Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your kid must of been on one of the two teams that were getting extra perks from the club. Sure, try to discredit the website, but what really makes you mad is that the perks are going to be stopping this coming year. It looks like the new leadership has come into place and removed all the dead wood that was providing these uncalled for extra cash benefits to these teams, boy that has to make you mad. For the majority of club teams at Dunedin, this will greatly benefit your teams, they will now be getting equal benefits, as well as funding that were previously monopolized by two teams.
    Change is good, hope it continues to better the atmosphere of the club

Comment

Your kid must of been on one of the two teams that were getting extra perks from the club. Sure, try to discredit the website, but what really makes you mad is that the perks are going to be stopping this coming year. It looks like the new leadership has come into place and removed all the dead wood that was providing these uncalled for extra cash benefits to these teams, boy that has to make you mad. For the majority of club teams at Dunedin, this will greatly benefit your teams, they will now be getting equal benefits, as well as funding that were previously monopolized by two teams.
      Hmmmmm, only two people have access to the club's books- the president and the treasurer. But accusations about teams spending is shared on the internet, along with other sensitive info. Are they backstabbing people on the internet or getting cronies to do their dirty work?

Whichever it is its pretty unprofessional of them to be making public accusations about their own teams. I'm sure other teams and players can't wait to come to club where the leadership regularly bashes their own teams and parents. What's the new motto going to be "Dunedin- all of the politics, none of the soccer success!"

Comment

Hmmmmm, only two people have access to the club's books- the president and the treasurer. But accusations about teams spending is shared on the internet, along with other sensitive info. Are they backstabbing people on the internet or getting cronies to do their dirty work?

Whichever it is its pretty unprofessional of them to be making public accusations about their own teams. I'm sure other teams and players can't wait to come to club where the leadership regularly bashes their own teams and parents. What's the new motto going to be "Dunedin- all of the politics, none of the soccer success!"
        I don't care who is posting this information, it's pretty much what most people already knew was going on. It is no big secret that two teams were getting benefits that other teams were not, no one is surprised that it is now coming to light. It was about time to flush the previous group of board members down the drain, too much nepotism and cronyism was taking place and change was needed and hopefully a new group of leaders will emerge and put forth more effort to enhance the club with fresh ideas. I have been pretty impressed with the changes that I have observed going on in the last six weeks, things are improving and in my opinion they will continue to improve. All competitive teams parents pay the same fees, so all competitive teams should be on equal footing, no one team should get favoritism over another team in regards to practice times, fundraising opportunities, marketing and backing of the club, this was not occurring and others were catching on and wondering why this was occurring. I can understand why some people would be upset, they had a monopoly on the resources of the club, now they will have to share equally which is a bitter pill for some to swallow. I feel your in error when you state Dunedin is all politics and no soccer success, what you need to do is substitute was for is, it was completely all politics under the previous leadership, but things have seemed to change and now it is more of a collective sharing without the drama.

Comment

I don't care who is posting this information, it's pretty much what most people already knew was going on. It is no big secret that two teams were getting benefits that other teams were not, no one is surprised that it is now coming to light. It was about time to flush the previous group of board members down the drain, too much nepotism and cronyism was taking place and change was needed and hopefully a new group of leaders will emerge and put forth more effort to enhance the club with fresh ideas. I have been pretty impressed with the changes that I have observed going on in the last six weeks, things are improving and in my opinion they will continue to improve. All competitive teams parents pay the same fees, so all competitive teams should be on equal footing, no one team should get favoritism over another team in regards to practice times, fundraising opportunities, marketing and backing of the club, this was not occurring and others were catching on and wondering why this was occurring. I can understand why some people would be upset, they had a monopoly on the resources of the club, now they will have to share equally which is a bitter pill for some to swallow. I feel your in error when you state Dunedin is all politics and no soccer success, what you need to do is substitute was for is, it was completely all politics under the previous leadership, but things have seemed to change and now it is more of a collective sharing without the drama.
          Apparently I don't have your knowlege of what the club spends its money on, and you seem to be pretty high up. But I do have to question what you think what you think of as "most people"? How many parents know how our funds are being spent, other than the ones on the board? I didn't know what teams get what, so how do I get on that list? Is there somekind of newsletter or somewhere on the website that has that info?

