Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would take the U14-U18's from Sunrise or JFC/PV over WFF any day. Too bad we'll never see it. ECNL teams never accept friendlies...especially from a non-ECNL team. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain.
    you'd think they would want to gain some respect! FL Cup games are coming up... might be interesting

Comment

I guess you can try to make this argument. Nothing against RB as he was a solid coach. The current U15 team which was "his" team for 3 years was 3 wins 8 losses and 5 ties in ECNL in its first year with RB as the coach. This year they improved to 6-6-2 without him as the coach. I call that improvement by subtraction. Our best team in the first year was last years U17s which RB had nothing to do with. Our record this year is better even tho RB totally messed up the U16s by taking 26 kids on that roster. Despite the U16s having a difficult year as well as our current U18s having a worse year our club actually improved. And you want to give RB credit for this? Really? My guess is that our club will improve again next year and will continue to do well. There are a lot of self serving fools that come on here and try to stir the pot. Ex-coaches that lost jobs, coaches that want jobs, and cut kids whose parents dont want to see the club be a success. Success is measured on the field and in the college recruiting. WFF is doing quite well in ECNL. In the younger age groups our U11 and U12 teams won region C Cup. Given that the younger teams do not attract players from the same distance as the ECNL teams do dont you think that they have been adequately trained if nobody else in the Region can take them down? The problem is you are not interested in facts just troll like behavior.

RB gets credit because he left you with the teams you have now. He recruited those players and brought ECNL to WFF. You fail to answer what will the staff look like to entice a top TBU player to WFF.

Comment

I would take the U14-U18's from Sunrise or JFC/PV over WFF any day. Too bad we'll never see it. ECNL teams never accept friendlies...especially from a non-ECNL team. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain.
        Exactly. It's a lot easier to come on here and claim to be the best in the state because they are in ECNL but never actually play the other teams around the state. That's why they have no credibility.

Comment

WFF would accept friendlies if they were all 5 age groups. Many clubs call and want to bring their one best team to compete. Heck it is possible that Sunrise or Jax might on a given day win a majority of 5 games at the top age groups. Last year FKK was 3 wins and 7 losses to WFF in those age groups. The point is you can pick just 2 other clubs in the entire state that are "comparable" that actually have a chance at winning 3 out of the 5 games. Not saying they would but they do have a chance. That in and of itself is more proof that WFF belongs in ECNL given your list is so very short and its questionable whether they would even beat WFF in a 5 game series.

Comment

Exactly. It's a lot easier to come on here and claim to be the best in the state because they are in ECNL but never actually play the other teams around the state. That's why they have no credibility.
            what are you talking about? Our U17s last year went thru Florida teams in SC like a hot knife thru butter. They won State Cup and did not concede a single goal. What planet are you living on?

Comment

WFF would accept friendlies if they were all 5 age groups. Many clubs call and want to bring their one best team to compete. Heck it is possible that Sunrise or Jax might on a given day win a majority of 5 games at the top age groups. Last year FKK was 3 wins and 7 losses to WFF in those age groups. The point is you can pick just 2 other clubs in the entire state that are "comparable" that actually have a chance at winning 3 out of the 5 games. Not saying they would but they do have a chance. That in and of itself is more proof that WFF belongs in ECNL given your list is so very short and its questionable whether they would even beat WFF in a 5 game series.
              Why would you only accept friendlies if it is a five team/age match up? That sounds to be much more about club pride than player development. Go ahead and protect your club reputation and hide from quality competition. That just sounds silly.

Comment

RB gets credit because he left you with the teams you have now. He recruited those players and brought ECNL to WFF. You fail to answer what will the staff look like to entice a top TBU player to WFF.
                RB gets credit for putting together a winning apllication for ECNL. RB caused some problems noted above. The thing about "top" TBU players is this. We are proving that without them we are successful. We will continue to be. You can either come join us and we will be better together or we will continue to do it without you.

Comment

Why would you only accept friendlies if it is a five team/age match up? That sounds to be much more about club pride than player development. Go ahead and protect your club reputation and hide from quality competition. That just sounds silly.
                  The reason why is because we dont want morons coming on here claiming they are better then our club when they may only have 1 team that is better. If you are a better club then us then come play us in some friendlies and prove it. ECNL is a club based league. Clubs are judged based on the overall success of the club from U14-U18. If a club wants to claim they are better then prove it by winning 3 of 5 in the top 5 age groups.

