Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bottom of the barrel clubs are in the USA League: Largo, GTBFC, Wesley Chapel, Celtic, Pinellas County, etc. If your in Pinellas County, don't take your kid to any of these clubs, they will not receive good training. Instead, take them to the Chargers, Strictly, WFF or TBU, these clubs all have access to better leagues than the USA League.
    How dare you forget Braden River. That's the king of the bottom of the barrel clubs.

Comment

Bottom of the barrel clubs are in the USA League: Largo, GTBFC, Wesley Chapel, Celtic, Pinellas County, etc. If your in Pinellas County, don't take your kid to any of these clubs, they will not receive good training. Instead, take them to the Chargers, Strictly, WFF or TBU, these clubs all have access to better leagues than the USA League.
      We are in Hillsborough County. My kid wants to play in college. Do college coaches ever scout USA league games, Region Cups? Or do we need to make a move to a club that has multiple leagues and more than 1 team per age group? I'm guessing that come tryout season, we should make the rounds of local clubs and see if there is any movement.

Comment

How dare you forget Braden River. That's the king of the bottom of the barrel clubs.
        Does Braden River use daddy coaches like Celtic?

Comment

We are in Hillsborough County. My kid wants to play in college. Do college coaches ever scout USA league games, Region Cups? Or do we need to make a move to a club that has multiple leagues and more than 1 team per age group? I'm guessing that come tryout season, we should make the rounds of local clubs and see if there is any movement.
          I wouldn't say never, but rarely would a college scout waste their time on USA League level soccer, it is too watered down with alot of bad teams. In most cases, if a kid had college level talent they would of moved onto a team at WFF, TBU, Chargers, they would not still be in the USA League. You need to take your child to a tryout at one of the clubs above, see if their talented enough to make the team. You can always go back to a club that is a USA League club, they rarely cut players, so they always will take new players. Summing it up, it is highly doubtful that any kids in the USA League are being recruited by colleges.

Comment

Can someone give me a rundown of all these different leagues? Why so many? What is the difference? Which league is better for what type of player? This was our first year in competitive soccer and I am still SO confused.

Thanks!
            What age group are you referring to in the post above? That makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
              what age group are you referring to in the post above? That makes all the difference in the world.
              u13/u14g

Comment

Wrong wrong wrong, Strictly? Tell me just 3 age groups that they are good. CDL and NPL are not good because it is club based and they do not have relegation, so you can have some good teams and some 3rd division teams in the same group. USA is the same as far as depth but at least you have a relegation system. Bottom line way to many leagues, which makes them all weak and watered down
                agreed on all points

Comment

Fspl

I think FSPL is a little ahead of NPL as far as competition

Comment

League ranks for u 14

ECNL
                    R3PLE
                    FSPL
                    NPL
                    CDL
                    USA

Only half of FSPL and NPL is any good

Comment

League ranks for u 14

ECNL
                      R3PLE
                      FSPL
                      NPL
                      CDL
                      USA

Only half of FSPL and NPL is any good
                      wrong

ENCL
                      FSPL
                      R3PLE
                      USA,NPL, CDL (tie)

You have to be a final 16 team in state cup to qualify for FSPL, the only league where you have to earn the spot. No politics, no club pressure, it's all on you

Comment

Wrong wrong wrong, Strictly? Tell me just 3 age groups that they are good. CDL and NPL are not good because it is club based and they do not have relegation, so you can have some good teams and some 3rd division teams in the same group. USA is the same as far as depth but at least you have a relegation system. Bottom line way to many leagues, which makes them all weak and watered down
                        Depending on age group/gender many teams that qualify for FSPL choose FPL over that due to club commitments. Then they replace them with other lower ranked teams.

Comment

I wouldn't say never, but rarely would a college scout waste their time on USA League level soccer, it is too watered down with alot of bad teams. In most cases, if a kid had college level talent they would of moved onto a team at WFF, TBU, Chargers, they would not still be in the USA League. You need to take your child to a tryout at one of the clubs above, see if their talented enough to make the team. You can always go back to a club that is a USA League club, they rarely cut players, so they always will take new players. Summing it up, it is highly doubtful that any kids in the USA League are being recruited by colleges.
                          wrong about the college thing for USA kids, thats not how it works, but you have no clue so thats why you post

Comment

wrong

ENCL
                            FSPL
                            R3PLE
                            USA,NPL, CDL (tie)

You have to be a final 16 team in state cup to qualify for FSPL, the only league where you have to earn the spot. No politics, no club pressure, it's all on you
                            LOL, you must either have kids that play in the USA League, or your club is stuck in the USA League, but no way they are not the worst league. Tell me how has the USA League teams done at State Cup? LOL, they have been taken apart. The only way your post is factual is if your talking about U12 and under.

Comment

If your kid is that good then take him/her to TBU if you live in Tampa. You would be wasting your kids time with a USA League club, and you would be wasting your money. The only people that are going to tell you that college's scout the USA League are people associated with clubs that are stuck in the USA League, or parents of kids that play in the USA League. Don't believe me, pull up this years standings for the USA League, click on each team, once you get to their homepage, see just how many kids have been recruited from their club. Now do the same for WFF, Chargers, TBU and Strictly, and look how many of their kids have got recruited to play in college.

Comment

Depending on age group/gender many teams that qualify for FSPL choose FPL over that due to club commitments. Then they replace them with other lower ranked teams.
                                calling BS on this one. FSPL does not take lower ranked teams if qualifying teams elect not to play in league. Please share your proof of this.

FSPL is by far one of the best leagues that is set up in FL. Have to qualify to play, not simply belong to a club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X