Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you keep your kid on a team if they dont play

top rising u15 team in Orlando is ranked top 5 in state. My daughter never plays but, is on a top team and went to finals. Would you keep her on the team knowing she is developing because she plays with such an awesome team and coach or find a team where she can play?

Would I keep my daughter on a team if she doesn't play? Is the Pope Jewish?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Would I keep my daughter on a team if she doesn't play? Is the Pope Jewish?
      That is a question I can’t answer I am not catholic

Comment

top rising u15 team in Orlando is ranked top 5 in state. My daughter never plays but, is on a top team and went to finals. Would you keep her on the team knowing she is developing because she plays with such an awesome team and coach or find a team where she can play?
        Absolutely not. Training is only part of the learning equation. You need decent playing time to try out what you've learned in training. Fiind another team at a more appropriate level for her. Playing time at that age is earned and will never be equal, but it has to be meaningful. And if you ask her, she'll probably say it isn't much fun sitting in the bench

Comment

Don't leave her there. There's no substitute for actual game time. Put her somewhere that better suits her skills. She's obviously a decent player if she's on a top team.

Comment

Don't leave her there. There's no substitute for actual game time. Put her somewhere that better suits her skills. She's obviously a decent player if she's on a top team.
            I completely agree but would add that the OP should also be 100% honest with himself about his kid. Most likely she's just not on the right team. But, is she putting in the effort? Is she listening to the coach, getting along with teammates? Those scenarios are less likely but they do happen.

Comment

Agree with this. I've also seen instances when a really good player on an elite team might get less playing time than a kid that they're better than. I hate to say this but politics also play a factor at times.

Get your kid someplace she'll play. If you don't, she might end up getting frustrated, discouraged, and give up the game. At the very least it's not good for her confidence and self-esteem. Also, what kid doesn't want to play?

Comment

Is the Pope Jewish?
                He might just be. This fake Pope sure as hell isn't Catholic.

Comment

Agree with this. I've also seen instances when a really good player on an elite team might get less playing time than a kid that they're better than. I hate to say this but politics also play a factor at times.

Get your kid someplace she'll play. If you don't, she might end up getting frustrated, discouraged, and give up the game. At the very least it's not good for her confidence and self-esteem. Also, what kid doesn't want to play?
                  The politics and favoritism actually happens more than most realize. Playing time sometimes doesn't mean that the best players play the most. The coach might perceive that player A's parents can do more for him than player B's parents so player A plays more even though player B is better. The coach might be a pedo and think player A is better looking than player B so player A plays more. The coach might think player A's mom is better looking than player B's......you get the drift. Anyone that's ever been around club sports of any kind and at any level can tell you it goes on. Unfortunate but true

Comment

Dual roster with the team below. Every team has bench players and starters. With the subbing rules in many leagues a coach plays some more because once they are subbed out they can’t return that half. This is not helping with development when the coach can’t bring them in and out.

Comment

If she’s on a DA or ECNL team, I would keep her there. Spots on a top team is hard to get especially if you’re new another club. Playing for a bad team also creates a lot of bad habits.

As long as she improving and getting better, you’re taking a big risk by leaving. She is obviously good enough if she made the team. She’s only an injury away from starting.

Comment

Why dont you ask your kid what she wants

Comment

politics rarely account for zero pt. any way, politics, coach incompetence, wrong fit or something else, it's time to look elsewhere. she's only getting half the material. if the op asks his daughter she'll probably want to stay because girls tend to not want to leave friends. but dig deeper and chances are she isn't happy with what's going on.

Comment

Dual roster with the team below. Every team has bench players and starters. With the subbing rules in many leagues a coach plays some more because once they are subbed out they can’t return that half. This is not helping with development when the coach can’t bring them in and out.
                            Some clubs have mandatory policies for coaches to move down #15-#18 and bring on three new to develop.

Comment

Let your kid decide. Its about fun anyways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X