Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just stop. It’s not that deadly. I think I’ll go get some Chinese food.
    No the rate right now is about 2.5% but what is unknown is how many more get mild infections or are possibly asymptomatic. China has basically run out of tests* and nearly all infected people will only have a mild illness. That means the death rate is even lower. Really flu years still will see about .8%. Both flu and Covid hit the elderly and medically compromised the hardest. Both are highly contagious. All viruses can change over time, increasing in virility (like the 1918 pandemic did) or weaken, even disappear like SARS did. If you watched the press conference you know that it takes months to develop a vaccine, test it the produce it on a large scale.

No need to panic, but certainly stay on top of the news. Train yourself now to be better about hand washing, not touching your face etc. Whatever you do if you think you're coming down with something, do not go to work or out in public and stay away from family members. Think twice about travel to certain areas. Companies and schools should put distance work/work learning plans in place. Have a family plan (getting kids home from college?) especially if you have elderly vulnerable parents.

* the US doesn't have the capacity right now to test on a large scale which is a big problem, and some tests they had been using appear to have been faulty.

Comment

That’s why you never drink from unknown beer bottles.
      If it starts to spread in the US restaurants and other economic sectors will be devastated. You don't know who prepared your meal, poured your drink. I'm not changing anything for now but will stop in an instant if it starts showing up in bigger numbers in our area.

Comment

If it starts to spread in the US restaurants and other economic sectors will be devastated. You don't know who prepared your meal, poured your drink. I'm not changing anything for now but will stop in an instant if it starts showing up in bigger numbers in our area.
        Who prepared the mre your going to be eating?

Comment

Lol corona beer nice wordplay

Comment

Who prepared the mre your going to be eating?
            The virus only lives in surfaces for a few days at the longest. If you went to the store when things are bad, wear masks and gloves, wipe down your purchases or wait several days before using it

Comment

I'm definitely going to take my pandemic prevention advice from the Einsteins that frequent this board.

Comment

What doe not kill you makes you stronger. Natural selection going on and we think we are God trying to fix it. The earth is telling us something. Why do you think their are plagues, disease and natural disasters. The earth is changing and only the strong will survive. Deal with it and move on.

Comment

Buy trip insurance
                  useless at this point. most have epidemic or pandemic outs or "knowledge" qualifiers (i.e. you know there's an issue before you buy a ticket) - even the so-called "cancel for any reason" riders. only people who bought before late January (when epidemic acknowledged) *may* be able to cash in.

in other words, be judicious about paying for trips now. losing a deposit now if you're traveling to a hot spot is better than losing the full nut.

Comment

useless at this point. most have epidemic or pandemic outs or "knowledge" qualifiers (i.e. you know there's an issue before you buy a ticket) - even the so-called "cancel for any reason" riders. only people who bought before late January (when epidemic acknowledged) *may* be able to cash in.

in other words, be judicious about paying for trips now. losing a deposit now if you're traveling to a hot spot is better than losing the full nut.
                    Very true. Some of those trip insurance plans are worthless but if the airlines start cancelling flights you would be ok - probably a credit for future travel. Some US airlines are scaling back flights to Japan and Korea. My spouse booked a trip for spring break to take one of my kids to go look at some schools further west, but almost all the flights used miles (refundable) and all hotels and cars can be cancelled. I hate cruises anyway, but you couldn't pay me enough money to go on one right now.

Comment

What doe not kill you makes you stronger. Natural selection going on and we think we are God trying to fix it. The earth is telling us something. Why do you think their are plagues, disease and natural disasters. The earth is changing and only the strong will survive. Deal with it and move on.
                      Some truth here.

We need measures to thin the herd.

Comment

Just
                        Wash
                        Your
                        Hands

Comment

Japan closing all schools nationwide.

I know they are trying to protect the Olympics this summer, but that is extreme

Comment

Just
                            Wash
                            Your
                            Hands
                            Don't
                            Go
                            To
                            Work
                            It
                            You
                            Are
                            Sick

Comment

Japan closing all schools nationwide.

I know they are trying to protect the Olympics this summer, but that is extreme
                              Yes and no. Schools are huge viral spread risk and Japan is seeing more cases pop up. One Japanese woman either got it a 2nd time or really wasn't recovered when they thought she was. https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11944295

Comment

Are you sure YOU should be rooting for natural selection?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X