X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2234995]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I agree with this. I also think if MJ could keep his "coaching" instructive, it would be more successful across the board. It's when his temper gets the best of him (often) when coaching becomes berating and all instruction is lost. (And kids, in my experience, don't always pick up the point when they are being called names.)
    I know it's getting close to recruiting season so the lies are rampant, but:
    1. Never seen him coach with an XBOX remote, but I have heard things like "We need to do..."
    2. Never heard name calling or berating. I have heard him hold players accountable when they aren't playing up to their potential.
    3. I have seen him "lose his temper" and get ejected for defending his players when the referee didn't.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2235951]

I know it's getting close to recruiting season so the lies are rampant, but:
      1. Never seen him coach with an XBOX remote, but I have heard things like "We need to do..."
      2. Never heard name calling or berating. I have heard him hold players accountable when they aren't playing up to their potential.
      3. I have seen him "lose his temper" and get ejected for defending his players when the referee didn't.
      Heard him berate and humiliate an opposing player throughout the game. This usually happens when his team is not winning.

He's kind to you if he needs you, you are expendable if not. Half of the GPS club will be gone after state cup. His 03s sill remain the same. He has no job, leverage, or selling point without them. He treats them well.

He has also accumulated more points through cards this year in OYSA than any other coach in the state at any age or gender. This found on the scheduling site. There are many wats to protect kids or defend them, getting kicked out of games hardly does either.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236179]

Heard him berate and humiliate an opposing player throughout the game. This usually happens when his team is not winning.

He's kind to you if he needs you, you are expendable if not. Half of the GPS club will be gone after state cup. His 03s sill remain the same. He has no job, leverage, or selling point without them. He treats them well.

He has also accumulated more points through cards this year in OYSA than any other coach in the state at any age or gender. This found on the scheduling site. There are many wats to protect kids or defend them, getting kicked out of games hardly does either.
        I originally posted that I liked that he addresses girls mistakes during games, and he is in no way similar to an Xbox remote. He coaches my dd and I have no complaints and can only pause him for his involvement in each girls success. There are no favorites and playing time is equal which means he has faith in every one of his players something I've never seen a coach accomplish! If we as parents are happy with his coaching then why all the hate? Let the man do his thing!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236284]
          I originally posted that I liked that he addresses girls mistakes during games, and he is in no way similar to an Xbox remote. He coaches my dd and I have no complaints and can only pause him for his involvement in each girls success. There are no favorites and playing time is equal which means he has faith in every one of his players something I've never seen a coach accomplish! If we as parents are happy with his coaching then why all the hate? Let the man do his thing!
          If you are ok with a coach repeatedly getting ejected for any reason, including “defending his players,” you are a huge part of the problem. What lessons are your child learning from this coach?

When things don’t go your way it’s ok to throw a tantrum.
          Sometimes adults lose control and get kicked out of places where they are supposed to be in charge.
          When you face adversity, it’s because the other team plays dirty or the refs have it in for you.

News flash. It’s not just about soccer. Your kid is learning lessons from her coaches, teammates, and opponents. These lessons will be carried with her for life and shape how she handles conflict and challenges in school, work, and personal relationships.

So again, if you’re ok with your kid learning that it’s ok to throw a tantrum when things don’t go her way, that as an adult sometimes she can lose control to the point of being asked to leave school or work, and that challenges and failures aren’t opportunities to learn and grow but instead are to be blamed on cheating by others - if you are ok with your kid learning those life lessons, well, then you are certainly part of the problem.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236292]

If you are ok with a coach repeatedly getting ejected for any reason, including “defending his players,” you are a huge part of the problem. What lessons are your child learning from this coach?

Sometimes adults lose control and get kicked out of places where they are supposed to be in charge.
            When you face adversity, it’s because the other team plays dirty or the refs have it in for you.

News flash. It’s not just about soccer. Your kid is learning lessons from her coaches, teammates, and opponents. These lessons will be carried with her for life and shape how she handles conflict and challenges in school, work, and personal relationships.

So again, if you’re ok with your kid learning that it’s ok to throw a tantrum when things don’t go her way, that as an adult sometimes she can lose control to the point of being asked to leave school or work, and that challenges and failures aren’t opportunities to learn and grow but instead are to be blamed on cheating by others - if you are ok with your kid learning those life lessons, well, then you are certainly part of the problem.
            My dd has been on his team for 4 years. He has been red carded twice in that time. And they play lots of games.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236295]

My dd has been on his team for 4 years. He has been red carded twice in that time. And they play lots of games.
              People will think of anything to throw stones at someone or something they dislike out of jealousy or spite. Mj wouldn't have so much support if any of us felt our daughters learning experience was being threatened in any way. It's their problem not ours.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236292]

Blah blah blah

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236179]

I am a parent of a GPS player who is not on the prized 03 team and this post is spot on.

Comment

LOL, I have two daughters both have played for about 10 years. Multiple games most weekends. Never have one of there coaches been red carded and thrown out. But that was funny. 2 times in four years and your braging.... LOL

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236298]

People will think of anything to throw stones at someone or something they dislike out of jealousy or spite. Mj wouldn't have so much support if any of us felt our daughters learning experience was being threatened in any way. It's their problem not ours.
                      Jimmy Jones said. " step right up and drink this cool aid, it won't hurt ya"

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236302]

LOL, I have two daughters both have played for about 10 years. Multiple games most weekends. Never have one of there coaches been red carded and thrown out. But that was funny. 2 times in four years and your braging.... LOL
                        Exactly. I’ve had kids playing club soccer for over a decade and in that entire time I’ve seen exactly one coach (not my kid’s) get a red card. They are supposed to be professionals. Sounds like yours isn’t very professional.

Comment

Per the OYSA website, 10 red cards were handed out in winter league. 5 of them went to GPS coaches and players - all 03 team related (one went to an 03 player playing on their 01 team). If you can defend that, you are completely clueless.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236303]

Jimmy Jones said. " step right up and drink this cool aid, it won't hurt ya"
                            Wasn’t the word of the year “complicit”? The parents of MJs 03s are the definition of

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2236305]

Per the OYSA website, 10 red cards were handed out in winter league. 5 of them went to GPS coaches and players - all 03 team related (one went to an 03 player playing on their 01 team). If you can defend that, you are completely clueless.
                              This coach has had more red cards in the last five years than all the other coaches combined.

Comment

The parent or parents on here defending Coach Red Card are a shining example that winning makes us willing to overlook almost anything. Sad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X