Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unless you are a member of this team or a parent of a member of this team, keep your nose out of other teams and peoples business. Worry about your own kid and there team for once.
    We attended because that school was on our list. Totally wrote it off. So, I am worrying about my kid. Thanks but no thanks. Don't need the venom in the stands or the locker room. This is what they (the members of the team and the current parents) are doing to potential candidates.

Comment

Probably true. Those I sat next to in the stands that were bashing the coach and the kids were that one specific club's parents. Some bashing had kids not playing so that was the root of most of it. Oh, and the team was winning when this was taking place.

I said loudly to the person I was with that if you didn't like the coach and the other kids, why would any parent agree to allow their child to attend? It quieted some for a short period of time.
      This isn't just confined to BC. Same sort of malcontents from the same club are in the stands at Brown as well. The specific club is a hotbed for malcontents because it hard sells dreams that aren't realistic. They literally draw in all the delusional nutjob parents from all of the clubs looking for the greener grass. It's no surprise those sorts carry on the way they do once their kids get to college. It's the personality type.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        This isn't just confined to BC. Same sort of malcontents from the same club are in the stands at Brown as well. The specific club is a hotbed for malcontents because it hard sells dreams that aren't realistic. They literally draw in all the delusional nutjob parents from all of the clubs looking for the greener grass. It's no surprise those sorts carry on the way they do once their kids get to college. It's the personality type.
        I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I looked at the roster, and all the local girls, mostly from Stars but also from NEFC, have been playing at BC. There is a freshman goalie who has not, but that is not a surprise. At Brown, there is one girl, again who is playing, who played for both NEFC and Stars. Again, your point other than create a false narrative and stir the pot to mislead others?

Comment

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. I looked at the roster, and all the local girls, mostly from Stars but also from NEFC, have been playing at BC. There is a freshman goalie who has not, but that is not a surprise. At Brown, there is one girl, again who is playing, who played for both NEFC and Stars. Again, your point other than create a false narrative and stir the pot to mislead others?
          I think the point is either Stars or NEFC has crappy parents and players who can't seem to break into the starting lineup in college. Wonder which club is worse?

Comment

Pathetic is you worrying about a team you have nothing to do with. Go take your jealousy back to your lowly meaningless program.
            LOLZ. Little high on yourself considering your kid isn't getting playtime. Tell you what, we'll all continue to read, post and do what we want and you can go FOAD, how about that?

As to our "lowly, meaningless program", my kid has no desire to go to BC after 11 years of Catholic education, but if this is the type of parent and family that BC attracts, I'm glad she is going elsewhere. We're perfectly happy with her choice and it's a decent program. You do remember that college is supposed to be about that degree, right?

Comment

Look again. Go back over the past 4 years and sort the stats by minutes. It will pop out who is discontent.

Comment

Look again. Go back over the past 4 years and sort the stats by minutes. It will pop out who is discontent.
                Sorry, pal. I don't have time for that sh** when it's not my kid. If that's how you want to spend your time, go for it, but it sure doesn't make you look very good.

Comment

Sorry, pal. I don't have time for that sh** when it's not my kid. If that's how you want to spend your time, go for it, but it sure doesn't make you look very good.
                  but you have time to be mouthy about protecting a bunch of whiny pissant parents?

Comment

but you have time to be mouthy about protecting a bunch of whiny pissant parents?
                    Anyone else feel sorry for this person? Imagine going back four years to figure out playing time for a kid who is not your own. And that slight took just under 10 seconds.

Comment

Anyone else feel sorry for this person? Imagine going back four years to figure out playing time for a kid who is not your own. And that slight took just under 10 seconds.
                      It is astounding at the amount of time that people invest in these things. It's like they are professional bloggers. And I agree, not worth it. The point was made several posts prior. There are kids that aren't getting or didn't get playing time and their parents were spouting off about it and trashing the coach and team.

Parents. The reason I stopped coaching. I loved working with the kids. The parents were just too much. Not all, but some. And, those few were doosies; lacked boundaries. It was enough for me to just say thanks but no thanks. I know of another former coach that got a restraining order against a parent who was way over the top. Sad by true.

Comment

This parent (who went back 4 years) may be a restraining order candidate. Definitely loco.

Comment

This parent (who went back 4 years) may be a restraining order candidate. Definitely loco.
                          They did it to call out the other parents who are complaining. I agree both bad, but maybe this parent wants the others to stop their bad behavior as it's obviously having a negative impact on how the team is viewed by outsiders. I would strongly suggest otherwise if my kid wanted to go check out BC. It's not a culture I think would benefit her. Part of the college experience is hanging with your teammates off the field. Seems like there are members (players and parents) that you just can't trust and would throw a kid or another parent under the bus in a heartbeat hoping it will get their some playing time or elevated status of some sort. And, it is laughable because this is a catholic school. Catholic teachings are that of compassion, empathy, kindness, love, patience and more. If they took their fingers out of their ears, they would learn this.

Comment

They did it to call out the other parents who are complaining. I agree both bad, but maybe this parent wants the others to stop their bad behavior as it's obviously having a negative impact on how the team is viewed by outsiders. I would strongly suggest otherwise if my kid wanted to go check out BC. It's not a culture I think would benefit her. Part of the college experience is hanging with your teammates off the field. Seems like there are members (players and parents) that you just can't trust and would throw a kid or another parent under the bus in a heartbeat hoping it will get their some playing time or elevated status of some sort. And, it is laughable because this is a catholic school. Catholic teachings are that of compassion, empathy, kindness, love, patience and more. If they took their fingers out of their ears, they would learn this.
                            Not for nothing, but a true Catholic should always be weary of a Jesuit.

Comment

It's KB

Comment

It's KB
                                It's more than one person. based on the responses and posts, it's several. Who else do you suspect?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X