Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once again

JD runs the Rec. League - Optimist Club in Naples , and Bonita Storm in Bonita Springs and between both programs there is a record number of children playing soccer and not enough soccer fields for the children . Ask Lee County and Collier County too build more soccer fields , not sure how this is JD problem ? What I do know is that it sucks the lack of field space but you know what , we do the best with what we have for the children and the Vineyards opens back up next week and there will be plenty of field space for all . Kid's who want to play soccer will play anywhere and do not care about your or my property taxes! Stay positive it's for the children not the parents . FYI there are clubs in the area besides the Storm .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      JD runs the Rec. League - Optimist Club in Naples , and Bonita Storm in Bonita Springs and between both programs there is a record number of children playing soccer and not enough soccer fields for the children . Ask Lee County and Collier County too build more soccer fields , not sure how this is JD problem ? What I do know is that it sucks the lack of field space but you know what , we do the best with what we have for the children and the Vineyards opens back up next week and there will be plenty of field space for all . Kid's who want to play soccer will play anywhere and do not care about your or my property taxes! Stay positive it's for the children not the parents . FYI there are clubs in the area besides the Storm .

Um. It is a problem when I pay extreme high property taxes and my kid can not play at a field across the street where we live because a club from Lee County is using it. And by the way, your optimist people kick off kids from open fields not being used all the time from Vineyards as if they own them and not Collier County.

Comment

Um. It is a problem when I pay extreme high property taxes and my kid can not play at a field across the street where we live because a club from Lee County is using it. And by the way, your optimist people kick off kids from open fields not being used all the time from Vineyards as if they own them and not Collier County.
        The Naples Optimist page has an Azzurri link, so it looks they are affiliated. So if the Vineyards was closed, maybe the Optimist teams (Collier Club) were practicing at Bonita.

Comment

FYSA is wrong on this one...( within 15 mile rule)

Several years ago JD and naples optimist soccer took over/merged with the Bonita Storm. The FYSA rules state that no club should be within 15 miles of an existing FYSA club. With the promise of big registration numbers from the Naples Optimist program the FYSA bent over and accepted the registration and then allowed the Bonita Azzurri to practice with in the 15 mile distance of an existing club. JD makes no bones with the way he handles himself in regards to the local Florida Fire club that he tries to beat at justify himself against every chance he gets. It is a shame that local soccer clubs can not get along and the members if the Naples optimist Club should be ashamed of the way JD has conducted himself.

Comment

Several years ago JD and naples optimist soccer took over/merged with the Bonita Storm. The FYSA rules state that no club should be within 15 miles of an existing FYSA club. With the promise of big registration numbers from the Naples Optimist program the FYSA bent over and accepted the registration and then allowed the Bonita Azzurri to practice with in the 15 mile distance of an existing club. JD makes no bones with the way he handles himself in regards to the local Florida Fire club that he tries to beat at justify himself against every chance he gets. It is a shame that local soccer clubs can not get along and the members if the Naples optimist Club should be ashamed of the way JD has conducted himself.
            So local boys and girls are chased off those fields so Lee County kids can play there. Let the Lee County teams play where they pay property taxes and let the Collier County kids have the fields to play on that their parents pay taxes for!

Comment

exactly...

now the naples team are getting put out by the lacrosse teams that have claimed dibbs to the Vineyards fields. makes it no fun for anyone.

Comment

So local boys and girls are chased off those fields so Lee County kids can play there. Let the Lee County teams play where they pay property taxes and let the Collier County kids have the fields to play on that their parents pay taxes for!
                Collier kids are playing on fields that their parents pay taxes for. My kids play for Azzurri, and we live in and pay taxes in Collier County.

Comment

Several years ago JD and naples optimist soccer took over/merged with the Bonita Storm. The FYSA rules state that no club should be within 15 miles of an existing FYSA club. With the promise of big registration numbers from the Naples Optimist program the FYSA bent over and accepted the registration and then allowed the Bonita Azzurri to practice with in the 15 mile distance of an existing club.

The rules state that no *NEW* club should created be within 15 miles of an existing club. It says nothing about existing clubs utilizing fields within that 15 mile radius. Bonita Storm has been around for a long time, and their home field is 5.66 miles from North Collier Regional Park.

The rule also allows clubs to train within 15 miles of their home field. Vineyards is 8.4 miles from Azzurris's home field.

FYSA got it right. Bunch of whining down there in Naples

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X