Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am going on the assumption that by rising you mean next season. If so, Dunedin has both teams, the girls upcoming U15 will be coached by DM, the boys upcoming U14 team will be coached by CS. The girls team will be going on their 3rd season together, the boys team has been together since U9.
    and the team that has been together since u9 played region cup Div 2 and did not win a game...tells me a lot about Dunedin's development.

Comment

So true

and the team that has been together since u9 played region cup Div 2 and did not win a game...tells me a lot about Dunedin's development.
      SO TRUE, Dunedin is bad, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Comment

We live in Countryside, currently use the Chargers as our home soccer club, but interested in Dunedin. Could anyone tell me if the club has a rising U15 girls and a rising U14 boys team? Thanks
        We have a young man that play for CS on the current U13 boys team, we have been very please with the club. The team had a good season, saw alot of improvements and his soccer skills have improved. Most important, our child has learned to love the game from the hands on coaching of CS adn Don Tobin. Unfortunately, this is a public forum that has alot of strange people that make negative comments about every club in he area. The best thing is to go to a practice or tryouts and judge everything for yourself.

Comment

Sorry we have a crazy Dad fron our girls U14 team who keeps posting , hopefully Don will make him stop . We don't need this type of advertising .

Comment

Sorry we have a crazy Dad fron our girls U14 team who keeps posting , hopefully Don will make him stop . We don't need this type of advertising .
            Is it the dad that gets smashed on booze at tournaments and always complains about his daughters playing time? If so, that guy is a nut job, but I heard he did the same stuff at WFF

Comment

If you think he is bad, you should see the u-9 boys team parents. What a bunch of nut jobs. Saw them laughing at kids on other team. And the coach saw it, heard it, and did nothing about it. Classy.

Comment

Is it the dad that gets smashed on booze at tournaments and always complains about his daughters playing time? If so, that guy is a nut job, but I heard he did the same stuff at WFF
                All clubs have a parent that acts similar to the parent described above, it's just goes hand-in-hand with youth soccer in the Tampa area, so it's not a unique problem specific to Dunedin. I am aware of this person, they are really quite harmless, I believe that he wants the club to succeed, but has an over inflated sense of the skill level of his daughter, but then again that describes 99% of all soccer parents.

Comment

I'm confused looking at the tryout schedule on the Dunedin website, Is it normal to require kids trying out to attend two practices? We were planning to visit three clubs during tryouts, but were unaware that you had to attend two practices, is this normal for al lclubs?

Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club announces its Try-Outs dates and time:

U-12 and under

Tuesday May 28th, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                  Wednesday May 29th, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                  Thursday May 30th, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                  Firday May 31st, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                  U-13 and above

Tuesday May 28th, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                  Wednesday May 29th, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                  Thursday May 30th, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                  Friday May 31st, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                  Rain date, Saturday June 1st. times TBA

Please bring shinguards, ball, water, etc...
                  Attendace to 2 sesions is required (without prior coach's approval)
                  Ages are based on player's age as of August 1st, 2013.

Comment

No, they are moving to D2, your information is incorrect, last season the top 6 moved from D3 to D2: Englewood, Nature Coast, Tampa Rangers, CPUSA Blue, Hernando Heat and Cape Coral. CPUSA Blue won the D2 League this season. Moving up to D2 next season will be: Winter Haven, Dunedin, Everton and North Port. By the way, if your using the standings on USA, they are missing the five first games for each team.
                    Only 2 teams are moving up from D3 to D2 last year. 2 teams are relegated from D2 and can only be replaced by the top 2 teams from D3. USA reshuffled the final standings due to the fact that some teams played more games than other team and it screwed up the league standings. see league standings http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=14

Comment

Standing mean nothing if a team does not want to move up or down they do not have to

Comment

Only 2 teams are moving up from D3 to D2 last year. 2 teams are relegated from D2 and can only be replaced by the top 2 teams from D3. USA reshuffled the final standings due to the fact that some teams played more games than other team and it screwed up the league standings. see league standings http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=14
                        The relegation number of 2 is incorrect, the poster above is correct that a total of five teams moved from D3 to D2 last year, and three teams moved down from D2. Basically, the amount of teams moving up or down depend on a couple of factors, the main issue is if teams do not return which is the case each year. Another factor is if a team loses many players over the spring and summer, they may request to play at a lower level. Finally, at the U15 level, in most cases there will be teams that simply will not return next season or will merge with another club just to have enough players, so in most case the D3 bracket is no longer used, as just two divisions are used. If Dunedin has a team next year, they would more than likely be considered a mid table D2 team, as this would be supported by their ranking on Got Soccer. The same could be said for CPUSA, North Port and Everton because of their point totals and rankings. If you eliminate the bottom third of the D3 teams in the standings then the D3 league is pretty much a mid level D2 league when compared with the current D2 teams.

Comment

I'm confused looking at the tryout schedule on the Dunedin website, Is it normal to require kids trying out to attend two practices? We were planning to visit three clubs during tryouts, but were unaware that you had to attend two practices, is this normal for al lclubs?

Dunedin Stirling Soccer Club announces its Try-Outs dates and time:

U-12 and under

Tuesday May 28th, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                          Wednesday May 29th, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                          Thursday May 30th, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                          Firday May 31st, 6:00PM to 7:15PM
                          U-13 and above

Tuesday May 28th, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                          Wednesday May 29th, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                          Thursday May 30th, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                          Friday May 31st, 7:30PM to 9:00PM
                          Rain date, Saturday June 1st. times TBA

Please bring shinguards, ball, water, etc...
                          Attendace to 2 sesions is required (without prior coach's approval)
                          Ages are based on player's age as of August 1st, 2013.
                          I could be wrong, but at our club it is also the policy to have the kids come to at least two days of tryouts. I think this gives the coaches a better chance to evaluate, or it could be to stop kids from trying out for other teams.

Comment

I could be wrong, but at our club it is also the policy to have the kids come to at least two days of tryouts. I think this gives the coaches a better chance to evaluate, or it could be to stop kids from trying out for other teams.
                            Most clubs require attendance at a couple of tryout practices, but your right its basically used as a ploy to keep kids away from other clubs until it can be determined if they will help the club.

Comment

Most clubs require attendance at a couple of tryout practices, but your right its basically used as a ploy to keep kids away from other clubs until it can be determined if they will help the club.
                              This not a ploy most clubs have that rule. And most of the times if you are not talked on the first day you are average as best.

Comment

As fas as Girls Competetive u16 goes maybe if all the unhappy parents
                                Came there something good could happen. Sounds like DOC is positive
                                And club close enough to Tarpon, Clearwater and Largo
                                Better than going to Tampa

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X