Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh no! Someone on TS is calling me names. This makes me so sad.
Glad that I could help you out, dbag
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
This is a load of crap!! This is the line they sell because they have no choice. The classic spin game. They can't hold on to these players so they tell you they are happy to see them move on. And you don't get to claim D1 players that moved on to other clubs. The whole point of this line of questioning is whether or not SPOL can put a player into D1, and from your post the answer is a resounding no!
Any d1 player, in any club, will move to higher levels if the quality of the remainder of players on their team donít help them acheive their goals.
Some clubs are happy to have developed that player and wish them the best.
Sounds like your club is not one of those...shame

High level squads will attract players from every club and that is how it should work. They should be called regional. Very few clubs here have the talent to grow a team from u10 up to d1 players. Itís good luck to coaches who have the opportunity to coach these kids.

And what drives your anger for SPOL?
Did you work or play for Hamlets or Fortis?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Any d1 player, in any club, will move to higher levels if the quality of the remainder of players on their team donít help them acheive their goals.

High level squads will attract players from every club and that is how it should work. They should be called regional. Very few clubs here have the talent to grow a team from u10 up to d1 players. Itís good luck to coaches who have the opportunity to coach these kids.

This isn't about anger. The question was put forth, whether or not this club could garner D1 scholarships. The question was answered. Once again, I will call you a fool if you think clubs like saying goodbye to players...even if they are moving up. It's simply not true. It costs them money and prestige. They do not want these players to leave and they have no choice but to fake happiness about it. I know regional coaches who are pissed when kids move to the state teams and that's within the same club.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

Are you calling SPOL a "starter club"? Why don't you walk into BG's office and tell him that. Report back. Be interested to see what he says.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
This isn't about anger. The question was put forth, whether or not this club could garner D1 scholarships. The question was answered. Once again, I will call you a fool if you think clubs like saying goodbye to players...even if they are moving up. It's simply not true. It costs them money and prestige. They do not want these players to leave and they have no choice but to fake happiness about it. I know regional coaches who are pissed when kids move to the state teams and that's within the same club.
While rare, we were told that we had advanced beyond what they could offer us. So, we were welcome to stay, but to further her progress she needed to be in a higher league than they could offer at that time and in that age group (other groups happened to be OK).

I credit the club for a) Taking her that far; and b) Not trying to hold her in jail.

No, the club was not SPOL and I would say most of the TS-Slammers would be surprised which club it was.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
While rare, we were told that we had advanced beyond what they could offer us. So, we were welcome to stay, but to further her progress she needed to be in a higher league than they could offer at that time and in that age group (other groups happened to be OK).

I credit the club for a) Taking her that far; and b) Not trying to hold her in jail.

No, the club was not SPOL and I would say most of the TS-Slammers would be surprised which club it was.
I have had the same thing said to me about my kid. It was also, not SPOL. I will say that when we sat down and had the discussion, the club director flat out told us that he hated that we were moving on, but that he could no longer offer what was needed.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you calling SPOL a "starter club"? Why don't you walk into BG's office and tell him that. Report back. Be interested to see what he says.
It was. Not anymore.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:

Galway Rovers for the win.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Galway Rovers for the win.
Ha, no. Much, much, MUCH bigger than that.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
It was. Not anymore.
Still is until they can develop a higher level of play sorry to say.......had some great teams and players but as with any club if you can't offer the players a higher level then they will seek it out