Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Immaculate cancelled game against Newtown tonight?
    Anyone know why?

Swc having a post season.

Looks like pomperaug vs notre Dame final

Any upsets anyone sees?
    No way of telling since the conference is broken up and some normally strong contenders/rivals don't face each other. The southern part is a pretty much a cake walk for ND but does that mean they're that strong?

Comment

No way of telling since the conference is broken up and some normally strong contenders/rivals don't face each other. The southern part is a pretty much a cake walk for ND but does that mean they're that strong?
      Strong enough to win that side of the bracket to make the final tho right?!

Comment

Strong enough to win that side of the bracket to make the final tho right?!
        What a joke their schedule is. If they can't make the final Wayne should hang it up. Putting up 10pts against Kolbe but barely beat Barlow?

How they set up games is so dumb. Why isn't ND playing Masuk - it's literally one town over. Why isn't Barlow playing Bethel, Masuk or Newtown - also all just one town over. I get Stratford not playing New Fairfield, but surely there was a better way than schools playing each other 3 times.

https://stats.ciacsports.com/cgi-bin/schedule-2021.cgi?school=NotreDameCatholic&sport=girls-soccer&levels=V&combine_time_results=1&show_bus_in fo=1&site=&starttoday=&today=&startmonth=&startday =&startyear=&endmonth=&endday=&endyear=&type=Game^ Scrimmage^Postseason

Meanwhile the north group is much more competitive. No Kolbes or Bullard Techs to beat up. ND won't know what hits them in the final. https://stats.ciacsports.com/cgi-bin/schedule-2021.cgi?school=NewFairfield&sport=girls-soccer&levels=V&combine_time_results=1&show_bus_in fo=1&site=&starttoday=&today=&startmonth=&startday =&startyear=&endmonth=&endday=&endyear=&type=Game^ Scrimmage^Postseason

Comment

What a joke their schedule is. If they can't make the final Wayne should hang it up. Putting up 10pts against Kolbe but barely beat Barlow?

How they set up games is so dumb. Why isn't ND playing Masuk - it's literally one town over. Why isn't Barlow playing Bethel, Masuk or Newtown - also all just one town over. I get Stratford not playing New Fairfield, but surely there was a better way than schools playing each other 3 times.

https://stats.ciacsports.com/cgi-bin/schedule-2021.cgi?school=NotreDameCatholic&sport=girls-soccer&levels=V&combine_time_results=1&show_bus_in fo=1&site=&starttoday=&today=&startmonth=&startday =&startyear=&endmonth=&endday=&endyear=&type=Game^ Scrimmage^Postseason

Meanwhile the north group is much more competitive. No Kolbes or Bullard Techs to beat up. ND won't know what hits them in the final. https://stats.ciacsports.com/cgi-bin/schedule-2021.cgi?school=NewFairfield&sport=girls-soccer&levels=V&combine_time_results=1&show_bus_in fo=1&site=&starttoday=&today=&startmonth=&startday =&startyear=&endmonth=&endday=&endyear=&type=Game^ Scrimmage^Postseason
          hate to pop your bubble but Masuk is down and even more so after they lost their best defender- its just a bad year for them i imagine every one else is normal

Comment

what the hell happened ^ there?

Comment

Teams winning 11-0 and 14-0 those coaches should be ashamed...

Comment

Teams winning 11-0 and 14-0 those coaches should be ashamed...
                We know which two weak teams you're talking about. Our coach does everything - pulls the starters after a few minutes and plays the entire bench, brings up jv players, plays keep away, even the refs give them a ton of breaks. Year in and year out I'm amazed at what great attitudes the girls at both schools have. They're smiling, having fun, not letting it get them down. It's a shame both are in the southern group this year, the northern one seems better balanced with no huge blowouts

Comment

I have a cousin who plays for Immaculate and I wanted to see her play this year. No fans allowed except immediate family. What's worse, I can't even find game summaries on-line to see how she's doing. Are papers covering high school sports or are they banned from attending?

Comment

I have a cousin who plays for Immaculate and I wanted to see her play this year. No fans allowed except immediate family. What's worse, I can't even find game summaries on-line to see how she's doing. Are papers covering high school sports or are they banned from attending?
                    media doesnt cover irrelevant teams like immaculate

Comment

Some but not much. Local papers are struggling and have slashed staff.

Ask your family if Immaculate is broadcasting games. Many schools are.

Comment

We know which two weak teams you're talking about. Our coach does everything - pulls the starters after a few minutes and plays the entire bench, brings up jv players, plays keep away, even the refs give them a ton of breaks. Year in and year out I'm amazed at what great attitudes the girls at both schools have. They're smiling, having fun, not letting it get them down. It's a shame both are in the southern group this year, the northern one seems better balanced with no huge blowouts
                        it's pretty easy not to blow up teams. anyone that doesn't know how to stop scoring is an idiot

Comment

it's pretty easy not to blow up teams. anyone that doesn't know how to stop scoring is an idiot
                          not all the time- how do you tell young eager kids or long suffering bench dwellers not to go hard when they get their chance to shine

you can drop numbers you can move people to diff positions- but all you re really doing is hurting your team- the goal in blowout scenarios is to get everyone play and to try and get something useful out of it- you are missing a day of practice

Comment

Almost all put up 7+ against both schools. Bunnell was the worst. But this isn't travel soccer any more dad.

Comment

That's why individual scoring records are a joke. Unless you have a crazy coach, you won't break records.

Comment

Anyone following the swc this year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X