Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hmmm. I guess you have all the excuses justified to feed into your scenario for whomever you represent or whomever you don't want to criticize. Losing records get supporters paranoid. The switch to alot foreign players is very interesting at NE.
    Someone has a huge hard on for NU. Time to move on. Obvious your kid does not play for them, not does he probably play D1. Why don't you focus on more important things in life, like where is your wife right now?

Comment

Someone has a huge hard on for NU. Time to move on. Obvious your kid does not play for them, not does he probably play D1. Why don't you focus on more important things in life, like where is your wife right now?
      My sons and daughters and wife are fine thank you (some actually played in div 1). Your insecurities are showing.

Comment

My sons and daughters and wife are fine thank you (some actually played in div 1). Your insecurities are showing.
        I don't think so. But nice comeback for a guy with major problems about NU. Wouldn't be too hard to figure out who you are.

Comment

I don't think so. But nice comeback for a guy with major problems about NU. Wouldn't be too hard to figure out who you are.
          I am just pointing out the record of NU and an obvious change in the rosters. An interesting dynamic that shows a change in the landscape of college soccer. A Boston school is being attractive to foreign players and displacing American players. Happens with hockey to some extent. NE has been a draw for bolts dap players. That may or may not continue. You want to be an internet bully by bringing my wife into it and make sutle threats that you can figure out who I am. I don't care what happens to NE but right now it looks like a slow motion crash. I could be wrong and that's fine with me. If you want to keep on cheerleading good for you. NE has some creampuffs left in their division to play.

Comment

I am just pointing out the record of NU and an obvious change in the rosters. An interesting dynamic that shows a change in the landscape of college soccer. A Boston school is being attractive to foreign players and displacing American players. Happens with hockey to some extent. NE has been a draw for bolts dap players. That may or may not continue. You want to be an internet bully by bringing my wife into it and make sutle threats that you can figure out who I am. I don't care what happens to NE but right now it looks like a slow motion crash. I could be wrong and that's fine with me. If you want to keep on cheerleading good for you. NE has some creampuffs left in their division to play.
            No, you do care, but not for their best. You also have an issue with foreign players

Comment

Well, its fair to say NU isn't doing so great right now (I'm not the OP). There's time to turn it around. Anyone who's watched the games able to comment on the effectiveness of the players? Is the problem team chemistry? The interview with BA after the loss to BU was downright depressing. Not exactly the kind of optimism needed to inspire and turn it around.

Comment

Well, its fair to say NU isn't doing so great right now (I'm not the OP). There's time to turn it around. Anyone who's watched the games able to comment on the effectiveness of the players? Is the problem team chemistry? The interview with BA after the loss to BU was downright depressing. Not exactly the kind of optimism needed to inspire and turn it around.
                I've seen them play and have several comments. Quite a few talented kids playing well and with lots of energy. More physical and chippy than I like, but that's not a problem per se. If I were to pick out problems, I would say the kids are wound up a little too tight, e.g. overhitting shots from close range that sail over the goal, hitting crosses with too much pace that forwards in the box can't get to, and corners that sail well past the far post. On D, they don't seem comfortable back there and have conceded 5 goals in the past 2 games. I think one of their starting defenders from last year transferred. Not sure why.

Comment

No, you do care, but not for their best. You also have an issue with foreign players
                  I really do not care, honest, really I don't. I Have my own team to worry about. I don't have an issue with foreign players it is just a change, as the university of Hartford is currently doing. The same type of issue happens with Canadian hockey players. foreign players fell into different slots and sometimes it was easier to get them in. Financially it may be easier to give scholarships or more difficult. For prospective players they have to realize that they are not only competing with US players but players from all over the world. the University of Hartford has Israeli national players .

Comment

Shame on NU Shame> Recruit a GREAT kid and player from Newton North and cut him during pre-season> Shame on NU Shame > Shame on you BA SHAME

Comment

I really do not care, honest, really I don't. I Have my own team to worry about. I don't have an issue with foreign players it is just a change, as the university of Hartford is currently doing. The same type of issue happens with Canadian hockey players. foreign players fell into different slots and sometimes it was easier to get them in. Financially it may be easier to give scholarships or more difficult. For prospective players they have to realize that they are not only competing with US players but players from all over the world. the University of Hartford has Israeli national players .
                      Why are you singling Hartford out? A casual glance at other local D1s (such as BC, BU, UConn, UNH, CCSU, URI, Providence, etc.) reveals similar numbers of foreign players on the roster.

Comment

NU just doesn't have the talent that other D1 schools have both locally(BC, PC, others) and of course on the National scene. Too many local recruits from the same team. A coaching change might be helpful with a different approach to recruiting.

Comment

NU just doesn't have the talent that other D1 schools have both locally(BC, PC, others) and of course on the National scene. Too many local recruits from the same team. A coaching change might be helpful with a different approach to recruiting.
                          I bet you couldn't wait to post that garbage. There are some real jack offs in our local soccer scene. Can't wait to take down their own. No wonder most of the US thinks that MA is full of *****holes

Comment

Shame on NU Shame> Recruit a GREAT kid and player from Newton North and cut him during pre-season> Shame on NU Shame > Shame on you BA SHAME
                            Who got cut. If he was recruited and signed an NLI than he could not be cut. If he was given a chance at the team by way of camp and then did not make it then he was never given a committment

Comment

Who got cut. If he was recruited and signed an NLI than he could not be cut. If he was given a chance at the team by way of camp and then did not make it then he was never given a committment
                              not the OP but I heard about this (it's a small world in MA soccer). Two former Revs players (one a frosh, one a junior?) and a few others cut. Frosh was committed. Several other new and returning players not playing at all. Supposedly a few of the cut players are playing club at NU

Comment

I have said this before, the trouble with BA at NU is that he gets paid more to be the director for the Bolts. His loyalty is with the club not NU. He spend the majority of his time with the Bolts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X