•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brackets Posted

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=16

Comment

Predictions of the 2 round of groups stage?

Comment

My prediction is either Sunrise, Plantation, Rangers or maybe Miramar are going to win and the rest of the teams are kidding themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I have family in Florida so I come down and see a lot of soccer. Also have recruiting trips to Orlando at least 1 time per year for about 10 years, or so. Well look up the Clemson recruits for next year. 7 are not from DA teams.

Point is you do not have to be DA to get recruited. You have to be able to play. US Soccer and the entire college community is very aware of what is going on with the DA programs across the country. They realize players are not being developed, they are being recruited and sold for marketing purposes. It is the coaches in the younger age groups that have the most impact.

We have to look everywhere, out of the country, at high schools, Jose was found at a playground in South Florida. The best players are not at the DA right now. They are all over the place.

We will have some players from the DA but we will also have players from other places, that is the point little man.
          Not sure what your infatuation is with "little man" but whatever. Lets be honest: Clemson has 7 commits this year, of those 3 are DA and 3 are from Montverde (not another clubland an anomaly as a HS - more like an IMG). That leaves one from a "normal club". South Carolina has 3 commits and all are DA, Furman has 8 commits and 5 are DA, even Wintrhop has 3 commits and 2 are DA. Sounds like a majority to me.

Now lets move to FL. UCF has 4 and 3 are DA, USF has 5 and 4 are DA. FIU is 2 of 2. FGCU is 1 of 1. This is what you will find in most D1 schools, but especially the better programs.

I am not saying the DA is the only way, but it does have the better players because it gives them more exposure.

Comment

Predictions of the 2 round of groups stage?
            Bracket M
            Sunrise
            Bracket N
            Kendall
            Bracket O
            Rangers (but don't count out Sunrise Premiere)
            Bracket P
            Rush
            Bracket Q
            Pinecrest
            Bracket R
            Jacksonville
            Bracket S
            Miramar
            Bracket T
            Cape Coral

Comment

My son is going through the recruiting process right now. Being looked at by some D1s and best of the D3s.

He is not in DA because he wanted to play high school and he wanted to stay with his club team and coach.

He is going to camps and coaches have been to several of his tournaments.

They ask him very little about soccer and a lot about academics.

He has had to work hard to get the coaches' attention, but now he has it. Maybe the academies might make that easier, I don't know.

I think he will be playing college without DA on his resume.

Comment

Sunrise, Rangers, Miramar, and Plantation are the teams to beat

Comment

Bracket M
                  Sunrise
                  Bracket N
                  Kendall
                  Bracket O
                  Rangers (but don't count out Sunrise Premiere)
                  Bracket P
                  Rush
                  Bracket Q
                  Pinecrest
                  Bracket R
                  Jacksonville
                  Bracket S
                  Miramar
                  Bracket T
                  Cape Coral
                  Sunrise Premier couldnt even win their group in the first round. Count them out.

Comment

There will not be any really competitive games until the round of 16. Rangers my pick to win it.

- Brevard Parent

Comment

Sunrise Premier couldnt even win their group in the first round. Count them out.
                      I heard they played well and don't have any guest players. Can Rangers say the same thing?

Comment

I heard they played well and don't have any guest players. Can Rangers say the same thing?
                        Sunrise's first team was 1 of 8 teams that had a bye and didn't play this weekend. I've never heard of the Rangers using guest players so safe bet they won't have any for State Cup.

Comment

Sunrise's first team was 1 of 8 teams that had a bye and didn't play this weekend. I've never heard of the Rangers using guest players so safe bet they won't have any for State Cup.
                          Sunrise Elite had a bye. He is referring to Sunrise Premier (the B team) who did play in the first round.

Comment

You are an angry little man. I am at a big college out of the state of Florida and yes we recruit DA kids. You are a very unprofessional little person with no knowledge of how all of this works, how coaches are hired and how they are fired or what we are looking for at the next level. It is our job to find the best players and they are not only at the DA. You must have a very small mind if you think that as the DA doors open the best flock. All kids on the DA do not sign with D1 schools. In fact a great deal of them sign with 2 year programs. DA does not equal grades. You may want to slow down. Yes some of the very best players in this county do indeed still play high school. Just because the DAs in Florida do not allow it does not make it right. One of the schools in my area, Clemson, just signed a kid from Orlando and Orlando has a DA program he is not part of it. OMG they also signed a DA kid from Orlando. So you can go D1 without having to play DA. Wow
                            The kid that signed with Clemson - his dad was an alumni of Clemson soccer.

Comment

Yes I think so. They have 22 on their roster

Comment

Yes I think so. They have 22 on their roster
                                San Carlos will take Rangers

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X