Also you said something about changes that have taken place in the last 6 wks? Based on what I see at the fields I haven't seen any change. And online I only see that the previous pres, Dan, has been given a director position and Jeff is now pres. I got an email from Jeff about being pres, but what is Dan director of and was it announced to the club that they are looking for someone for that position? The same can be said for the new VP of Comp and Jeff as pres. How were those chosen and by who? I am on the FB page and email list, but I didn't get anything about running for those positions.

And since you bring up nepotism, I do see that Davee is still the treasurer even though Jeff is now the pres. If you are worried about cronyism and nepotism, how can you say that the club is moving in the "right" direction? If the pres and treasurer are husband-wife, what checks and balances are keeping those two from stealing all of our money?

I know you can't be either one of them, since it'd be immoral for you to be posting on an anonymous message board, but maybe you can "ask" one of them why we should believe these posts that things are getting better because all I'm hearing is that most of my team's parents are looking at other clubs or are flat-out leaving in a few weeks.

Comment

Apparently I don't have your knowlege of what the club spends its money on, and you seem to be pretty high up. But I do have to question what you think what you think of as "most people"? How many parents know how our funds are being spent, other than the ones on the board? I didn't know what teams get what, so how do I get on that list? Is there somekind of newsletter or somewhere on the website that has that info?

Also you said something about changes that have taken place in the last 6 wks? Based on what I see at the fields I haven't seen any change. And online I only see that the previous pres, Dan, has been given a director position and Jeff is now pres. I got an email from Jeff about being pres, but what is Dan director of and was it announced to the club that they are looking for someone for that position? The same can be said for the new VP of Comp and Jeff as pres. How were those chosen and by who? I am on the FB page and email list, but I didn't get anything about running for those positions.

And since you bring up nepotism, I do see that Davee is still the treasurer even though Jeff is now the pres. If you are worried about cronyism and nepotism, how can you say that the club is moving in the "right" direction? If the pres and treasurer are husband-wife, what checks and balances are keeping those two from stealing all of our money?

I know you can't be either one of them, since it'd be immoral for you to be posting on an anonymous message board, but maybe you can "ask" one of them why we should believe these posts that things are getting better because all I'm hearing is that most of my team's parents are looking at other clubs or are flat-out leaving in a few weeks.
            Holy cow, you sound angry, I bet your one of the board members that was let go. I have no link to the board, but from my perspective, I have seen more kids at the club this spring then I have seen in the past five years, heck they even have had to open up the auxiliary parking area due to overflow, so somebody must be doing something right. Personally, I think it's great that each of the clubs competitive teams are now going to be treated equally, it should of never got to the point where each team was not considered equally, so that tells me that their needed to be a much needed shake up in the direction of the club which appears to have taken place. As far as you taking your kids to another club, there sure is alot of clubs around, so I am sure you will find one to your liking that will do things the way you seem fit. In regards to a whole team moving to another club, well good luck on that, it's going to be tough to get everyone to agree to move to a new club and since Dunedin is one of the most inexpensive competitive clubs some families might balk at paying nearly double the fees. Anytime there is a change in the direction of any club there are always going to be some angry people, you wither get over it and move forward with your clubs direction, or you find another club. Sounds like your leaving, so I hope your able to find a club that fits your needs.

Comment

Sure I'm mad, unlike you, I expect to win more than 1 game at U13 and I don't want you screwing up my team like you did yours.

But I'm not one of the ones who you and your wife kicked off the board, and if this club is lucky you won't be on the board much longer. Changing the rules about who can vote for board members, making up new positions on the board that aren't in the bylaws, with-holding club documents from club members, you and your wife being the only two with the checkbook- good luck with all that. Despite the fairytale stories you've been posting, that's what people in the club are talking about with the board.

Comment

Sure I'm mad, unlike you, I expect to win more than 1 game at U13 and I don't want you screwing up my team like you did yours.

