Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of NPL

With the start of two ECNL teams coming this fall, what does this mean for NPL level players?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    With the start of two ECNL teams coming this fall, what does this mean for NPL level players?
    ECNL regional league is just a new name for the NE NPL.

Comment

ECNL regional league is just a new name for the NE NPL.
      so nothing to do with the current new npl? thank you

Comment

so nothing to do with the current new npl? thank you
        Depends on what NPL you are referring to?

New England NPL has seen most clubs’ top teams move to other leagues (with some spare players remaining in NPL)

Northeast NPL essentially was just whacked because those teams are now in the Second ECNL League

So for many clubs you will see anywhere from their 2nd to 4th (or even 5th) best teams participating

Comment

Depends on what NPL you are referring to?

New England NPL has seen most clubs’ top teams move to other leagues (with some spare players remaining in NPL)

Northeast NPL essentially was just whacked because those teams are now in the Second ECNL League

So for many clubs you will see anywhere from their 2nd to 4th (or even 5th) best teams participating
          5th? What are you smoking?

Comment

ECNL A & B (1&2)
            ECNL Regional (3)
            NPL Northeast (4)
            NEP NPL (5)

Comment

The previous poster is not far off. Stars have teams in NEP NPL B in most age groups. Those teams are the 4th team at Stars.

Comment

ECNL A & B (1&2)
                ECNL Regional (3)
                NPL Northeast (4)
                NEP NPL (5)
                My understanding is that there will be one ECNL National team and the second team plays in ECNL regional. NE NPL would be 3. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

My understanding is that there will be one ECNL National team and the second team plays in ECNL regional. NE NPL would be 3. Correct me if I’m wrong.
                  For Stars, there will be 2 ECNL teams per age group as there are now. The 3rd team would be ECNL regional. Northeast Npl will not exist—it’s now the ECNL Regional League.

Comment

For Stars, there will be 2 ECNL teams per age group as there are now. The 3rd team would be ECNL regional. Northeast Npl will not exist—it’s now the ECNL Regional League.
                    2 teams per age group in both ECNL and ECNL Regional so 3rd and 4th teams are ECNL Regional.

Comment

2 teams per age group in both ECNL and ECNL Regional so 3rd and 4th teams are ECNL Regional.
                      Very few clubs would have that many teams. Almost all clubs only have one national ECNL team and will only have one regional team, even when they have two national teams. Since the regional teams are just a rebranding of the current NE NPL teams and that group was self contained there isn't a real impact on the other NPL groups in terms of competition. However, with the introduction of GDA there has been a weakening of the other NPL teams as both ECNL and GDA pluck players out of NPL. GDA has also taken some NPL clubs as well

Comment

Same clubs. Same players. Different labels. This is just a marketing rebrand.

Comment

Northeast NPL will be rebranded as ECNL Regional
                          New England NPL A will become second team league except for a few original clubs (Bayside, GPS and Aztecs). NPL B league will continue to be rotating teams.

Comment

It’s all about numbers. There are two ECNL clubs in MA. Stars and Scropions. Stars has far more players than Scorpions. Same with PDA vs other NJ/NY clubs. PDA has far more players. So Stars and PDA get two ECNL teams in the ECNL National league and two ECNL teams in the ECNL Regional league. The rest of the ECNL clubs get one per league per usual. The two teams come from the same club, yet are treated as two different clubs by the ECNL. So Stars East and Stars West are two different clubs. PDA has PDA White and PDA Blue. People get all worked up about A team and B team when going forward it’s supposed to be two separate clubs. I’m sure that the stronger players will be on East, however I’m guessing the teams will be slightly more equal as time goes on.

Now my issue will be with player development and a chance to move up. That’s virtually non-existent now until tryout time. Once on East or West that’s where you stay. No moving mid-year. So no moving from team 2 to 1 or vice versa like before when an NPL player could guest play with ECNL if they deserved some time. This will still happen with other clubs of course that only have one ECNL and ECNLR team. My daughter benefitted from this in the past and was able to move up from NPL to ECNL with Stars because she improved. Now a player like her will be trapped.

Now with Stars team 3 will be under team 1 on the East side and team 4 will be under team 2 on the West side. Not fair for a player from team 3 to guest play on team 1 over players on team 2 and not fair for players from team 4 to guest play on team 2 over team 3. Not sure what they will do in this situation. But, then again, life’s not fair.

Comment

ECNL has turned into just another watered down league. Just with more travel. Too bad to watch it fall so far so fast.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X