Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Democrats Just Create a Problem with Soccer Moms and Dads?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Democrats Just Create a Problem with Soccer Moms and Dads?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/did-dem...ds-11558385818

Every Democrat in the House chamber on Friday voted for the appealingly titled “Equality Act.” But next year Democrats are likely to find that support for the bill among swing voters is far from unanimous.

“I implore my colleagues to listen to the stories of every stakeholder here, including the transgender girls and boys this bill is meant to help — because we may be hurting them by allowing doctors to prescribe hormones and perform major surgeries on adolescents without parental consent or involvement.” - Representative Doug Collins of Georgia, the ranking Republican on the Judiciary Committee

"The bill purports to protect LGBT Americans like me by prohibiting discrimination... On the surface, this sounds unobjectionable — after all, no one deserves to face discrimination. Yet the bill defined “public accommodations” so loosely and called for regulations so sweeping that it would crush religious freedom and radically reshape American society. For example, the Equality Act undermines the 1993 Religious Freedom Restoration Act, which established a balancing test for religious freedom claims. It established a process for the litigation of discrimination grievances, where religious employers could appeal if found responsible for an offense and their actions could be fairly evaluated.
    This helped ensure that reasonable invocations of religious freedom are permitted, such as a private, Catholic school only wanting to hire teachers who live in accordance with biblical values, but blatant discrimination, such as a grocery store randomly firing someone for being gay, is not. Yet in any of these situations, the so-called Equality Act would mandate that an LGBT person’s claim wins by default — therefore not ensuring equality but elevating their rights over those of religious Americans." - Brad Polumbo writes in USA Today

Libertarians and social conservatives aren’t the only ones expressing reservations. Duke law professor and former track athlete Doriane Coleman, tennis legend Martina Navratilova and four-time Olympic gold medalist Sanya Richards-Ross wrote about the bill last month in the Washington Post. They urged lawmakers to amend the bill in order to protect women’s sports and specifically to maintain the law known as Title IX, which has been interpreted to require educational institutions that receive federal money to provide separate programs and opportunities for females. “This is necessary because sex segregation is the only way to achieve equality for girls and women in competitive athletics,” wrote Mses. Coleman, Navratilova and Richards-Ross. The three athletic stars added:

In its current form, the Equality Act would do significant damage to Title IX and to the Amateur Sports Act, which governs sports outside of educational settings. The new legislation would amend the 1964 Civil Rights Act by redefining “sex” to include “gender identity.”
    ...a sports team couldn’t treat a transgender woman differently from a woman who is not transgender on the grounds that the former is male-bodied. Yet the reality is that putting male- and female-bodied athletes together is co-ed or open sport. And in open sport, females lose.
    The authors then explained the implications of allowing people born male to compete against females:

Team USA sprinter Allyson Felix has the most World Championship medals in history, male or female, and is tied with Usain Bolt for the most World Championship golds. Her lifetime best in the 400 meters is 49.26 seconds. In 2018 alone, 275 high school boys ran faster on 783 occasions. The sex differential is even more pronounced in sports and events involving jumping. Team USA’s Vashti Cunningham has the American record for high school girls in the high jump at 6 feet, 4½ inches. Last year just in California, 50 high school boys jumped higher. The sex differential isn’t the result of boys and men having a male gender identity, more resources, better training or superior discipline. It’s because they have androgenized bodies.

Thanks liberals .You just screwed over your own daughters ,who play sports .Congrats one more nail in the coffin of true equality.

Comment

Insanity. Call it what it is. The left wants to destroy normal society to accommodate a few kids who would have been called mentally ill a couple of decades ago. No, biological women can't compete with biological men in a number of physical activities, including sports. This was common sense 20 years ago, 50 years ago, 100 years ago,but Idiocracy seems to have hit us early and the left wants to ignore basic science FACT in favor of identity politics.

Between this BS about potentially allowing a genetic male to compete with genetic females in sports and the latest "Adversity Score" for the SAT where the College Board will now make up the race gap in test scores by adding an Adversity score based on "demographic, neighborhood and school factors" for disadvantaged kids, it's a race to the bottom. Didn't anyone tell them the SAT has been an "objective" measure of college preparedness for the last 100 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Thanks liberals .You just screwed over your own daughters ,who play sports .Congrats one more nail in the coffin of true equality.
        Goodbye, College scholarships , Club teams and GDA.

Keep supporting Democrats and this will be the future.

Comment

My Boy's gonna start for the Brown University Women's Soccer Team.

Comment

Goodbye, College scholarships , Club teams and GDA.

Keep supporting Democrats and this will be the future.
            Hmmm...the demise of the pay-to-play system and “elite” clubs and leagues...maybe I should call my representative to support this. It might just save soccer here.

Comment

From this day forward my son will identify as a female American Indian.

Comment

My Boy's gonna start for the Brown University Women's Soccer Team.
                He won’t make that team either. He sucks.

Comment

Why not? His parents already identify as racist a-holes.

Comment

He can run for president!

Comment

He can run for president!
                      All the qualifications he'll need!

Comment

All the qualifications he'll need!
                        Especially when you consider the current idiot we have in the White House. Lock him up!

Comment

He won’t make that team either. He sucks.
                          She won't make the team you mean. And yes...she probably is not good enough

Comment

She won't make the team you mean. And yes...she probably is not good enough
                            It’s your “boy”, you tell me.

Comment

Hmmm...the demise of the pay-to-play system and “elite” clubs and leagues...maybe I should call my representative to support this. It might just save soccer here.
                              Are you kidding? This opens up the door for yet more leagues that can charge even more money for yet another niche.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X