable names in the sport of women’s soccer. She enters her seventh year at Eckerd this fall, having elevated the Tritons into contending status in the competitive Sunshine State Conference shortly following her arrival on campus.

The NCAA Division I all-time leading goal scorer and former U.S. National Team member has continued to take the necessary steps to build the program after being appointed to the position in the summer of 2010.

With a total of 37 wins (29 in her last four seasons) under her belt as head coach, Fotopoulos matched the team's single-win record with 10 victories in the 2012 campaign ('98, '00, '01). Following a strong end to the fall of 2011, the Tritons responded in a big way after being picked to finish ninth and last in the SSC Preseason Poll.

Under the leadership of Fotopoulos, EC claimed its first conference win since 2006 in late September 2012 and rattled off two more league victories before cashing in with the fifth seed in the Florida Blue SSC Championship, the program's first tournament berth. The Tritons went on to upset No. 4 seed Nova Southeastern University in the opening round.

The last four years have proven to be Fotopoulos's most successful with 29 wins over that span and two fifth-place finishes in conference play.

Fotopoulos, a former All-America selection with the Gators, arrived at Eckerd after serving on the U.S. U-14 National ID staff. She is also actively involved with the sport outside of Eckerd as the current head coach of the U-15 National Team.

In Gainesville, she was a two-time SEC Player of the Year at Florida and was the Soccer America Player of the Year in 1998 after leading the Gators to an NCAA championship.

Fotopoulos continued her career with U.S. women’s soccer and was a member of the 1999 FIFA World Cup championship squad. She continued her professional career in the Women’s United Soccer Association and was a two-time all-star selection.

She began her college coaching career in 2003, serving as co-head coach at Louisiana State University. After spending two seasons in Baton Rouge, she later became an assistant coach at her alma mater with the Gators in 2006.

Fotopoulos was inducted into UF’s Hall of Fame in 2008 and into the FHSAA Hall of Fame in 2014. She graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s Degree in 1999.
        WOW....I mad you google someone, I win.... But DF is the wife of GF the DOC of the OP Fotopoulo$ post.

Now go google GF....

Comment

And then go google SS

Comment

There is nothing concrete. All you will find is desperate rumors planted by the OC staff to keep people from leaving. Buyer beware.
            Girls Development Academy promises to be less expensive for players than ECNL

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...less-expe.html

This article was published exactly 1-year ago today. Pretty interesting to read this article and see how much the DA crowd has already back-tracked and contradicted themselves.

Comment

And then go google SS
              Googled SS:

Founded in 1925, the “Schutzstaffel,” German for “Protective Echelon,” initially served as Nazi Party leader Adolf Hitler’s (1889-1945) personal bodyguards, and later became one of the most powerful and feared organizations in all of Nazi Germany. Heinrich Himmler (1900-45), a fervent anti-Semite like Hitler, became head of the Schutzstaffel, or SS, in 1929 and expanded the group’s role and size. Recruits, who had to prove none of their ancestors were Jewish, received military training and were also taught they were the elite not only of the Nazi Party but of all humankind. By the start of World War II (1939-45), the SS had more than 250,000 members and multiple subdivisions, engaged in activities ranging from intelligence operations to running Nazi concentration camps. At the postwar Nuremberg trials, the SS was deemed a criminal organization for its direct involvement in war crimes.

Comment

Googled SS:

Founded in 1925, the “Schutzstaffel,” German for “Protective Echelon,” initially served as Nazi Party leader Adolf Hitler’s (1889-1945) personal bodyguards, and later became one of the most powerful and feared organizations in all of Nazi Germany. Heinrich Himmler (1900-45), a fervent anti-Semite like Hitler, became head of the Schutzstaffel, or SS, in 1929 and expanded the group’s role and size. Recruits, who had to prove none of their ancestors were Jewish, received military training and were also taught they were the elite not only of the Nazi Party but of all humankind. By the start of World War II (1939-45), the SS had more than 250,000 members and multiple subdivisions, engaged in activities ranging from intelligence operations to running Nazi concentration camps. At the postwar Nuremberg trials, the SS was deemed a criminal organization for its direct involvement in war crimes.
                You are to dumb to get it

Comment

Regardless of who gets the WFF Palm Harbor and East Lake teams the impact of losing them will be severe to WFF. I quick look at Got Soccer's listing of WFF teams shows the following breakout:

