• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Warrick Dunn
    Cal Ripken

Comment

Cal Ripken
      Warrick Dunn possibly. I know he is doing good works now, but who knows about his personal life? Cal Ripken is interesting. Good baseball player but only gained super notereity because of the streak. The streak btw is the most meaningless accomplishment in all sports. Rich man showing up to play baseball for however many games it was. He was just lucky not to sustain an injury or sickness...just luck. Many people make it to work for 2000 plus days w/o missing a day.
      Can you come up with any current athlete that is under the scrutiny that exists today?

Comment

I so agree with all this. People who haven't followed this so-called "Deflate-gate" have NO idea what has come of this after the initial nonsense allegations. The judge in this case basically laughed Goodell out of the courtroom as being a complete and total moron. I'm actually embarrassed for the people who applaud that clown Goodell for his good work in trying to destroy the reputation of a decent and respectable player in the league (although of course people all have their faults)... Goodell who ignored a woman abuser... Goodell who has ignored the issues surrounding concussions in football... And there are fools out there giving high fives and go-get-'em comments to this guy. So pathetic.
        Roger Goodell, what a disgrace this man is. Senators son who was a gopher in the Jets organization. Talk about having your life gift wrapped and handed to you. This guy isn't fit to be an elementary school principal (no offense intended to principals). He gets payed tens of millions to "guard the shield". What a joke, all he does is tarnish it.

Comment

Warrick Dunn possibly. I know he is doing good works now, but who knows about his personal life? Cal Ripken is interesting. Good baseball player but only gained super notereity because of the streak. The streak btw is the most meaningless accomplishment in all sports. Rich man showing up to play baseball for however many games it was. He was just lucky not to sustain an injury or sickness...just luck. Many people make it to work for 2000 plus days w/o missing a day.
          Can you come up with any current athlete that is under the scrutiny that exists today?
          Stephen Curry

Comment

Nah, I'll pick another person for my kids to look up to.
            How about letting your kid pick there own. And lets hope it would be someone who has accomplished something more important than: kicking, throwing, catching or carrying a ball.

Comment

Stephen Curry
              Give it time. Just entered the super star realm.
              Is he self made like Brady or is he the product of growing up in the NBA. Of all the names you have provided, with the possible exception of Jeter, none have come close to Brady's accomplishments.

Comment

Is he self made like Brady or is he the product of growing up in the NBA. Of all the names you have provided, with the possible exception of Jeter, none have come close to Brady's accomplishments.
                Brady was self-made? Tell us another one uncle JimBob.

Comment

Brady was self-made? Tell us another one uncle JimBob.
                  Enlighten me. What opportunities were provided to him that he didn't work for, earn, win due to his own perseverance?

Comment

Roger Goodell, what a disgrace this man is. Senators son who was a gopher in the Jets organization. Talk about having your life gift wrapped and handed to you. This guy isn't fit to be an elementary school principal (no offense intended to principals). He gets payed tens of millions to "guard the shield". What a joke, all he does is tarnish it.
                    It's actually disgusting. The saddest part is that there are so many shallow Patriots haters out there that they now kiss this guys bottom because he strongly pursued Brady. Forget all about the other terrible things Goodell has done in the past... Now, he's great because he has been tough on Brady for a total non-issue. Crazy.

Comment

Enlighten me. What opportunities were provided to him that he didn't work for, earn, win due to his own perseverance?
                      Let's just say I don't think Tom has done a lot of suffering in his life. Very privileged background and in the right place at the right time.

Comment

Let's just say I don't think Tom has done a lot of suffering in his life. Very privileged background and in the right place at the right time.
                        Do you mean being at the bottom of the draft and being the fourth string QB was being in the right place? Why did he get put in when Bledsoe got hurt? Do you think it was luck?
                        Well off perhaps, but I've never heard that he had a privileged childhood.

Comment

Do you mean being at the bottom of the draft and being the fourth string QB was being in the right place? Why did he get put in when Bledsoe got hurt? Do you think it was luck?
                          Well off perhaps, but I've never heard that he had a privileged childhood.
                          Yes, very privileged.

Look, he's good looking and has a nice manner in interviews. He knows how to project modesty and say the right things. A phenomenal QB and career.

But let's not lie about the guy.

-- Left his gorgeous girlfriend with a baby for a gorgeous narcissistic bag of air

-- Cheats

-- Focused on his modeling, hair, and image

-- Supports Trump (says a lot really)

-- Doesn't have half the character that Peyton has

Comment

Yes, very privileged.

Look, he's good looking and has a nice manner in interviews. He knows how to project modesty and say the right things. A phenomenal QB and career.

-- Left his gorgeous girlfriend with a baby for a gorgeous narcissistic bag of air

-- Cheats

Okay, I was willing to entertain your baseless argument but you have clearly lost touch with reality. The National Enquirer isn't the best source for keeping yourself informed.

Comment

Yes, very privileged.

-- Cheats

The same Peyton who settled a sexual harassment suit for misconduct at UT? The same guy who let his wife hang in the wind for the HGH? The guy who sought out the Papa John's guy before shaking anyone else's hand? The guy who dropped Budweiser twice in his post game speeches, and although it was stated that he did not get paid, he does have investments with beer distributors. I will take Brady any day.

Comment

Joe Montana

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X