Sam Hewat-Phillips Academy-Colorado College
    Max Montanari-Aztecs-Babson
    James Rosso-MPS Crusaders-Babson
    Alex Becker-MPS-Ithaca
    Chris Walker-Jacks-CC -Hobart
    Josh Voto-FC Stars-Tufts
    Ben Sia-FC Stars-Babson

Comment

uhhh NPL is wrong, other than that good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        uhhh NPL is wrong, other than that good job!
        What do I need to fix? TIA

Comment

Looks like a good year for Phillips. How many of these are PGs or repeat-a-years?

Comment

I notice a number of top D3 commits missing for Bolts and Revs players. Not mine to announce, but am wondering where these lists are coming from. Are Revs and Bolts only announcing D1?

Comment

I notice a number of top D3 commits missing for Bolts and Revs players. Not mine to announce, but am wondering where these lists are coming from. Are Revs and Bolts only announcing D1?
              In my experience, Revs and Bolts don't announce much of anything. The primary source of info here is ESPN Rise and word of mouth. D1 tends to process much earlier than D3 and the D3 folks tend not to report this as often, so D3 often comes from various sources. BTW Blazers do have info. The list will continue to grow, especially at the D2/D3 level. Check the 2011/2010 lists. I'm the OP for all three.

Comment

Jack Vogel-Nobles-Blazers-Middlebury

Comment

Whoever is posting these commitments - please stop. I know for a fact that some of them are wrong and could hurt the players involved.

Comment

Whoever is posting these commitments - please stop. I know for a fact that some of them are wrong and could hurt the players involved.
                    Just for the record, I know for a fact that the one above is correct. Congrads JV!!

Comment

The recruiting process is very puzzling. Getting a feel for where peers are going and when they signed was very helpful to me. You are an individual. If you want one name removed, please indicate the initials and it is done. College officials would never regard a list like this to be truly accurate, given how it is compiled.

Comment

Just for the record, I know for a fact that the one above is correct. Congrads JV!!
                        Can you shut up? thanks.

Comment

Can you shut up? thanks.
                          Different poster. Why did this annoy you so much? I assume only reason person wrote it was because initial announcement was followed immediately by the post saying some info in the thread is wrong.

Some are very protective about their names going out there, probably, typically, the most elitist and narcissistic of the bunch. Their lives are way too important and valuable to subject to a list. Take themselves quite seriously. The info actually is helpful to some as they try to gauge where they might fit and what might be realistic for them.

Comment

Limited data would suggest 2012 is at least a marginally better year than 2011s. Similar elite D3 commitments but way more DI Ivy commitments (not hard since there were none in 2011). Some of these kids clearly are older (again), so assuming that makes some difference and the prep school stereotype seems quite alive and well.

Comment

Different poster. Why did this annoy you so much? I assume only reason person wrote it was because initial announcement was followed immediately by the post saying some info in the thread is wrong.

Some are very protective about their names going out there, probably, typically, the most elitist and narcissistic of the bunch. Their lives are way too important and valuable to subject to a list. Take themselves quite seriously. The info actually is helpful to some as they try to gauge where they might fit and what might be realistic for them.
                              Why would the narcissistic be protective of their names and accomplishments? Also, in regards to prospective players wanting to gauge where they stand: I can understand that. I simply don't want them to use the wrong information to gauge themselves.

Comment

I think the "damage" is overstated. College coaches are not checking the postings of Talking Soccer to see where recruits or potential recruits are headed. They speak amongst themselves about recruits.

" This forward verbally committed to us."
                                " He visited our school and is looking at x, y & z."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X