Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with John Dina

Has anyone had any problems with John Dina? Or am I the only one that has to deal with this bonehead.

Concerned Parent

Comment

It is his club. He made it happen. If you don't like it talk to him but remember your place and be respectful.

Comment

Done with Dina

Yes, we have the same experience. We have been promised the world and after a season of father coaches that mean well, but are beyond their U11 skill capacity. It is funny, he thinks he built the Optimist as well, that was thriving way before he was around. Many parents are annoyed with this. The past few weeks the teams have been practicing on fields in Bonita that are overloaded!!! 3 and 4 teams per full field? Lee county parks must know this is a liability. Someone is derelict in their duties. Please spread the word and get rid of the joker. My kid is not the greatest, but deserve better than this.

Comment

interesting

Nice thread, I did not know this. Time for a personal sport for my boy.... People so crazy

Comment

wow...

no fun

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              It is his club. He made it happen. If you don't like it talk to him but remember your place and be respectful.
              Ok, my kid used to play there. I thought I had a good relationship with John. That was until I tried to speak to him about some of my concerns with the progress/development of my kid. He was arrogant, defensive, and disrespectful. Others in this thread are right - if you don't like it, leave. Much of the team left and that is why the team for that age group vanished the following season. If you're a mom, good luck talking to him, and "know your place" with him...

Comment

Has anyone had any problems with John Dina? Or am I the only one that has to deal with this bonehead.

Concerned Parent
                Good luck. He is a good salesman. He isn't very approachable. He has a very adversarial relationship with the parents. It's crazy. And yes, I have been around competitive soccer for years, with various clubs and coaches. The way he handles himself is not the norm.

Comment

Concerned Parent
                  Lol, a lot of people have had problems with him. I'm curious about what kind of problem you're having with him.

Comment

How much money is he taking?

Comment

How much money is he taking?
                      Taking? First i've heard of that. What do you mean?

Comment

do your homework

John and Shaun are doing their best to turn around BYS , the previous women were unethical . Yes John can be tough to deal with but the man has a ton on his plate to deal with . My child plays for the Storm and it has been a great experience . The team has developed tremendously , placed well in tournament's and is on pace to win their division for the spring. John does nothing but support us to the best he can . It's been a great experience and we look forward to watching the team grow and improve . I am sure all clubs have their issues , even the beloved Florida Fire Juniors have issues . Remember parents soccer is for the children so find a club that works best for your child and be positive .

Comment

John and Shaun are doing their best to turn around BYS , the previous women were unethical . Yes John can be tough to deal with but the man has a ton on his plate to deal with . My child plays for the Storm and it has been a great experience . The team has developed tremendously , placed well in tournament's and is on pace to win their division for the spring. John does nothing but support us to the best he can . It's been a great experience and we look forward to watching the team grow and improve . I am sure all clubs have their issues , even the beloved Florida Fire Juniors have issues . Remember parents soccer is for the children so find a club that works best for your child and be positive .
                          The Florida Fire just may be in the process of taking over the Bonita Storm. It may be possible that the FYSA will be granting the club rights of the Storm to the Fire due to the Storm may not be following the guidelines of zone and mileage limits as stated in the by laws and guidelines.

Comment

The Florida Fire just may be in the process of taking over the Bonita Storm. It may be possible that the FYSA will be granting the club rights of the Storm to the Fire due to the Storm may not be following the guidelines of zone and mileage limits as stated in the by laws and guidelines.
                            Heard talk about a merger. Also heard talk of one club being stripped and its fields being taken over by another club. Question is if and when will FYSA make a decision.

Comment

Heard talk about a merger. Also heard talk of one club being stripped and its fields being taken over by another club. Question is if and when will FYSA make a decision.
                              Interesting. John will flip out if he loses BYS, lol.

Comment

The problem is Florida Fire is on drugs that is why they cannot get their club right.
                                We were with Florida Fire for 3 years and now we are with the Storm for 2 years and we have had our best soccer experience with the Storm.
                                When we were with Florida Fire we were on multiple fields. one week here and one week there. we traveled 30-40 minutes between fields. if anyone is getting in trouble with FYSA it is the Fire for breaking the 15 mile rules.

The Storm may not be for the whinny players & parents but it is definitely for the players that want to play soccer, enjoy the game and get better. At least the parents here don't get ejected of the fields and get into fights like the Florida Fire did.

It must be the desperation of the administration at Florida Fire loosing players to the Storm and GPS.
                                Just as the other poster Stated, go play for the club you enjoy, no one is forcing you to play for the storm.
                                At least, everyone gets along here, No big egos.

LOLOLOL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X