But I'm not one of the ones who you and your wife kicked off the board, and if this club is lucky you won't be on the board much longer. Changing the rules about who can vote for board members, making up new positions on the board that aren't in the bylaws, with-holding club documents from club members, you and your wife being the only two with the checkbook- good luck with all that. Despite the fairytale stories you've been posting, that's what people in the club are talking about with the board.
                Stop, your making yourself to look like an angry moron. Let's recap, the club has never , EVER, had so many kids involved, so you sound like an outsider that is frustrated that you have lost the ability to control the stashing of funds to your kids team. You said you were leaving, so why linger here? You said complete teams were moving, hmm, of anything it appears that every team is staying, and new teams are being added (about time). Here's what bugs you, your childs team had a free ride, you personally got all your kids club fees down to zero by being on the board, your kids teams got every collection such as Publix when other clubs got nothing out of the 8 Pubix collection days (they are now divided so each team gets one), your team had the club pay for your hotel, gas, and enrance fees to Disney. This has all stopped, Frank knows this, and we have told him we would like you to stay, but things are changing and you will no longer run rampant on the club. If Frank leaves, best of luck to him, his next move will be his 3rd move with a U12 team and no club is going to allow him to do what this team did at Dunedin, unless you can control the money. Let's be frank, your mad, your pipeline of money has been taken away, other parents are thrilled that they are now getting fundraising opportunities. You have no club to go to other than Dunedin, do you think the Chargers are going to allow you to control the finances? You can't go to WFF, since Frank was already there. Mayber you can go to Largo, but good luck getting the team to follow. Admit it, you overplayed your hand and pushed it too far. Parents from other competitive teams caught on, called the club on it, which was the right thing to do.

Comment

I'm not on the board, but I'm really happy that new people are now in charge. The people that are gone did very little for the club, in my opinion, so it's not a great loss. The board should turnover every 3 years to stop people that have their own agendas instead of agendas benefiting all of the kids.

Comment

I find it very troubling that two teams were being given preferential treatment over other club teams, I was aware that one team was surely getting away with murder, they controlled all the clubs fundraising opportunities and they were always given the preferred choice of practice fields, but I was unaware there were two teams. If you look at who has been removed from the Board then it's pretty easy to determine that three of the people gone had kids on the team that was getting all of these benefits at the expense of other teams and parents that were paying the same fees. I know that my sons coach has told us that if it didn't involve the previous Director of Competitive soccer daughters teams then you might as well forget about getting anything done by him, so it's a good move for the club to rid themselves of someone that is solely in place to enrich his own children's opportunities at the cost of the rest of the club. I'm willing to give the new leadership people some time to turn things around, but I would like to see more backing of each club team equally by the club instead of having 2-3 teams getting all the benefits. It sounds like the garden needed to be weeded and it looks like the weeds have been removed from the directors positions, so hopefully now the club can blossom.

Comment

I find it very troubling that two teams were being given preferential treatment over other club teams, I was aware that one team was surely getting away with murder, they controlled all the clubs fundraising opportunities and they were always given the preferred choice of practice fields, but I was unaware there were two teams. If you look at who has been removed from the Board then it's pretty easy to determine that three of the people gone had kids on the team that was getting all of these benefits at the expense of other teams and parents that were paying the same fees. I know that my sons coach has told us that if it didn't involve the previous Director of Competitive soccer daughters teams then you might as well forget about getting anything done by him, so it's a good move for the club to rid themselves of someone that is solely in place to enrich his own children's opportunities at the cost of the rest of the club. I'm willing to give the new leadership people some time to turn things around, but I would like to see more backing of each club team equally by the club instead of having 2-3 teams getting all the benefits. It sounds like the garden needed to be weeded and it looks like the weeds have been removed from the directors positions, so hopefully now the club can blossom.
                      glad to hear it is not only west pines that is screw up

