Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Premier Soccer

Now the former MPS has developed quite the engine and are now GPS...Global Premier Soccer. This is, in the youth soccer world, quite a successful move and position to be in. They now offer every level of soccer (except DAP) on the boys side. Your child can play at the lowest levels (below select), the select level, the elite level, or the NPL level. If he is at the NPL level then that is great and those teams will be very strong and those families will have little need to look to the Revs, Bolts, or Seacoast for soccer in the high school years. The teams train 10-11 months per year with tournaments throughout....granted many of these tournaments are GPS sponsored.

However, if you are not at the NPL level then all bets are off. No different than playing a varsity sport in college or club or intramural sport.

I look forward to seeing how the NPL teams do. I also wonder at what point will they regionalize (inter-state) the NPL teams to make mega-teams.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now the former MPS has developed quite the engine and are now GPS...Global Premier Soccer. This is, in the youth soccer world, quite a successful move and position to be in. They now offer every level of soccer (except DAP) on the boys side. Your child can play at the lowest levels (below select), the select level, the elite level, or the NPL level. If he is at the NPL level then that is great and those teams will be very strong and those families will have little need to look to the Revs, Bolts, or Seacoast for soccer in the high school years. The teams train 10-11 months per year with tournaments throughout....granted many of these tournaments are GPS sponsored.

However, if you are not at the NPL level then all bets are off. No different than playing a varsity sport in college or club or intramural sport.

I look forward to seeing how the NPL teams do. I also wonder at what point will they regionalize (inter-state) the NPL teams to make mega-teams.
    I am looking forward to the day their visas expire and they will finally go away.

Comment

Nice advertisement. You almost managed to mask it to look like an un-biased 3rd party parent wrote this, but your subtlety sucks.

Also, the vast majority of the GPS teams suck too. My kids' teams have never come close to losing to a GPS team. I think the closest game might have been a 2-0 win when playing up an age group. Don't buy the hype.

Comment

since they have so many teams, perhaps they can start yet another league called the "GPS only" elite league and play each other and tell us how great they are because they took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the league and got 9 zillion GS points for it

Comment

since they have so many teams, perhaps they can start yet another league called the "GPS only" elite league and play each other and tell us how great they are because they took 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in the league and got 9 zillion GS points for it
          This is has to be one of the best ideas to come out of TS!

Comment

This is has to be one of the best ideas to come out of TS!
            A lot of the GPS-sponsored tournaments work that way.

Comment

yes, my son gets to play in one of those labor day weekend..but somehow he doesn't play a single GPS team as they put all their U10 teams in the 6v6 divisions..but creating a league of their own would just take it to new heights

Comment

Nice advertisement. You almost managed to mask it to look like an un-biased 3rd party parent wrote this, but your subtlety sucks.

Also, the vast majority of the GPS teams suck too. My kids' teams have never come close to losing to a GPS team. I think the closest game might have been a 2-0 win when playing up an age group. Don't buy the hype.
                I agree, last season my daughters u14 team easily beat GPS in NPL and my daughters u12 team beat their u13 team in a tournament. Not very good competition that I've seen at these ages.

Comment

Sure, don't bother with DAP, where a vast majority of all Seniors go D1. Stay with GPS who has no track record at all in that department. Don't forget to mail that check. Cheers!

Comment

Sure, don't bother with DAP, where a vast majority of all Seniors go D1. Stay with GPS who has no track record at all in that department. Don't forget to mail that check. Cheers!

First, I am not advertising as my boys are not part of MPS. One plays with the Blazers and another with the Bolts. if successful (i.e. winning) then the NPL teams for GPS will take away from the DAP. There is no doubt about this. Second, do you really think that the majority of the upcoming DAP seniors will be playing soccer in Division 1? I don't doubt at all the quality of player at the DAP level, however, I don't doubt that ability for the GPS administration to successfully keep kids from going DAP with a successful NPL season. Exposure to coaching will be there.

Comment

First, I am not advertising as my boys are not part of MPS. One plays with the Blazers and another with the Bolts. if successful (i.e. winning) then the NPL teams for GPS will take away from the DAP. There is no doubt about this. Second, do you really think that the majority of the upcoming DAP seniors will be playing soccer in Division 1? I don't doubt at all the quality of player at the DAP level, however, I don't doubt that ability for the GPS administration to successfully keep kids from going DAP with a successful NPL season. Exposure to coaching will be there.
                      If you have been around awhile and look at the rosters of the U16 and above boy's you will find DAP and pre-DAP players on the top NPL teams. NEFC, GPS, have them. For the older age teams U16 and up some players who could have played DAP but want high school have ended up on NPL teams. IMO other than one or two players at the VERY most - none of these players are are impact DAP players. Too early to tell how successful the model is at the moment but will be interesting to revisit in three years and see how strong the GPS and other NPL teams teams are. GPS can and down the road will offer a GPS "national" team and that makes them unique along with Rush.

Comment

This is the usual smoke and mirrors. The GPS "national" team primarily consists of players from MA and NH.

Comment

If you have been around awhile and look at the rosters of the U16 and above boy's you will find DAP and pre-DAP players on the top NPL teams. NEFC, GPS, have them. For the older age teams U16 and up some players who could have played DAP but want high school have ended up on NPL teams. IMO other than one or two players at the VERY most - none of these players are are impact DAP players. Too early to tell how successful the model is at the moment but will be interesting to revisit in three years and see how strong the GPS and other NPL teams teams are. GPS can and down the road will offer a GPS "national" team and that makes them unique along with Rush.
                          GPS already has the "national" team model.... see their website.

Comment

GPS already has the "national" team model.... see their website.
                            I know they do but it will depend on how quickly they are able to build in other states. GPS is all very new and for now the bulk of the talent of these "national" teams come from MA and other NE states. The landscape changes so rapidly in youth soccer that in three years GPS and NPL might be very successful or it could be a total bust.

Comment

Already done. It's called NEP

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X