Comment

well you don't say with respect to anything in particular, so I'll give it to you that you have loads of kids playing there. problem is that great talent is seriously lacking across the board. that club is no different than any other smaller club: you have some really good teams in some age groups but middle of the road in most others. just because you can put up the numbers and saturate the USA and CDL leagues, doesn't mean you deserve ECNL. and your 2nd teams playing in the NPL give it a bad rap. Do you have any teams that play in the R3PL or FSPL?
                    I am not from WFF but may be starting next season because of ECNL. I think what the poster is saying is from the options of level of play, the club has more to offer than any other club in Florida. And I am only speaking for the girls side. Other than OCYS, what clubs can offer the varius levels of play (USA-Premier-D2-D3, CDL, FPL, ECNL). If I had the option to play R3PL or ECNL I would select ECNL. If I had the option to play FPL or FSPL I would select FPL. And yes my daughter has played both FSPL and FPL in the same seasonal year and FPL overall was a higher level of play. In the case of R3PL, clubs that participate in ECNL have their B team play R3PL. Concorde Fire is an example.

I am not saying that WFF has the best trainers or even the best coaches because they do not. That needs to be addressed by the club along with roster sizes. Also, I am not saying WFF has the best players because of ECNL. It does not. But it more than likely will in the future. As with any club, management of the club is never perfect and you will never please all the people all the time. But as far as the club being best equipped to cater to multiple levels of players, there is none better than WFF.

Comment

The reason why is because we dont want morons coming on here claiming they are better then our club when they may only have 1 team that is better. If you are a better club then us then come play us in some friendlies and prove it. ECNL is a club based league. Clubs are judged based on the overall success of the club from U14-U18. If a club wants to claim they are better then prove it by winning 3 of 5 in the top 5 age groups.
                      As I recall FKK had games scheduled for all age groups. WFF cancelled. Would never reschedule. Not saying that FKK is better, but they were prepared and WFF backed out.

Comment

I am not from WFF but may be starting next season because of ECNL. I think what the poster is saying is from the options of level of play, the club has more to offer than any other club in Florida. And I am only speaking for the girls side. Other than OCYS, what clubs can offer the varius levels of play (USA-Premier-D2-D3, CDL, FPL, ECNL). If I had the option to play R3PL or ECNL I would select ECNL. If I had the option to play FPL or FSPL I would select FPL. And yes my daughter has played both FSPL and FPL in the same seasonal year and FPL overall was a higher level of play. In the case of R3PL, clubs that participate in ECNL have their B team play R3PL. Concorde Fire is an example.

I am not saying that WFF has the best trainers or even the best coaches because they do not. That needs to be addressed by the club along with roster sizes. Also, I am not saying WFF has the best players because of ECNL. It does not. But it more than likely will in the future. As with any club, management of the club is never perfect and you will never please all the people all the time. But as far as the club being best equipped to cater to multiple levels of players, there is none better than WFF.
                        it wasn't what you'd choose, its whether you actually have teams playing in R3PL or FSPL, those you earn your way in.. that is the problem with ECNL... and you can claim the teams are some of the best, and a couple are nearly that... but the rest, no better than any 10, 20 in the state. you didn't earn the ECNL, the club size got it for you. and staying near the bottom won't garner you the respect you are aching for.

Comment

RB gets credit for putting together a winning apllication for ECNL. RB caused some problems noted above. The thing about "top" TBU players is this. We are proving that without them we are successful. We will continue to be. You can either come join us and we will be better together or we will continue to do it without you.
                          RB still put those teams together. Your current 17's were not good and he recruited well for them. He also recruited talented Discovery players for the 15's. However, you still don't answer the question; what is your staff looking like for next season. Telling me to join you when you offer nothing but it's the ECNL that's why! is not sufficient took make that decision.

Comment

Please, since you know so much about qualifying coaches, inform us what coaches need to be addressed?

Comment

As I recall FKK had games scheduled for all age groups. WFF cancelled. Would never reschedule. Not saying that FKK is better, but they were prepared and WFF backed out.
                              This is not true. FKK wanted to play U14 and U16 from what I heard. We would be happy to play FKK and if they beat us then good for them. I personally would not be embarrassed to lose a 5 game set to a great club. Nothing embarrassing about losing to good teams or a good club

Comment

it wasn't what you'd choose, its whether you actually have teams playing in R3PL or FSPL, those you earn your way in.. that is the problem with ECNL... and you can claim the teams are some of the best, and a couple are nearly that... but the rest, no better than any 10, 20 in the state. you didn't earn the ECNL, the club size got it for you. and staying near the bottom won't garner you the respect you are aching for.
                                What are you talking about? ECNL is a CLUB based league that you earn your way into and it can be lost for poor performance. This year there are 2 clubs that are losing ECNL and 5 on probation. ECNL is awarded based on many things not just club size. In fact, club size is not even a huge factor. It was awarded to WFF because they were the best equipped club to compete at all age groups. Remember this club based league with competitive games with increased speed of play. R3PL you earn your way into but it has been watered down a bit because the best teams are not represented there like used to be the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X