ISL Girls Soccer 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see how Groton matches up this year. Did not finish in the top five last year, but tied many of the good teams including Rivers, Milton, and Nobles

Comment

Nobles has a test game today. Playing Loomis Chaffee. Not an ISL match but could suggest how Nobles will stack up in league this season. Loomis beat them last year, so avenging that will be on their minds.

Comment

Nobles 3
        Loomis 2

Comment

Originally posted by Bobster View Post
          Why does a preseason poll matter? I don't know how anyone could construct such a poll.
          TDS does one:

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/high-...eason/5004/341

Updated weekly during the season.

Comment

ISL girls soccer 2014

I saw that poll. It is meaningless. It is based on last year's results. The poll won't be meaningful for a few more weeks. TDS does not know enough about these teams to do a poll. But once results start pouring in, the poll takes on meaning. last year's poll was pretty accurate toward the end of the season. I will look at the poll each week.

Comment

Rivers 2
              St. Paul's 0

Andover 1
              Loomis 1

Comment

Rivers 2
                St. Paul's 0

Andover 1
                Loomis 1
                Kudos to the St Pauls GK. That game could have easily been 5 or 6-0. Rivers completely dominated.

Comment

Nobles 4
                  WA 0

Comment

I saw that poll. It is meaningless. It is based on last year's results. The poll won't be meaningful for a few more weeks. TDS does not know enough about these teams to do a poll. But once results start pouring in, the poll takes on meaning. last year's poll was pretty accurate toward the end of the season. I will look at the poll each week.
                    I guarantee you Sheldon knows a hell of a lot more about HS soccer than you do, Bubba. He did a superb job last year, all the way through the season. And he knows the coaches, the returning players, and the gaps that need filling. Sorry if he didn't rank Bobbette's side high enough for you. But barring major injuries and / or matches decided by egregious reffing (both of which happen in the ISL and NEPSAC in general) his predictions should be pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      I guarantee you Sheldon knows a hell of a lot more about HS soccer than you do, Bubba. He did a superb job last year, all the way through the season. And he knows the coaches, the returning players, and the gaps that need filling. Sorry if he didn't rank Bobbette's side high enough for you. But barring major injuries and / or matches decided by egregious reffing (both of which happen in the ISL and NEPSAC in general) his predictions should be pretty accurate.
                      Sure he (who ever Sheldon is) does. Doubt he has even watched any of these teams play. He basically rewards schools like Nobles that run up scores on weak opponents and seems to believe that lopsided scores are a reflection of team strength. His list shows a bias towards CT schools and he also doesn't seem to understand the subtleties of the NEPSCAC classes because his list only includes the class A schools and perennial class B powers like Rivers and Govs. Where are Pingree and Brewster on the list?

Comment

Do you really think that Sheldon knows the coaches, returning players, and the gaps that need filling?

As I said before, the poll will be helpful once teams have played 4 or 5 games.

Comment

Sure he (who ever Sheldon is) does. Doubt he has even watched any of these teams play. He basically rewards schools like Nobles that run up scores on weak opponents and seems to believe that lopsided scores are a reflection of team strength. His list shows a bias towards CT schools and he also doesn't seem to understand the subtleties of the NEPSCAC classes because his list only includes the class A schools and perennial class B powers like Rivers and Govs. Where are Pingree and Brewster on the list?
                          Four of his Top 10 are CT; 6 are MA. How is that a bias?

I'd hardly call Tabor (#7 on Sheldon's list) a "perennial Class B Power". And if you seriously think Pingree or Brewster (or Winsor for that matter) could hold their own against the schools in his Top 10, you are smoking way too much medicinal marijuana. You probably think the "subtleties" of the NCAA Divisions cheats DIII Bridgewater State Football from competing with Florida State for the National Title.

Stick with your day job.

Comment

Pingree defeated Governors, tied BB&N and lost to Andover 1-0
                            Brewster defeated Brooks 2-1. After Brooks tied Tabor 2-2
                            Class C schools can and do defeat those top ten schools that you seems to think
                            are superior.
                            Will they get ranked this week?
                            If not then something is wrong

Comment

are superior.
                              Pingree and Brewster are a lot better than some of the over hyped schools out in western ma that Sheldon seems to give so much credit to.

Comment

are superior.
                                I can not find any evidence that Pingree beat Governors. I checked the past 4 seasons. Pingree has been much improved recently but I reserve judgement as to what a tie with BBN means. BBN has been near the bottom of the ISL the past 3 seasons.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X