Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL does offer the most exposure and gives those girls the best opportunity to play at the next level. No guarantees, and it is certainly possible to get to the next level without ECNL. I don't think a rational argument can be made that ECNL is not the premiere league in the country by a long way. I have seen the scouts at their events and it dwarfs all other events I have been to - that includes CASL, Disney, and Dallas. If ECNL wasn't such a big deal HM wouldn't have fought so hard to try and keep it and FKK folks wouldn't be so upset about losing it.
    "Exposure".... There it is again. The holy grail for every naive parent is "exposure"... And the Laddies know the word "exposure" will open a parents' wallet quicker than anything, except maybe "the next level".

Here's the thing- if you "expose" your poorly trained team and players to 600 college coaches, all you've done is show 600 college coaches your club's training is below standard. ECNL is not a shortcut. Poor training will not help. Being on the bottom of the weakest ECNL division is no advantage at all.

Comment

Wow, it amazes me that he is the only one you focus on. I can't tell you how many post that have had a similar reply have been from me not gregg. Does it make you feel better to have someone to focus your anger at instead of taking any blame your self. At some point you will have to work on fixing your club instead of focusing your hate on ours. Peace and love is all we need.
      Well... You have to admit that Greg is really the only one who hasn't been fired and replaced, so naturally he's the easiest to pick on. Maybe if you guys would figure out how to slow the revolving door of coaches we could pick on a few others, too.

And the Pool Boy and The Dumpster Arsonist don't count...

Comment

It is important to remember that the "Coalition" said they should be the clubs doing outreach in their own 15-mile designated territories. So what the OP is asking is where is all the outreach?

Outreach is not doing Fun Fridays at shopping malls

Outreach is not offering players from other clubs free scholarships

Outreach is not painting OC as the villain when you don't have the stones to go into poor neighborhoods and try and grow soccer.

Call it for what it is. You parents are scared. Scared that if your club went into the poor neighborhoods they might actually find talent that puts your little Mia or Landycakes on the bench. You are scared of associating with someone who you think will lower the status of your club.

You people disgust me with your pompous self-entitled attitude toward the game that only requires a ball and a flat surface to play on. Why aren't you trying to grow the game beyond the suburbs of your current membership.

I will tell you why. You want to keep things the same. You finally found a game where your kid can see some decent playing time. They could not make the football, basketball or baseball team so you are finally happy. You don't want those poor blacks and Hispanics knocking your kid out of this sport too.

Well guess what? It is happening whether you like it or not. The fastest growing population in Orlando is Hispanic. OC will make sure that all children, regardless of color or culture, will get a chance to play soccer.

DA is free! ECNL will be free! We will be doing what you refuse to do and developing after-school programs, donating equipment and getting leagues started in the poorest neighborhoods in Central Florida. And we will find them. Oh yes sweet Lord we will find them. They are faster than your kid, quicker than your kid and we will give them a ball and teach them the game. So while your chubby little boy is chugging Monster, stuffing his face with Cheetos and playing X-Box, our little projects will be in the street, on the court, in the fields and on the dirt practicing. You see our kids don't have X-Box, iPhones and all the other diversions of today's suburban brats. Our kids will be out there every day working the ball, playing pick up games and enjoying the game the way it was meant to be played.

The days of soccer being a fourth sport are over. We are bringing the real athletes into the game and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. So go ahead and write your emails to Theresa Jacobs. Go ahead and bug your county commissioner. Tell them why OC can't come into your poor neighborhoods and start development programs. Go ahead. Funny thing about poor people - the can vote too. Just try and take something away from them.

I look forward to the next coalition move.
        I'm glad to see Purple Angry Guy is back! It's amazing how much passion you bring to your silly diatribes. I think you believe you sound intimidating and tough with your ranting. But you actually sound very concerned that your bluster doesn't seem to work.

Comment

"Exposure".... There it is again. The holy grail for every naive parent is "exposure"... And the Laddies know the word "exposure" will open a parents' wallet quicker than anything, except maybe "the next level".

Here's the thing- if you "expose" your poorly trained team and players to 600 college coaches, all you've done is show 600 college coaches your club's training is below standard. ECNL is not a shortcut. Poor training will not help. Being on the bottom of the weakest ECNL division is no advantage at all.
          I am really tired of reading your comments about the training at OC. You do not have a corner on the market for trainers. As a matter of fact you struggle for some good ones past 1 or 2, we have good training, we may not be lighting up the score board but our girls get good training.

Comment

Well... You have to admit that Greg is really the only one who hasn't been fired and replaced, so naturally he's the easiest to pick on. Maybe if you guys would figure out how to slow the revolving door of coaches we could pick on a few others, too.

And the Pool Boy and The Dumpster Arsonist don't count...
            How many coaching changes at UF? UCF? FSU? UM? USF? Coaches are either hired away or fired for lack of results at the highest competitive level. This is not some "community club" that is only interested in bringing in more members to survive. OC is a professional organization that does not have to worry about keeping afloat by fleecing the parents.

