This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone know when the NEPSSA all star games are this year?
    Too early for that

Comment

Milton beat full strength LA 2-0, Berkshire beat Tired LA without AH 4-0. A milton berkshire game would be great. Lets hope they meet in the tournament
      You can't be serious...maybe if they get matched up in the first round they'll meet each other. I see a repeat of last year once Milton makes the tournament and has to play some real teams.

Comment

Seems to be early to discuss tournaments. Taking a lot for granted

Comment

correct on both counts. Even the revs don't *always* give waivers. I'm aware of one kid that got turned down last year- there may be more.

re: your statement about HS players going on to play D1 - I would argue that the % is much lower than those going to D1 from DAP. Another thing to consider is that there is a much higher injury rate in HS/ISL soccer- even in today's article they mention three major injuries in last years Rivers team alone:

RB avulsion hip fracture
          NS leg fracture
          AVS ACL tear

injuries are much more common in HS soccer than in DAP. Several of these kids will be done playing high level soccer by their sophomore year in college (if not sooner) due to injury accumulation and the complications and issues they cause.

Comment

I thought the article showed that there is more than one path to D1 top level soccer.

Comment

correct on both counts. Even the revs don't *always* give waivers. I'm aware of one kid that got turned down last year- there may be more.

re: your statement about HS players going on to play D1 - I would argue that the % is much lower than those going to D1 from DAP. Another thing to consider is that there is a much higher injury rate in HS/ISL soccer- even in today's article they mention three major injuries in last years Rivers team alone:

RB avulsion hip fracture
              NS leg fracture
              AVS ACL tear

I am sure you are correct and I am not arguing that point. Just pointing out that talented players dedicated to playing in college can do it by playing in HS and the upper levels of club soccer. If a player is really talented it won't matter if he plays DAP. They want to represent their schools and enjoy playing with classmates that have been their friends for many years.
              I would have to guess that the % of DAP players that actually go on to play all four years of college Soccer is also very low. Not sure about the injury argument as there are injuries at any level.

Comment

any good games on Wednesday?

Comment

No WNEPPSA team has played Milton yet
                  Not true. Milton beat Exeter 5-0

Comment

The ISL is a poor league with only two good teams a year that can compete with the rest of New England! History shows that but the bottom 8 of the league really suck and the next six very average but the top two as good as you'll see.. Certainly a league that is very overrated but for those that know prep soccer I got it spot on...

Comment

The ISL is a poor league with only two good teams a year that can compete with the rest of New England! History shows that but the bottom 8 of the league really suck and the next six very average but the top two as good as you'll see.. Certainly a league that is very overrated but for those that know prep soccer I got it spot on...
                      i agree entirely; you've got it spot on (altho i've heard rivers, nobles st marks may make solid runs this year). i also think the isl relative to those other ne prep league is good given size and also recruits etc.

Comment

All I know is that I will put the bottom 8 teams of the 16 team ISL against the bottom 25 teams of WNEPSSA.

Comment

All I know is that I will put the bottom 8 teams of the 16 team ISL against the bottom 25 teams of WNEPSSA.
                          like i said, you're disregarding many factors. but okay.

Comment

i agree entirely; you've got it spot on (altho i've heard rivers, nobles st marks may make solid runs this year). i also think the isl relative to those other ne prep league is good given size and also recruits etc.
                            Based on early results you can probably take St Marks out of the equation unless they have had a bunch of early injuries. MX could be a factor??

Comment

Not true. Milton beat Exeter 5-0
                              Exeter is not in WNEPSSA

Comment

As weird as it is, Andover and Exeter are now WNEPSSA as of this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X