Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you and continued success to your son-hard work almost always pays off.
    Thanks! Who knows how far soccer will bring him but he's enjoying every minute now. Working through adversity made him a stronger person and I appreciate your kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      One of the policies/procedures that I will continue to enforce strongly is the policy of not discussing playing time with parents or other players. Lineups, rotations, and individual playing time may seem strange to you while sitting in the stands, but please remember that playing time is not just a “quick decision” for any coach.

For me, choices concerning playing time and lineups are made in an extremely thought out and carefully balanced manner. All decisions are made through an analysis of the following: what’s best for the team; which rotations “work” together and which ones don’t; players’ personal strengths and limitations (physical, mental, emotional); positional needs; player tendencies; opponents’ tendencies; the team’s long term goals; practice attendance; effort level and practice. Ultimately, it comes down to this question; “What is in the best interest of the team?” As you can see, I’m certainly using a great deal of data in making rotation and playing time decisions. Please remember this as a parent and fan. With this being said playing time decisions are the sole responsibility of me, the coach, and will not be discussed with parents.

Should a player seek to discuss playing time issues with a coach, he may do so by talking with a coach before/after practice. Before or after a match is never an appropriate time to discuss playing time, as comments made during the heat of the moment may be largely inappropriate or hurtful. Neither players nor parents should discuss another player with a coach, as that act could be harmful to team unity and loyalty.

Non State Cup or Region 1 Games:
      1. Develop Players
      2. Everyone plays, but not equal
      3. Play to win

State Cup or Region 1 Games:
      1. Play to Win
      2. Playing time is not equal

So coach, will you stop coaching the other 3 teams you have and focus your attention to our team? Has to be tough coaching 60 players...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X