Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    My guess on the investment is that Lifetime wants to tap into their core consumer, i.e. women.

No details of the value have been reported that I could find. Not sure what the value of a 25% stake in a money losing league is worth?

Portland draws well. It is a soccer mad area and the NWSL team and the MLS team share an owner, and a stadium.

Said owner is a the son of Henry Paulson, former Secy of the Treasury and ex Goldman Sachs. Pretty clearly a rich kid and his toy.

Outside of Portland, most stadiums dont even seat more than 5,000. A lot of these tickets are promotional, low cost tickets just to get people in the door.
    It doesn't say what was invested, but the person who posted this must know. It's funny/crazy how TS gets used. Like Twitter for the President.

Comment

WBY were the Chsmps and are moving to NC because they were doing so well. There is zero chance any of these teams can be making money. It's a matter of which is losing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My guess on the investment is that Lifetime wants to tap into their core consumer, i.e. women.

No details of the value have been reported that I could find. Not sure what the value of a 25% stake in a money losing league is worth?

Portland draws well. It is a soccer mad area and the NWSL team and the MLS team share an owner, and a stadium.

Said owner is a the son of Henry Paulson, former Secy of the Treasury and ex Goldman Sachs. Pretty clearly a rich kid and his toy.

Outside of Portland, most stadiums dont even seat more than 5,000. A lot of these tickets are promotional, low cost tickets just to get people in the door.
        They're reaching on the assumption that because the channel skews majority female that women will want to watch women's soccer. Take a look at the Lifetime show lists - it's all awful reality shows and garbage movies. These don't strike me as "sporty" viewers. Now if they had done a reality show about women in sports, especially players being bitc*y to each other? They would watch that

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          It doesn't say what was invested, but the person who posted this must know. It's funny/crazy how TS gets used. Like Twitter for the President.
          Here you go: "multi million dollar deal"
          http://www.excellesports.com/news/li...aditional-fit/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X