Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard they are adding the top U13 Elite team players to the Premier team and cutting the remaining Elite team players. Cutting kids is normal. But waiting until July, after other local teams have filled their rosters is not cool.

It also doesn't help the club long term.

GTB has a very nice rec program and the academy is growing. However, the lack of "B" teams on the competitive side means that GTB not only loses its top talent (well documented on this site - to DA, ECNL, bigger clubs, etc), they also lose the kids that just missed making the A team. Those kids move on to other clubs (or change to another sport) and never look back. Then, when an exodus at any age group occurs at GTB (and it always will at some point), there is no "in-house" inventory to pull from, and the club's only option is to try to lure a whole teams-worth of players from other clubs. I've seen this cycle repeat itself at many different ages.

I'm still at the club, but I've watched a series of recent administration blunders lead to many players (both the truly talented and the genuinely average) leaving the club. I know I'm not the only parent who is paying attention.
    Very well said. The club leaders i.e BOD are MR's hand picked puppets and they agree with whatever he says. The club is not interested in development and only in growth but they are doing it the wrong way. You have to develop your players and not rely on coaches from other club bringing players. This administration is the most unethical in the bay area soccer. MR and DV goes after coaches who they expect to bring their team over and when the coach is unable to bring a whole team, then they make excuses. They also hate it when a coach leaves the club and players follow the coach. This happened with SL last year when he left the club and now EC. MR threatens to ruin their coaching career if the coaches leaves and takes players with them. They only have 1 coach at the club that consistently attract players every year at different age group and gender. He is the one responsible for creating 2 teams from any age group that he has coached. Once he builds the teams and attracts the players, MR and DV steps in and gives their boys the teams that the coach builds. The you see the age group collapse the following year. EO built the rising U17G, U16G and U13G. All these age groups have declined in numbers since they took the teams away from him. Shelf life is limited as these directors do not care about the future of each team.

They lie to the parents that each coach will be with the team for at least 2 or 3 years but yet they change coaches after 1 year. Take the rising U13G and U6G for example, EO had them for one year, built 2 teams and now FC cannot even put 1 team together from inheriting 2 teams. EC took over 2 teams at U15G then after 1 year, DV took the team from him and now they barely have enough for 1 rising U16G team.

I took my daughter to another club as soon as I found out that EO was not going to coach them for the second year as promised to us by MR at the parent meeting at the start of the season. I know half of the rising U13G premier left for the same reason.

Comment

Is there any development or is it just about recruitment. It appears even the top teams have a high amount of turnover. No matter who the coach is. How many age groups have dropped from 2 teams down to one?

Comment

gtbfc

For U16 girls, many of the girls went to either Lutz or Wesley Chapel. It appears from initial USA division alignments that Wesley Chapel now has two teams.

Is there any development or is it just about recruitment. It appears even the top teams have a high amount of turnover. No matter who the coach is. How many age groups have dropped from 2 teams down to one?

Comment

For U16 girls, many of the girls went to either Lutz or Wesley Chapel. It appears from initial USA division alignments that Wesley Chapel now has two teams.
          Geesh, the Troll can't even take a break to watch the world cup! He'd rather be on this thread again answering his own posts. What a loser...

Comment

gold

You should have some facts about coaches. SL only took players that he thought would follow him from his travel team. He told all the other kids from our club that basically they were not good enough for his team. Those players left and SL only had 4-5 kids from his travel team wanting to follow him to GTB. The club put KS back with that age group and fortunately players came back and played for KS.(I am a parent of that age group). Don't even know why you would bring SL up in this forum, If he was about development he would took most of those 12 yr olds and developed them. His track record should tell you he would not stick around. I think he has been at 5 clubs in 6 years.
            As for EC, I heard the rising 16's were taken away due to the team and parents having concerns that he's not the coach to get them to the next level. He was offered other teams but decided to leave and not one single player followed him, actually my son's friend on the rising 17boy's team said the team would leave if he returned as the coach. I think MR took that team over.
            I think most of the people that are on here have kids on B teams and unfortunately those teams were not very good and are hard to keep together each year.
            GTB is a USA League type of club, but I think they work hard at making it better. I think they try to bring in new coaches that will help certain team. Sometimes that coaches players will follow. It happens every where.
            My daughter is now done and its just my 2 son's playing. One here and one at another club due to the age group under his level of play for the most part and decided to try a different team. Totally up to him.
            I have seen a few club's over the past 12 years they all are about the same. Many teams are happy and a few are not. That is how it goes in youth sports. You can't keep everyone happy.

