Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you were happy where you were at, you wouldn’t be posting here.
    You are beyond caring about STA, you are obviously unhappy with your own choice so you need to s$it on others’.
    How so? Any posts have nothing to do with my happiness or my child. Just an observation about STA and their GA program. I actually didn't say anything negative about STA. All I did was make statement and ask a question. I Still havn't seen an answer. I would honestly think that GA teams, I guess from all clubs, would do better in an EDP tournament. Especially with mostly town teams. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I shouldn't expect better from STA. Maybe I should expect more from those town teams.

Comment

Correction: I should say "People thirsting over other KIDS' results is just fckin' weird"
      Did you ever think that alot of what is said on here has nothing to do with the kids. Most of what you see out here is calling out the clubs and people that run them. All you see is trash from many different people about Matchfit, CSA, PSA, Dynamite, etc.etc. Its not about the kids. Its about the Clubs and how they are run. Why would STA be impervious to this?

Comment

How so? Any posts have nothing to do with my happiness or my child. Just an observation about STA and their GA program. I actually didn't say anything negative about STA. All I did was make statement and ask a question. I Still havn't seen an answer. I would honestly think that GA teams, I guess from all clubs, would do better in an EDP tournament. Especially with mostly town teams. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe I shouldn't expect better from STA. Maybe I should expect more from those town teams.
        Good point one would expect that GA be much better than EDP (Even at the top level) but the facts show that it is not. Results say it all. I know they are not the whole story but how can a GA team go 0-3 in a lowly EDP tourney??

Comment

how did the other NJ based GA teams do?
          STA 07 GA - Overall Tied 3rd top bracket - 2nd in Group
          Tied Torpedoes and Lower Merion SC, Won VS CSA 07 GA then tied FC Europa 07 for 3rd

CSA 07 GA - 4th in group in top bracket - 1 goal in 3 matches
          lost to Lower Merion, STA GA and Torpedoes, won vs Wall in Consolations

SJEB Rush - 1st in top bracket
          Lost 2-0 to Wall that placed 4th in groups and lost to CSA in consolations
          Won 1-0 over Lower Merion in finals

STA 08 GA - 2nd in group, top bracket - Tied for 3rd
          Tied Wall 0-0 in group and LVU 0-0 for 3rd

CSA 08 GA - 4th in group, 2nd bracket
          Lost to North Union United 3-1
          Lost to NYRB 3-1

Combined 9 wins 6 losses 5 ties

http://events.gotsport.com/events/De...?eventid=80502

Not to good for a league trying to be "elite"

Comment

Tied Torpedoes and Lower Merion SC, Won VS CSA 07 GA then tied FC Europa 07 for 3rd

Lost to NYRB 3-1

But STA 08 didn't let up any goals! So how about that

Comment

If I ever get to the point where I am running onto message board to crap on another team, club, or league that I am not involved in, my family has the full authority to put me in a grave.
              Must be an STA Parent.

Not sure how the question craps on anyone but whatever. So if PDA went into an EDP tournament and lost (which has happened) people would be asking questions because they expect PDA to win. Did people expect STA to do better in an EDP tournament. Yes. Did they do good. No. The question should be why?

Comment

Did you ever think that alot of what is said on here has nothing to do with the kids. Most of what you see out here is calling out the clubs and people that run them. All you see is trash from many different people about Matchfit, CSA, PSA, Dynamite, etc.etc. Its not about the kids. Its about the Clubs and how they are run. Why would STA be impervious to this?
                Umm...new here?

What typically happens is someone who questions their own decisions, so in an effort to make theirs look good, they bring down others. It's a lot easier that way.

Sorry, but when I see someone posting something about some other clubs results of a game PLAYED BY KIDS, I'll call the tool a tool.

Comment

Must be an STA Parent.

Not sure how the question craps on anyone but whatever. So if PDA went into an EDP tournament and lost (which has happened) people would be asking questions because they expect PDA to win. Did people expect STA to do better in an EDP tournament. Yes. Did they do good. No. The question should be why?
                  1) Not a STA parent. Have no love for them, personally.
                  2) Only the obsessed worry about what other children's results of their activity over the weekend were.

