This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you don't want to go academy, then LA plays the best brand in my opinion. My friend goes to rl and seems to like it, but I didn't think they had a good year.
    Ok thank you. I will consider playing there. I was considering nobles until I saw the score against LA. I also read the LA rivers report on the Isl website. It seemed like rivers scored on a late PK, but la seemed to hold possession . Should I consider rivers or is LA better?

Comment

Agree. They are going to be impact impact players in the ISL.
      Are one or both of them playing ISL? Which school?

Comment

Are one or both of them playing ISL? Which school?
        Nobles is what was said earlier in the thread.

Comment

Have the prep schools always recruited at this rate? It just seems to me that I hear more and more in the last couple of years about kids being offered scholarships from prep schools to play soccer. Hockey, too.

Comment

There are NO athletic scholarships in the ISL. Athletics help the kids get into the school, same way it does for the superb flute player, the minority, the kid genius, etc …

Your special talent gets you in but the financial part is needs based….

Comment

There are NO athletic scholarships in the ISL. Athletics help the kids get into the school, same way it does for the superb flute player, the minority, the kid genius, etc …

So they say.....LOL.

Comment

Amazing coincidence how the "needs based" money just happens to go to the hockey goalie from Toronto or the lefty who throws 92 or the striker who scores 30 goals.

Comment

Amazing coincidence NOT!

It is needs based period! Show me a student athlete at an ISL school who is getting $50k a year scholarship that can afford to pay on there own. If they want you and you cannot afford to pay you will get the money.

Comment

It is needs based period! Show me a student athlete at an ISL school who is getting $50k a year scholarship that can afford to pay on there own. If they want you and you cannot afford to pay you will get the money.
                    Yeah but whose "needs" are they "based" on: the student or the school's athletic program?

:)

Comment

Rivers also will be returning star outside back JS. Look for him to be an impact player next season.

Comment

Surprise Teams

Who will be the surprise teams of the ISL? What teams will have the top seniors and Juniors.
                        Leading Goalies. What teams have brought in impact players.

Comment

RUmor about Lawrence academy getting some great Bolts defender?

Comment

Academy players

What are the ISL Rules regarding Academy players. It seems that LA has quite a few Academy players that are allowed to play during the HS season. I thought that the Academies had an absolute rule that a player could not play for his HS regardless od Private or Public. Could someone clarify this. Are there different rules for different ISL schools??

Comment

What are the ISL Rules regarding Academy players. It seems that LA has quite a few Academy players that are allowed to play during the HS season. I thought that the Academies had an absolute rule that a player could not play for his HS regardless od Private or Public. Could someone clarify this. Are there different rules for different ISL schools??
                              DAP players can get waivers to play for private HS teams during the fall and rejoin their DAP teams in the spring.

Comment

what about public HS

Comment

Working...
                                X