Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is some of the best advice I've read in this thread. The rest of what is here is just from club jumpers who never bother to question whether their jumping is actually doing anything for their daughters. They'll never be happy because the real issue isn't their team, coach or club. It is their daughter and either her social awkwardness or her inability to play soccer well.
    Yes, you are a genius, BTDT, if you don't say so yourself. What a surprise. You're still on the theme of parents wasting energy on their untalented children.

Comment

Agree about fleeing toxic situations but it is just not as easy as you are portraying. We have found over the course of several daughters that all changing teams really does is introduce different problems, it doesn't actually solve the real problem which is really about the individual girl and her view of herself. Girls that have a strong sense of themselves do much better with that change than those who don't and all that changing teams does for an insecure young girl is exacerbate their feeling of inadequacy. This is one of those times where one should step back and ask how important soccer is and to whom.
      Wow. Your perspective is a classic example of how society enables bullies and tries to force victims into the mindset that they are the problem. Sorry but when my daughter is surrounded by *******s on the field and I am surrounded by them on the sidelines we are moving on. My daughter did not have any insecurities or socialization problems. Anything but. We moved on and found a better situation. I suspect that your reluctance to change teams is that she is on a destination team. My daughter wasn't - just a run of the mill club but even if she had been on destination team we would have changed teams just as quickly. I am not going to tell you how to raise your kid but I think it is a little bit dangerous to leave your kid in a situation where they are getting crapped on by their teammates. The heart of sports are the relationships you develop with your teammates on and off the field. One of the reasons that teams with talent perform poorly is that both parents and coaches fail to understand that talent alone doesn't produce positive results on the field. This is one of the major failings of youth soccer today - the failure to understand that development is more than about technical and tactical capabilities.

Comment

This is some of the best advice I've read in this thread. The rest of what is here is just from club jumpers who never bother to question whether their jumping is actually doing anything for their daughters. They'll never be happy because the real issue isn't their team, coach or club. It is their daughter and either her social awkwardness or her inability to play soccer well.
        Actually it is really crappy advice and probably some of the worst that has been posted here. I am guessing you did a real nice job raising children that dump all over other kids they perceive to be inferior. My question is do you still give wedgies to your underlings at work??

Comment

Wow. Your perspective is a classic example of how society enables bullies and tries to force victims into the mindset that they are the problem. Sorry but when my daughter is surrounded by *******s on the field and I am surrounded by them on the sidelines we are moving on. My daughter did not have any insecurities or socialization problems. Anything but. We moved on and found a better situation. I suspect that your reluctance to change teams is that she is on a destination team. My daughter wasn't - just a run of the mill club but even if she had been on destination team we would have changed teams just as quickly. I am not going to tell you how to raise your kid but I think it is a little bit dangerous to leave your kid in a situation where they are getting crapped on by their teammates. The heart of sports are the relationships you develop with your teammates on and off the field. One of the reasons that teams with talent perform poorly is that both parents and coaches fail to understand that talent alone doesn't produce positive results on the field. This is one of the major failings of youth soccer today - the failure to understand that development is more than about technical and tactical capabilities.
          I think you missed BTNT's punchline. He's not telling you not to change clubs. He's telling you to quit, period.

Comment

I think you missed BTNT's punchline. He's not telling you not to change clubs. He's telling you to quit, period.
            LMAO. So the socially awkward girls who can't really play soccer SHOULD keep playing soccer. That way the club's revenue keeps increasing.

Comment

LMAO. So the socially awkward girls who can't really play soccer SHOULD keep playing soccer. That way the club's revenue keeps increasing.
              Exactly, BTDT. Exactly.

Comment

How about some empirical evidence that there is a correlation between social skills and technical and tactical capability. BTDT's "feelings" don't count....

Comment

For the record. I haven't posted in this thread at all.

-- BTDT

Comment

-- BTDT
                    LOL! That's the thing about lost credibility.

Comment

-- BTDT
                      Maybe telling you the numbers of all your posts in all these threads might jog your memory? Would that be helpful?

Comment

Maybe telling you the numbers of all your posts in all these threads might jog your memory? Would that be helpful?
                        Not BTDT, but that would show me how incredibly sick and obsessive YOU are.

Comment

Sure you're not. You're just some other cluelessly and excessively self-regarding poster who decided to step into his fray. LOL!

What happened? Did NEFC higher ups finally call "him" on his viciousness and bigotries--leading him to issue all of these transparently absurd, lying disclaimers in various threads? Too late. But he's not you, so no worries for you. LOL!

Comment

So, all these new posts signed BTDT are not BTDT??? My post was directly in response to one of those.

-- Pathfinder

Comment

So, all these new posts signed BTDT are not BTDT??? My post was directly in response to one of those.

-- Pathfinder
                              Right on time, BTDT/BTNT/Heinsohn/Pathfinder. Welcome.

Comment

-- Pathfinder

Douche,

GRoW Up. Don't sign my name.

-- Pathfinder

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X