Comment

ECNL does offer the most exposure and gives those girls the best opportunity to play at the next level. No guarantees, and it is certainly possible to get to the next level without ECNL. I don't think a rational argument can be made that ECNL is not the premiere league in the country by a long way. I have seen the scouts at their events and it dwarfs all other events I have been to - that includes CASL, Disney, and Dallas. If ECNL wasn't such a big deal HM wouldn't have fought so hard to try and keep it and FKK folks wouldn't be so upset about losing it.
              Truth Bomb

<BOOM>

Comment

"Exposure".... There it is again. The holy grail for every naive parent is "exposure"... And the Laddies know the word "exposure" will open a parents' wallet quicker than anything, except maybe "the next level"
                ROFL!!! That is a good one you funny little FKKer. Sure, we "opened our wallets" for DA and OC gave us our money back and said we will not have to pay as long as we can play at that level. We opened our wallets for ECNL and then OC picked up the tab for league travel.

Now what about you little FKKers? You paid $1500 to play in CDL. Now that is funny! And you got punked at CDL showcase. That is even funnier. And you pay out of your wallet to go scrimmage in Atlanta and play in tournaments up and down the East Coast.

So anytime you want to compare how much we have opened our wallets, I will gladly play that hand. You spent thousands of dollars for very little return. If you don't win a fair amount of SC titles, I see parent leaving your teams for 'greener pastures'

Comment

ROFL!!! That is a good one you funny little FKKer. Sure, we "opened our wallets" for DA and OC gave us our money back and said we will not have to pay as long as we can play at that level. We opened our wallets for ECNL and then OC picked up the tab for league travel.

Now what about you little FKKers? You paid $1500 to play in CDL. Now that is funny! And you got punked at CDL showcase. That is even funnier. And you pay out of your wallet to go scrimmage in Atlanta and play in tournaments up and down the East Coast.

So anytime you want to compare how much we have opened our wallets, I will gladly play that hand. You spent thousands of dollars for very little return. If you don't win a fair amount of SC titles, I see parent leaving your teams for 'greener pastures'
                  The English laddies!! Drink a few pints and go home. Tired of your lies and games. The FPS training you received has done you no good. The FPS telemarketing room. Increase in registration is an increase in salary. The laddies will say whatever is needed for a quick US Dollar.

Comment

The English laddies!! Drink a few pints and go home. Tired of your lies and games. The FPS training you received has done you no good. The FPS telemarketing room. Increase in registration is an increase in salary. The laddies will say whatever is needed for a quick US Dollar.
                    An 8th grade education for most of the laddies with a masters in spinning and fooling parents. Parents beware the OC laddies are coming. They've been training all month and the compliments are forthcoming. They know what you want to hear!

Comment

Well, we happen to know quite well the short man who strides the sidelines of his rising u15 daughters' games. He's an embarrassment, and a blowhard, and we all wish. He would get off this board instead of making us all look like buffoons.

Comment

I'm surprised that you as an educated (though small) man would be so taken in by the Laddies and Frenchie- people with half your education. You're acting like a sheep.

Comment

I'm surprised that you as an educated (though small) man would be so taken in by the Laddies and Frenchie- people with half your education. You're acting like a sheep.
                          No one is a sheep unless you pied pipered over to fkk. You constantly talk about the English and the French guy as though they could influence someone who doesn't want to be at OC. Even if my child is an average soccer player, if she can make ecnl, that is where she will be. I honestly believe it will be a major challenge for her this year, but she will tryout and see how that goes. I see a ton of qualified coaches all over Florida and know they aren't just at fkk. However there are only 2 places with ecnl. That is my educated choice.

Comment

LIAR! Lady, you never played squat! Give us Team Name and year for YC, College and semi-pro.
                            Not a lady. Played for FC America Omni and played in the Dallas Cup in 1993, then played at UCF and Central Florida Kraze PDL, which you probably are very aware is now Orlando City U23s.

Comment

No one is a sheep unless you pied pipered over to fkk. You constantly talk about the English and the French guy as though they could influence someone who doesn't want to be at OC. Even if my child is an average soccer player, if she can make ecnl, that is where she will be. I honestly believe it will be a major challenge for her this year, but she will tryout and see how that goes. I see a ton of qualified coaches all over Florida and know they aren't just at fkk. However there are only 2 places with ecnl. That is my educated choice.
                              The idea that the parent of an "average player" thinks she might have a shot at OC ECNL tells me all I need to know about that program.

Comment

How many coaching changes at UF? UCF? FSU? UM? USF? Coaches are either hired away or fired for lack of results at the highest competitive level. This is not some "community club" that is only interested in bringing in more members to survive. OC is a professional organization that does not have to worry about keeping afloat by fleecing the parents.
                                "a professional organization" that includes the dumpster Arsonist, Halfwit, the Pool Boy, The Gypsy, a handful of English refugees, The Strangler and The Wizard of Stoke. Even with this amazing staff backed by three full time marketing interns and the most self-promoting owner since John Morgan, they still can't produce decent results, run a competent tournament, or attract more than 5 coaches to a "College ID Camp".

Meanwhile, the "community club" you love to laugh at and denigrate has gone from zero to 900 members in a single year. And the "coalition" you mock has handed your leader a stinging political defeat.

Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X