X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://brevardsoccer.org/brevard-soccer.php

Oliver Twelvetrees and Craig Calhoun are the DOC's....
    Really Craig, I thought they are trying to create something different in Brevard.

Comment

Really Craig, I thought they are trying to create something different in Brevard.
      at least they didn't pick edie

Comment

This club is DOA. Just a bunch of longtime haters.

Comment

This club is DOA. Just a bunch of longtime haters.
          I guess we will see come tryouts.

Comment

I guess we will see come tryouts.
            The teams that have been successful will most likely stay together so good luck forming any State Cup teams that can actually compete at a high level. We are staying put at Space Coast since the other option is to go to a team knocked out in the 1st round while we are still playing!

Comment

The teams that have been successful will most likely stay together so good luck forming any State Cup teams that can actually compete at a high level. We are staying put at Space Coast since the other option is to go to a team knocked out in the 1st round while we are still playing!
              The problem shall continue... The Brevard area will never win another State Cup until consolidation of the best kids comes togethe. This has cost the last 5 groups of kids that have came through the system the cherished memory of winning a state cup. Brevard area has the most talent in the state, yet it is all spread out. I applaud the recent merger and consolidation of clubs, but until all are consolidated into one club, no State Cups will come back to Brevard.

Comment

The problem shall continue... The Brevard area will never win another State Cup until consolidation of the best kids comes togethe. This has cost the last 5 groups of kids that have came through the system the cherished memory of winning a state cup. Brevard area has the most talent in the state, yet it is all spread out. I applaud the recent merger and consolidation of clubs, but until all are consolidated into one club, no State Cups will come back to Brevard.
                Not true! The talent is spread out, I agree. The club doesn't matter. Until someone gets serious about providing quality coaching, there will be no more state cup titles. Too many coaches that are sub par holding themselves out to be something they are not is the problem. Also, boards made up of parents who are not soccer professionals making soccer decisions is the biggest problem. Until you get coaches that truly care about the game and invests themselves in the players rather than exploiting them so they don't have to get a real job and a board that will not interfere and micro manage, there will be no more state cup titles in Brevard. The club system in Brevard is broken. Merely changing the name and running it the same old way changes nothing! BSA - more kids = more$$

Comment

Not true! The talent is spread out, I agree. The club doesn't matter. Until someone gets serious about providing quality coaching, there will be no more state cup titles. Too many coaches that are sub par holding themselves out to be something they are not is the problem. Also, boards made up of parents who are not soccer professionals making soccer decisions is the biggest problem. Until you get coaches that truly care about the game and invests themselves in the players rather than exploiting them so they don't have to get a real job and a board that will not interfere and micro manage, there will be no more state cup titles in Brevard. The club system in Brevard is broken. Merely changing the name and running it the same old way changes nothing! BSA - more kids = more$$
                  Well I think there are only a couple kids that could get on our roster that reside in Brevard so they should come to Space Coast next season. We have the best coach in the area too.

Comment

Well I think there are only a couple kids that could get on our roster that reside in Brevard so they should come to Space Coast next season. We have the best coach in the area too.
                    What age group?

Comment

What age group?
                      You could bring the US National coach to Space Coast and he would be unsuccessful with the parent board that runs the club. SCU is the poster child of dysfunctional soccer clubs.

Comment

You could bring the US National coach to Space Coast and he would be unsuccessful with the parent board that runs the club. SCU is the poster child of dysfunctional soccer clubs.
                        Not sure why you are so negative but SCU is a great club to play for. Our team has progressed very well over the past few years. It is people like you that hold back teams from succeeding.

Comment

Unless you are playing U18 next year there is no reason to go to spacecoast. Next year the best teams in each age group will be

U18 Space coast
                          U17 Central brevard
                          U16 Melbourne United
                          U15 Central Brevard
                          U14 Melbourne united
                          U13 ???

I would say that U18 SCU is already an all county team so the best talent is already there. U17 CBS could use a bunch of the melbourne kids and maybe a few space coast kids to form an all county team. Likewise U16 Melbourne could use a few kids from CBS, SCU and even palm bay to make an all county team. U15 CBS could use a few MU kids (who have played with them in the past) and on and on. The poster who said brevard will not win a state cup until consolidation is entirely correct, and the four teams above would be very competitive state wide if there were a few additions.

Unfortunately that will not happen under BSA. The coaching is not there (with the exception of OT). Now add PD from MU, and SC or JC from CBS and SA or SP from SCU and then I think you would have a good staff. But all of their egos will never allow that.

By the way, I am only talking boys. For girls, go to SCU unless you are U18 or U15 next year, then do MU and CBS respectively.

Comment

Unless you are playing U18 next year there is no reason to go to spacecoast. Next year the best teams in each age group will be

U18 Space coast
                            U17 Central brevard
                            U16 Melbourne United
                            U15 Central Brevard
                            U14 Melbourne united
                            U13 ???

I would say that U18 SCU is already an all county team so the best talent is already there. U17 CBS could use a bunch of the melbourne kids and maybe a few space coast kids to form an all county team. Likewise U16 Melbourne could use a few kids from CBS, SCU and even palm bay to make an all county team. U15 CBS could use a few MU kids (who have played with them in the past) and on and on. The poster who said brevard will not win a state cup until consolidation is entirely correct, and the four teams above would be very competitive state wide if there were a few additions.

Unfortunately that will not happen under BSA. The coaching is not there (with the exception of OT). Now add PD from MU, and SC or JC from CBS and SA or SP from SCU and then I think you would have a good staff. But all of their egos will never allow that.

By the way, I am only talking boys. For girls, go to SCU unless you are U18 or U15 next year, then do MU and CBS respectively.
                            I agree with you on the U18 boys at SCU. I don't know about the other age groups.

Comment

I agree with you on the U18 boys at SCU. I don't know about the other age groups.
                              True with the upcoming U16s too. Seems like each of those teams has some good players that would make for a pretty good team with a good coach. OT maybe?

Comment

So

True with the upcoming U16s too. Seems like each of those teams has some good players that would make for a pretty good team with a good coach. OT maybe?
                                So to be clear if you are a girl and you're not 14 then go to SCU? Thanks for the advertisement.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X