Dunedin Soccer Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunedin has been mismanaged for the past 7 years, first you had the gay brother and gay sister running the show, it was a mess. Then you had a bunch of incompetent people (Mike Haber and Amy Elliot) take over and they were solely in the administration to further their own kids benefits. I have kids that are over 10 years apart, so I have seen the best and worst of Dunedin soccer. First of all, the club needs to decide are we a rec club or are we going to pursue having good competitive teams. Let me ask you, if your kid plays rec, have you ever been approached about playing competitive? In 99% of the cases they have not, since Don Tobin never goes out of his way. What I am curious about has by my account 8 completive teams out of a possible 20 teams so Haber has failed! The club has really talented teams at U12 girls, U14 boys and U15 girls, with a few players these teams could b awesome, but is the club even trying to bring kids to tryouts to take these teams to a higher level? I know under Haber, he was solely focused on the U12 team and the U 9 team, but I heard most of the U9 team is going to Clearwater.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Dunedin has been mismanaged for the past 7 years, first you had the gay brother and gay sister running the show, it was a mess. Then you had a bunch of incompetent people (Mike Haber and Amy Elliot) take over and they were solely in the administration to further their own kids benefits. I have kids that are over 10 years apart, so I have seen the best and worst of Dunedin soccer. First of all, the club needs to decide are we a rec club or are we going to pursue having good competitive teams. Let me ask you, if your kid plays rec, have you ever been approached about playing competitive? In 99% of the cases they have not, since Don Tobin never goes out of his way. What I am curious about has by my account 8 completive teams out of a possible 20 teams so Haber has failed! The club has really talented teams at U12 girls, U14 boys and U15 girls, with a few players these teams could b awesome, but is the club even trying to bring kids to tryouts to take these teams to a higher level? I know under Haber, he was solely focused on the U12 team and the U 9 team, but I heard most of the U9 team is going to Clearwater.
      Your points are spot on, especially when it comes to establishing competitive teams and having incompetent people running the club. Let's be honest, the club will not make any effort to bring kids to try outs for any age group, they have done very little marketing in the past four years, so your basically hoping rec kids step up and join the competitive side which is quite sad. I would agree, the three teams that you mentioned (U12 U15 girls and U14 boys) are all very talented teams tat could use 2-3 more strong players to really excel, but the club will stand idle and not help them. As far as Haber and Elliot, it's good for the club to turn the page with these folks, they had numerous years to implement their ideas, but both were utter failures. It's quite poetic that Haber spent all the clubs resources on his two daughters teams and both teams are now falling apart.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X