Comment

Lost to NYRB 3-1

Really?? 07 & 08??

Sometimes just looking at the final score can't tell you which team played better soccer.
                    More often than not tells you which team has the bigger more physical kids....

Comment

1) Not a STA parent. Have no love for them, personally.
                      2) Only the obsessed worry about what other children's results of their activity over the weekend were.

How is asking a question about a clubs results obsessing over children? Isn't this forum called Talking Soccer? No kids are mentioned. So now we can't talk about results? Whats the point of this forum? Asking questions about a club's performance is normal especially for those trying to make informed decisions on where our children should play. Maybe my child plays for one of those town teams and I am looking to chose a club. Maybe I thought STA was a good choice for my kid.
                      Look on this forum for any state about any club. There is and always will be discussions around a clubs results, right or wrong. If you don't like the question, move on. Or stop reading posts on this forum. There are many other posts on here that say much worse about other clubs. Look at anything said about Match fit for Christ sake. I see some nasty things said about Match fit. Thousands of posts. But asking how a GA club is losing, or not winning, in a lower level tournament than what they are supposed to be in, somehow that is obsessing over children

Comment

How is asking a question about a clubs results obsessing over children? Isn't this forum called Talking Soccer? No kids are mentioned. So now we can't talk about results? Whats the point of this forum? Asking questions about a club's performance is normal especially for those trying to make informed decisions on where our children should play. Maybe my child plays for one of those town teams and I am looking to chose a club. Maybe I thought STA was a good choice for my kid.
                        Look on this forum for any state about any club. There is and always will be discussions around a clubs results, right or wrong. If you don't like the question, move on. Or stop reading posts on this forum. There are many other posts on here that say much worse about other clubs. Look at anything said about Match fit for Christ sake. I see some nasty things said about Match fit. Thousands of posts. But asking how a GA club is losing, or not winning, in a lower level tournament than what they are supposed to be in, somehow that is obsessing over children
                        People can't handle the fact that their kid is supposed to be on an elite team and in an elite league, but the talent on the team isn't elite. Granted, there wasn't the same amount of movement this year due to covid but I'm sure there are a ton of parents out there looking at the travel and teams and saying it hasn't been worth the upcharge.

Comment

Umm...new here?

What typically happens is someone who questions their own decisions, so in an effort to make theirs look good, they bring down others. It's a lot easier that way.

Sorry, but when I see someone posting something about some other clubs results of a game PLAYED BY KIDS, I'll call the tool a tool.
                          This is the first post:

"So was the competition this weekend too strong? I saw a bunch of town teams. You would think that tournament would be a slam dunk for GA Teams."

How was this post bringing down the Club? Its a question. So I guess we should just all be quiet when STA or any other GA clubs are not performing as expected. Notice I say as expected. Because I would expect STA to win in a tournament like that

Comment

People can't handle the fact that their kid is supposed to be on an elite team and in an elite league, but the talent on the team isn't elite. Granted, there wasn't the same amount of movement this year due to covid but I'm sure there are a ton of parents out there looking at the travel and teams and saying it hasn't been worth the upcharge.
                            Yes. ^This^ Actually the only team close to being Elite at the tourney was that MF Shore 09 team. Surprised they didn't win it in their bracket (No I am not bashing them. I would have put money on them to win) That is a talented group of girls right there

Comment

Much to do about nothing here....so GA teams did not do well against EDP teams some of which are town teams. For anyone that truly knows the youth soccer landscape they know that there are quite a few non GA teams that that can beat GA teams any given day. The problem is that the GA clubs continue to advertise that their teams are so much better so when this happens the truth kind of shocks everyone. It’s part of the business model....so if you believe it, well it must be true. Wish everyone would look at each team and club more objectively regardless of league and what is being sold to them.

Comment

But STA 08 didn't let up any goals! So how about that
                                I think the fact that they couldn't score in 2 of those games makes it worse. It isn't like Cinnaminson, Wall and NJ Premier are cream of the crop teams. All 3 play in watered down USYS Mid Atlantic conference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X