Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Valeo teams may as well enjoy Maple where the whole league is sprinkled with low level town players. Soccer is a sport where it's extremely easy to dominate and look good when the opponents are not of the same skillset. Just about everyone realizes this.
    That is precisely why Maple is not looked upon as a potential scouting and recruiting point of destination.Once again, everyone know this.

Hey you said that twice, does this mean you actually believe this ? Kool-aid drinker-troll alert.

Comment

Hey you said that twice, does this mean you actually believe this ? Kool-aid drinker-troll alert.
      Original

Comment

This is false. Blazers had the top BU12 team in MAPLE last spring, and that team should be at or near the top of MAPLE's BU13 league this fall.
        Try, be at or near the middle of Maple's BU13 league this Fall. Exactly where they are.

Comment

Why does GPS always get seen as the only club with UK coaches? Stars/NEFC/Breakers all have significant non-US coaching staff.

Up until 2008, Spain had achieved pretty much zero in International soccer and then straight away, all their coaches had the soccer panacea.

The world has moved on. Internet, Social Media, Cable TV Stations devoted to all levels of the game. If you want soccer knowledge and coaching expertise, you can get it. There are few secrets any more, the difference is really how hard you're willing to work for it.
          Does anyone have a youtube video of this GPS NPL U13 team playing? I can't make it to Lancaster .

I'll write my own snide retorts... "google it yourself" ... bla bla bla

Comment

GPS is a very large club. I'm actually surprised that so many parents are willing to travel so much as this age group. Given the geographic reach of GPS (the entire state), I would say its fair to compare to an all star team from the many smaller clubs out there. Yes, they are there. That being said, this team seems to have an abundance of depth in talent.
            I wonder how long the parent are willing to drive, so their precious soccer star can be on this super gps 13 team. Would be one year wonder. Half of the kids would leave next year.

Comment

Why does GPS always get seen as the only club with UK coaches? Stars/NEFC/Breakers all have significant non-US coaching staff.

Up until 2008, Spain had achieved pretty much zero in International soccer and then straight away, all their coaches had the soccer panacea.

The world has moved on. Internet, Social Media, Cable TV Stations devoted to all levels of the game. If you want soccer knowledge and coaching expertise, you can get it. There are few secrets any more, the difference is really how hard you're willing to work for it.

I strongly suspect these comments are coming from Valeo parents. Just a hunch.

Why do you think this was from a Valeo parent? Valeo's coaches are more or less of Brazilian descent. Do you just simply group all hispanic countries together and assume that they are from Spain originally. Actually, Brazil is a portuguese speaking country.

In 1808, the Portuguese royal family fled to Brazil for sanctuary while hiding from Napoleon. The regent, Dom Joao fell in love with Brazil and humbly declared himself the country's ruler. Even after the defeat of Napoleon, the regent stayed in Brazil and became king. He declared Rio the capital of the United Kingdom of Portugal and Brazil. He was the only European monarch to rule a New World colony on its soil.

Comment

Valeo teams may as well enjoy Maple where the whole league is sprinkled with low level town players. Soccer is a sport where it's extremely easy to dominate and look good when the opponents are not of the same skillset. Just about everyone realizes this.
                That is precisely why Maple is not looked upon as a potential scouting and recruiting point of destination.Once again, everyone know this..[/QUOTE]

I hate to burst your NEP bubble, but neither of the leagues is a scouting or recruiting platform or 'destination'. Both leagues have essentially become practice fields, while the state cup, regional play, tournaments, ID camps and prospect camps are were that all happens. I suspect that high school play might bring in more college coaches than MAPLE or NEP.

Comment

Gullible Pyramid Scheme.

Comment

all threads end in Valeo

Why do you think this was from a Valeo parent? Valeo's coaches are more or less of Brazilian descent. Do you just simply group all hispanic countries together and assume that they are from Spain originally. Actually, Brazil is a portuguese speaking country.

In 1808, the Portuguese royal family fled to Brazil for sanctuary while hiding from Napoleon. The regent, Dom Joao fell in love with Brazil and humbly declared himself the country's ruler. Even after the defeat of Napoleon, the regent stayed in Brazil and became king. He declared Rio the capital of the United Kingdom of Portugal and Brazil. He was the only European monarch to rule a New World colony on its soil.
                    absurd! on all counts. rio was not even the capital. most valeo coaches are NOT brazilian.

why is it that all threads end in Valeo???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X