Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaches kid playing for different clubs

Should I be reading in to my club coach having their child play for a different club?

It seems weird to me that they’ve sold me on the clubs philosophy and pathway, yet their child has since gone elsewhere. It has certainly dented my belief in the coach and the program. I feel like I’ve been sold a pack of lies.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Should I be reading in to my club coach having their child play for a different club?

It seems weird to me that they’ve sold me on the clubs philosophy and pathway, yet their child has since gone elsewhere. It has certainly dented my belief in the coach and the program. I feel like I’ve been sold a pack of lies.

Yes. RI Surf has mom/dad coaches. That is never a good sign for club soccer. That should have been a red flag for you from the start.

Comment

Yes. RI Surf has mom/dad coaches. That is never a good sign for club soccer. That should have been a red flag for you from the start.
      Is this all for real?

Comment

a good coach knows the name on the front of the shirt means nothing. Coaching is everything. Find a good coach, club not really that important.

Comment

a good coach knows the name on the front of the shirt means nothing. Coaching is everything. Find a good coach, club not really that important.
          The value of good coaching can't be overestimated. However, league competition and exposure are also considerations, especially at older age groups. On the girls' side, ECNL and GA are only available at a few clubs. On the boys side, ditto with MLS academies.

Comment

You gotta know by now if your kid is playing on a team where the coaches child is on the same team that your paying club fees for town soccer. It is unprofessional for the coach to have their child on the team. Sorry. It just becomes favoritism and political. No way around it. Now if you are a pro coach your kid goes where it’s the best fit for them (which should never be your own team.) This might mean a different club. This might mean that dad coaches the boys and daughter plays for the team they should be on. I keep seeing mediocre club kids on teams that they should not be on because daddy is coach. Run from those teams. Surf is one of the clubs with this issue but I’ve seen it in Surf (boys and girls) Bayside (boys) Bruno (girls and boys) Liverpool (girls and boys.) if RI wants to be taken seriously bring in better coaches with no kids on the team.

Comment

This is a big issue at Surf. Coaches kids playing multiple teams, getting big minutes, showing up just in time for games. It is hurting the development of the players. SC created this mess. If it is going to change, they should start by getting rid of him

Comment

LOL I heard some players are leaving for Scorpions?

Comment

True. They have already left and no, not just for Scorpions. They have gone to Stars and NEFC as well. Get rid of mom/dad on the coach sideline in the premier world. It will end bad if you are not in the "inner circle". End of story.

Comment

Not surprised SC makes a big boo boo again. This is the same reasons why NEFC wanted him out the door.

Comment

This was all predicted as we watched which coaches were brought over to Surf. I could list all the coaches over there with kids on their teams. It is more political than town soccer. Shocking that the kids followed these coaches and left NEFC a credible club with a great reputation. And yes rumor has it Surf players are heading to Scorpions Taunton and back to NEFC. I hope NEFC and Bayside say nope as they come crawling back.

Comment

You gotta know by now if your kid is playing on a team where the coaches child is on the same team that your paying club fees for town soccer. It is unprofessional for the coach to have their child on the team. Sorry. It just becomes favoritism and political. No way around it. Now if you are a pro coach your kid goes where it’s the best fit for them (which should never be your own team.) This might mean a different club. This might mean that dad coaches the boys and daughter plays for the team they should be on. I keep seeing mediocre club kids on teams that they should not be on because daddy is coach. Run from those teams. Surf is one of the clubs with this issue but I’ve seen it in Surf (boys and girls) Bayside (boys) Bruno (girls and boys) Liverpool (girls and boys.) if RI wants to be taken seriously bring in better coaches with no kids on the team.
                        So for Surf it is Surf New England -- good, Surf RI -- bad. Main difference is SC pulling the strings in RI. Anything that he runs will definitely be amateur hour. He should move to the midwest before everyone knows how bad he is as a director. Heck even some of his minions are exploring other clubs.

Comment

So for Surf it is Surf New England -- good, Surf RI -- bad. Main difference is SC pulling the strings in RI. Anything that he runs will definitely be amateur hour. He should move to the midwest before everyone knows how bad he is as a director. Heck even some of his minions are exploring other clubs.
                          Sad thing is those minions don't have a half a brain.

MY, should have stayed at NEFC and taken his position as director and could have built 2x the region that SC had.

Comment

Keep crying

You guys who are complaining about SURF should quit. Your kids aren't good enough for it to matter who they play for anyway

Comment

Sad thing is those minions don't have a half a brain.

MY, should have stayed at NEFC and taken his position as director and could have built 2x the region that SC had.
                              Agree 100%. MY is the best thing RI Surf has going for it. His brother is not though as it's difficult to be a good coach when your are high as a kite.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X