Comment

You should have some facts about coaches. SL only took players that he thought would follow him from his travel team. He told all the other kids from our club that basically they were not good enough for his team. Those players left and SL only had 4-5 kids from his travel team wanting to follow him to GTB. The club put KS back with that age group and fortunately players came back and played for KS.(I am a parent of that age group). Don't even know why you would bring SL up in this forum, If he was about development he would took most of those 12 yr olds and developed them. His track record should tell you he would not stick around. I think he has been at 5 clubs in 6 years.
              As for EC, I heard the rising 16's were taken away due to the team and parents having concerns that he's not the coach to get them to the next level. He was offered other teams but decided to leave and not one single player followed him, actually my son's friend on the rising 17boy's team said the team would leave if he returned as the coach. I think MR took that team over.
              I think most of the people that are on here have kids on B teams and unfortunately those teams were not very good and are hard to keep together each year.
              GTB is a USA League type of club, but I think they work hard at making it better. I think they try to bring in new coaches that will help certain team. Sometimes that coaches players will follow. It happens every where.
              My daughter is now done and its just my 2 son's playing. One here and one at another club due to the age group under his level of play for the most part and decided to try a different team. Totally up to him.
              I have seen a few club's over the past 12 years they all are about the same. Many teams are happy and a few are not. That is how it goes in youth sports. You can't keep everyone happy.
              I took over the rising U17 boys because I am the one that can take them to the next level. I can guarantee my team parents that I will miss most of the team training and games this coming season because, I will always be unavailable due to my national team commitment. I will have other coaches cover me and the team will get multiple trainers in my absence. Tournaments will be very minimal due to my commitment to the rising U17G team but they are used to me not being around much. The boys team will play in Regions Cup and USA D2 where they belong and the girls will play State Cup. I cannot guarantee development but all players are expected to pay their club fees before the start of their first league game. I run the club my way and don't care what anyone says. The BOD are under my spell and I can hire and fire anyone as I please. I have my new puppet DV who does everything I tell him.

If you have any questions about my team or my club, please feel free to contact me and I will only respond to information that favors me. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express myself on this forum.
              Signed MR.

Comment

Soccer training DVDs

Has anyone had any experience with soccer training DVDs? IE Coerver, Epic...My kids go to practices, have limited private lessons throughout the year and attend soccer camps during summer to develop their skill-set. And although all of these are great, my kids don't seem to be developing their 1v1 abilities. I want my kids to have some instruction they can have readily available to them so they can work on their own. Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome.

Thanks everyone

Comment

I took over the rising U17 boys because I am the one that can take them to the next level. I can guarantee my team parents that I will miss most of the team training and games this coming season because, I will always be unavailable due to my national team commitment. I will have other coaches cover me and the team will get multiple trainers in my absence. Tournaments will be very minimal due to my commitment to the rising U17G team but they are used to me not being around much. The boys team will play in Regions Cup and USA D2 where they belong and the girls will play State Cup. I cannot guarantee development but all players are expected to pay their club fees before the start of their first league game. I run the club my way and don't care what anyone says. The BOD are under my spell and I can hire and fire anyone as I please. I have my new puppet DV who does everything I tell him.

If you have any questions about my team or my club, please feel free to contact me and I will only respond to information that favors me. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express myself on this forum.
                  Signed MR.
                  Aren't all the teams at GTFBC USA League teams? Why diss this particular team since the club is a USA League type of club. I'm not going to argue with you about MR, he has way oversold his abilities, but it could be worse.

Comment

HS All Americans

NSCAA Winter/Spring HS All Americans

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/high-...icans_aid33200

Comment

Browse Youtube . Usually you can find some decent videos there . It at least could be aspiring. Just remember that nothing beats the physical and technical training though...

Comment

Aren't all the teams at GTFBC USA League teams? Why diss this particular team since the club is a USA League type of club. I'm not going to argue with you about MR, he has way oversold his abilities, but it could be worse.
                        The U16 boys are the only team at the club that plays at a higher level. Without this team, GTBFC will not be on the map.

Comment

The U16 boys are the only team at the club that plays at a higher level. Without this team, GTBFC will not be on the map.
                          LOL, so true, MR has sold parents a lie and they fell hook line and sinker for it. GTBFC is like Lutz or Wesley Chapel, a USA League club.

Comment

The Troll is back from vacation, or found some free wi-fi. Get a life already, it really is getting old. Same crap over and over. Guess it really hurt you when your kid got cut from the team...

Comment

The Troll is back from vacation, or found some free wi-fi. Get a life already, it really is getting old. Same crap over and over. Guess it really hurt you when your kid got cut from the team...
                              you really have a problem with people stating their opinions dont you? Especially when its the truth. you must be a coach or MR.

Giant Turd Bucket Football Club = GTBFC

Comment

Truth stings when insecure attack

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X