Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazing in College Soccer

the past few weeks there have been some pretty big accusations of hazing in women's college soccer. It didn't happen where I went to college, but I know some former club teammates who were hazed as freshman. i'm curious to see how many other college or former college athletes encountered hazing. Some of these accusations really blow my mind, and I think there is absolutely no place for this in college athletics. If you aren't aware of these incidents, this article details them pretty well: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...azing-problem/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    the past few weeks there have been some pretty big accusations of hazing in women's college soccer. It didn't happen where I went to college, but I know some former club teammates who were hazed as freshman. i'm curious to see how many other college or former college athletes encountered hazing. Some of these accusations really blow my mind, and I think there is absolutely no place for this in college athletics. If you aren't aware of these incidents, this article details them pretty well: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...azing-problem/
    Looks like Needham has some competition

Comment

Looks like Needham has some competition
      I had the same thought. I can't understand how a coach in this day and age doesn't step in and make sure that this stuff is not acceptable. If nothing else they should be fired for stupidity.

Comment

Here is another incident that popped up this week down at Clemson

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1934730

Comment

My daughter was involved in some post-season activities as a freshman (involving alcohol) that I think would fall into the hazing category. She didn't mind; thought it was "fun."

HOWEVER, being the participant is different from being the instigator and she will be told in no uncertain terms that she is NOT to be involved in any such activities with the new freshmen - under threat of forced withdrawal from school.

Comment

holy crap! obama ought to send the drones to this place - they're worse than ISIS. These "coaches" should be in jail and the kids suspended/kicked out in the least. Unbelievable this happens.

Comment

Hazing was all the rage in the 90's and for the most part was innocent fun. Allowing your teammate to hit a wall is just stupidity! There are no regulations that can stop stupidity!

Comment

Hazing was all the rage in the 90's and for the most part was innocent fun. Allowing your teammate to hit a wall is just stupidity! There are no regulations that can stop stupidity!
                The problem is that the "STUPID" didn't stop at the student level (where some level of stupid immaturity is to be expected), the stupid extended up into the adults on staff (coaches and trainers) that are SUPPOSED TO KNOW BETTER.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X