1) This is not perfect but it is based on how WFF named the teams;
                  2) All ECNL teams were counted and assigned to Brandon;
                  3) Any team without a campus identified in it's name was assigned to Brandon;
                  4) If a team didn't have any Got Soccer points, or a coach or a roster it was not counted;

Boys and Girls Teams
                  Brandon 48 (57%)
                  Pasco 13 (15%)
                  Pinellas 23 (27%)

Girls Teams Only
                  Brandon 21 (63%)
                  Pasco 2 (6%)
                  Pinellas 10 (30%)

Not sure how WFF absorbs the loss of 23 teams (that's at least 400 players) - almost a third of all teams at the club. The impact will be even worse on the Girls side as they try to launch DA.
                  Didn't WFF lose the Pasco or GTB teams last year? Not sure how up to date these numbers are. I have a friend whose kid is on a Pinellas team. The player from Pinellas are not many and are filled up with Brandon kids for game day. That side has been dying since year one of the merger. I would bet that the pinellas number are mostly young teams. U9-U12. Most move on to TBU by then if they are even still playing soccer by then. That is the girl side. Not sure about boys. The DA will have less players so in the end I think it will work for both WFF and TBU. 18 kids for two year age group in DA should not be hard to fill. The rest that are ECNL level can try and fill in holes at TBU. I don't see a big shift in top players at either club. If any of them were leaving they would of left by now.

Comment

Didn't WFF lose the Pasco or GTB teams last year? Not sure how up to date these numbers are. I have a friend whose kid is on a Pinellas team. The player from Pinellas are not many and are filled up with Brandon kids for game day. That side has been dying since year one of the merger. I would bet that the pinellas number are mostly young teams. U9-U12. Most move on to TBU by then if they are even still playing soccer by then. That is the girl side. Not sure about boys. The DA will have less players so in the end I think it will work for both WFF and TBU. 18 kids for two year age group in DA should not be hard to fill. The rest that are ECNL level can try and fill in holes at TBU. I don't see a big shift in top players at either club. If any of them were leaving they would of left by now.
                    "Not sure how up to date these numbers are." The numbers are current as of this week for the "active" teams on Got Soccer. "Active" meaning they have a coach, a roster, a win-loss record, results from tournament play, etc. WFF has a ton of "blank" teams listed in each age group with no information listed. The "blank" teams were not included in the numbers above.

Comment

Girls Development Academy promises to be less expensive for players than ECNL

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...less-expe.html

This article was published exactly 1-year ago today. Pretty interesting to read this article and see how much the DA crowd has already back-tracked and contradicted themselves.
                      Yeah right......

“We want to make sure that we’re mindful of the cost impact that is reaching the end-user, both the player and their parents,” said Mooney. “Whether that’s through the cost we cover from an event perspective, whether it’s a reduction in registration fees, whether it’s scholarship program funding, etc. Those are all things we’ll look to contribute to the program to try to help minimize costs."

Comment

For GDA and ECNL be sure to get everything in writing. Don't forget to find out how much the monthly recurring team dues will be. OC is notorious for getting kids to sign up and then after the deadline to transfer they drop the bomb of a humongous monthly team fee that each player must pay. They get paid one way or the other.

Comment

I really hope the Fotopoulo$' evaluate their coaches from this year prior to just continuing to let them continue status quo. Too many unhappy players and parents to let things keep going as they are.
                          If you don't live in the area, have a kid on the team, or can't differentiate or control your emotions regarding your favorite players that you privately train, you should be ousted immediately. The double standards should end.
                          Can OP please explain cuz I was planning on coming to this team , if drama already would like to have heads up , who is the coach going to be if not SS?,

Comment

You are to dumb to get it
                            cough cough..... says the person who can't distinguish between to and too

Comment

Can OP please explain cuz I was planning on coming to this team , if drama already would like to have heads up , who is the coach going to be if not SS?,

JC will be the coach of the 00's
                              SS will be the coach of the 01's
                              LK will be the coach of the 02's
                              AB will be the coach of the 03's
                              04's still up in the air but it looks like JM
                              DB will be the coach of the 05's

Comment

JC will be the coach of the 00's
                                SS will be the coach of the 01's
                                LK will be the coach of the 02's
                                AB will be the coach of the 03's
                                04's still up in the air but it looks like JM
                                DB will be the coach of the 05's

wrong

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X