Comment

Stop, your making yourself to look like an angry moron. Let's recap, the club has never , EVER, had so many kids involved, so you sound like an outsider that is frustrated that you have lost the ability to control the stashing of funds to your kids team. You said you were leaving, so why linger here? You said complete teams were moving, hmm, of anything it appears that every team is staying, and new teams are being added (about time). Here's what bugs you, your childs team had a free ride, you personally got all your kids club fees down to zero by being on the board, your kids teams got every collection such as Publix when other clubs got nothing out of the 8 Pubix collection days (they are now divided so each team gets one), your team had the club pay for your hotel, gas, and enrance fees to Disney. This has all stopped, Frank knows this, and we have told him we would like you to stay, but things are changing and you will no longer run rampant on the club. If Frank leaves, best of luck to him, his next move will be his 3rd move with a U12 team and no club is going to allow him to do what this team did at Dunedin, unless you can control the money. Let's be frank, your mad, your pipeline of money has been taken away, other parents are thrilled that they are now getting fundraising opportunities. You have no club to go to other than Dunedin, do you think the Chargers are going to allow you to control the finances? You can't go to WFF, since Frank was already there. Mayber you can go to Largo, but good luck getting the team to follow. Admit it, you overplayed your hand and pushed it too far. Parents from other competitive teams caught on, called the club on it, which was the right thing to do.
                        As someone looking in from the outside, I find it hard to believe that any club would allow one team to control the whole club which appears to be the case in this situation. If I had a child on a competitive team at Dunedin, I would be asking how did it get this way in the first place. How can I pay the same fees but get less favorable treatment then other club teams, and how will this change in the future so that all club teams are on equal footing. I would hope that the remaining members of the board have called in a CPA to do a thorough investigation into where club funds were spent because it sounds like there may have been some graft going on here. I know Dunedin has a really strong recreational program, so I have always wondered why they struggle so much in establishing competitive teams, so this very could be the reason. Hopefully, by getting rid of corrupt individuals on the board of directors things will begin to improve at Dunedin, the club has a nice facility, but has been poorly managed in the past.

Comment

As someone looking in from the outside, I find it hard to believe that any club would allow one team to control the whole club which appears to be the case in this situation. If I had a child on a competitive team at Dunedin, I would be asking how did it get this way in the first place. How can I pay the same fees but get less favorable treatment then other club teams, and how will this change in the future so that all club teams are on equal footing. I would hope that the remaining members of the board have called in a CPA to do a thorough investigation into where club funds were spent because it sounds like there may have been some graft going on here. I know Dunedin has a really strong recreational program, so I have always wondered why they struggle so much in establishing competitive teams, so this very could be the reason. Hopefully, by getting rid of corrupt individuals on the board of directors things will begin to improve at Dunedin, the club has a nice facility, but has been poorly managed in the past.
                          You make alot of valid points in regards to Dunedin Soccer Club from your view outside the club. In my opinion, from being there for five years is that the club has been poorly marketed and managed, the club has some of the better training fields in the area and has well known trainer for the competitive side. I think in the past, too many people gained control of the club with the sole purpose to benefit their children's teams even if it hurt the overall health of the club. From the sounds of things, as well as what I am seeing this spring at the club, things look like they are being managed properly and there seems to be many new faces at the club. We shall see at competitive tryouts if the club has made any improvements in their marketing for their competitive teams, or if the status quo has remained where everything is word of mouth. Of course, Dunedin will never be a WFF, TBU, or Chargers type of club since they dont have the same resources in place, but they have the ability to grow quite alot if the right people are running things.

Comment

Good Dunedin has finally fired the troublemakers on the board, so when will they take the final step and fire Tobin and bring in someone that actually can help the club? I'm half tempted to come back to the club after leaving Dunedin three years ago, but Tobin being there is a road block.

Comment

Good Dunedin has finally fired the troublemakers on the board, so when will they take the final step and fire Tobin and bring in someone that actually can help the club? I'm half tempted to come back to the club after leaving Dunedin three years ago, but Tobin being there is a road block.
                              Why don't you merge with the Chargers like Largo did with TBU?

Comment

Why don't you merge with the Chargers like Largo did with TBU?
                                What benefit would it be for the Chargers, they already get alot of kids from Dunedin at their club. Look at Dunedin's competitive program, they are a train wreck on the girls side with only two teams out of the 11 age brackets for girls. The boys side is growing at the younger ages, but they only have one team available for ages 14 through 19. I think it has been well known for some time that the club has been poorly run and has had a very negative environment. Many parents have walked away because of poor coaching, lack of resolve on the clubs part to fixing problems with competitive teams and generally a toxic atmosphere on the competitive side.So, knowing all that, what benefit would the Chargers be getting, pretty much the only item on the plus side for Dunedin is their rec program, but that is not enough to entice a merger when your competitive program is in disarray.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X