• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWest should be in D2

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      more like 11-3 with another potential POY on the squad this season
      An incoming freshman or an existing player? Good goal keeper, but they lost a top scorer.

Comment

An incoming freshman or an existing player? Good goal keeper, but they lost a top scorer.
        they lost a top scorer two years ago and still made the quarter final playoffs last year.

Comment

they lost a top scorer two years ago and still made the quarter final playoffs last year.
          EWG coach knew where to make adjustments when needed. Their leading offensive player was moved from the front line/midfield to defense to help the team. Pays to have versatile players.

Comment

Well given 12 teams make the playoffs..and they only beat a 4 win Bayview team in OT in the opening round before getting soundly beat by portsmouth.. And Bayview had a chance to win it..that is not saying much when the year before with the POY they made it to semis and gave undefeated lasalle all it could handle in one goal loss

They will be interesting..props to a small school that doesn't have a great town program but it is hard for a smaller school to have sustained high level..expect EG to drop this year

RIIL should really fix the inequity that 4 teams have 16 league games and 10 have 17 games..it would not be the end of the world to have 13 league games and let the schools have either open or more non league or rivalry games...

Comment

Smithfield

Who is playing keeper for Lasalle because that is an issue they have not had to deal with for four years and replacing AF is no small task. Their incoming seniors are well known thru Bayside and not to be confused with the level of last year seniors. Still a lot of strong players but certainly not a lock to win anything.

MKM is gone, I would drop Portsmouth down.

Mt. Hope seems high at #3, don't recall being that impressed with anyone on that crew last year. Smithfield definitely seems high. I would think bottom five easily.

What has happened to women's soccer in Lincoln. Last seems appropriate.

Cumberland is returning virtually their entire starting line up from last year. They have easily the best pair of forwards in RIIL. Very strong in the middle. Backs are good, not great. The issue with this group is keeper. I think this is the State Champ this fall.
              Smithfield finished strong overall this past year, could definitely be in it to win it this year.

Comment

Portsmouth
                LaSalle
                Mt. Hope
                Cumberland
                Smithfield
                Bay View
                East Greenwich
                EWG
                South Kingstown
                Prout
                North Kingstown
                Cranston West
                Barrington
                Lincoln

A few changes and of course I know I am way off by every ones future comments.

Cumberland lot of talent returning ?coaching
                Smithfield many returning players coach losing control of team
                Lasalle biggest concern goalkepping
                Mt. Hope has potential for this spot, ?team chemistry
                East Greenwich lost a lot of players but it is EG.
                EWG going on a limb here. New talent needed. New HC but was their Asst Coach.
                Bay View Coach needs to get team play together
                South Kingstown Needs to turn things around
                Prout Coaching will always be issue with same coach
                North Kingstown As long as team rallies together could go higher
                Portsmouth Lost talent and very poor coaching
                Barrington Fell off the radar couple of years ago. Needs more talent.
                Cranston West Talent needed.
                Lincoln Way over their head can't get to d2 soon enough.

So you have my thoughts, yes even I could tweak it but I think top third, middle third and bottom third teams will finish there maybe different order within their third.

Comment

Let's revisit this in October, don't count out Mt. Hope, their forward is as good as Cumberland's all-state sophomore, both girls will be juniors and fighting for top scorer spot. Mt. Hope biggest weakness will be in midfield so expect to see long balls served up to top but if the forward can run on them she will be a force to reckon with.
                  have you seen any of there pratices.they need a forward.

Comment

So you have my thoughts, yes even I could tweak it but I think top third, middle third and bottom third teams will finish there maybe different order within their third.
                    Not a bad aggregate summary..I think when you say "it is EG" it is not like saying "LaSalle". EG has not had the pipeline like in the past so I could see them slipping more, especially when offense was a problem even with talent last year.

LSA has a big concern with goal scoring..yes, GK an issue, but solid defense returns..their issue will be losing the 1-0 or 2-1 games they won last year due to lack of consistent scoring.

The geographic schedule might bunch the southern teams in the middle..not sure why RIIL doesn't follow the boy's system..so what if there is only 14 teams..might have better soccer if you shortened the season

Comment

Any promising talent in summer cup?

Comment

What is summer cup

Comment

What is summer cup
                          Some schools are playing this summer in the Ocean State
                          Summer Cup. There is a boys division and two girl's divisions.

Comment

Here's your mid-summer SAT morning spark...the 2015 D1 title game / result we'd like to see...

Final = Cumberland v Portsmouth, 3-2

Semi Finals = Cumberland v La Salle, 2-1 and Portsmouth v EWG, 4-1

...any takers?

Comment

Here's your mid-summer SAT morning spark...the 2015 D1 title game / result we'd like to see...

Final = Cumberland v Portsmouth, 3-2

Semi Finals = Cumberland v La Salle, 2-1 and Portsmouth v EWG, 4-1

...any takers?
                              wrong mt hope will be there

Comment

wrong mt hope will be there
                                Wrong. Nobody is going to touch Lasalle. Tons of Bayside girls pulled from Mass and RI.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X