Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That was an ID day. Went to that too. Regular tryouts in June, at the main location in Epping, absolutely come with a $20 charge. Easily found on the website registration form. But hey, they do give you a "free" t-shirt.
    Yep, they do charge for tryouts in Epping, but not at any of the sattellite locations and no clubs are allowed to charge for DA ID sessions. While I certainly don't like the idea of tryout fees, Seacoast does do a very good job of spelling out the tuition and what's included in their contract, so no nickle and diming, forced fundraising, or mandatory camps that I've heard some clubs do.

Comment

Guess they are looking more for profits than players ..... NEVER!!!
      $BePartedWithIt

Comment

That was an ID day. Went to that too. Regular tryouts in June, at the main location in Epping, absolutely come with a $20 charge. Easily found on the website registration form. But hey, they do give you a "free" t-shirt.
        OK...my bad. I thought the ID camp was a tryout (that's how it was pitched on their website).

Comment

Yep, they do charge for tryouts in Epping, but not at any of the sattellite locations and no clubs are allowed to charge for DA ID sessions. While I certainly don't like the idea of tryout fees, Seacoast does do a very good job of spelling out the tuition and what's included in their contract, so no nickle and diming, forced fundraising, or mandatory camps that I've heard some clubs do.
          I can appreciate not nickel and diming...my kids current club gets us for two forced fundraisers, summer camps and ridiculously priced kits. Learned my lesson...avoid the cheap backpacks and pants.

Comment

OK...my bad. I thought the ID camp was a tryout (that's how it was pitched on their website).
            If you went to the ID day, and they thought highly enough to offer you something, you likely wouldn't need to go to a tryout later.

So, it is a tryout.

Comment

Camp is in the fees for our club. We have one fundraiser for the scholarship fund, but everything else is in the yearly fee.

Comment

The clubs that charge are local small clubs and/or town travel teams. They do it because they would have a lot of people sign up and not show up. The fee is a way for them to ensure those who register will likely show. It’s unheard of at the big clubs.
                A few years ago when I was the president of a town youth soccer association, we charged for town travel tryouts for the very reason stated above.....WAY too many signups who never showed up, as we were just their "backup"......

However, we weren't trying to make $$$, any player who was placed and chose to play for one of our town teams had the the tryout fee credited towards their tuition

Comment

I have seen it in town travel where they claim to be bringing in an "independent evaluator" in order to provide the appearance of fairness (as if the club president/coach/manager, etc doesnt let the evaluator know who their kids are that are already on the team).

Comment

Hockey always charges. $100:plus. I see the good and bad. Removes the back up back up tryouts.

Comment

Hockey always charges. $100:plus. I see the good and bad. Removes the back up back up tryouts.
                      Hockey is understandable, given the rink time.

Doesn't Seacoast own the Epping facility?

Comment

A few years ago when I was the president of a town youth soccer association, we charged for town travel tryouts for the very reason stated above.....WAY too many signups who never showed up, as we were just their "backup"......

However, we weren't trying to make $$$, any player who was placed and chose to play for one of our town teams had the the tryout fee credited towards their tuition
                        In the past, my family has been paid $$$ to attend tryouts. Is this common?

Comment

Our ECNL club charges for tryouts. Keeps out the riff raff. If you have to pay you won't go unless you have a legit shot at making it.

Comment

Our ECNL club charges for tryouts. Keeps out the riff raff. If you have to pay you won't go unless you have a legit shot at making it.
                            That is silly. You are trying to attract the best players to build your team and you need to cast a wider night. One night of screening all players (you can filter top third and bottom third of new players pretty quickly) and 2nd and 3rd night are invites only.

Comment

That is silly. You are trying to attract the best players to build your team and you need to cast a wider night. One night of screening all players (you can filter top third and bottom third of new players pretty quickly) and 2nd and 3rd night are invites only.
                              It's ECNL. No need to cast a net, they fight them off like mosquitoes..........

Comment

And they keep them all no throw backs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X