Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't forget about the $0.99 coffee at Cumberland Farms! Choices, Choices, Choices. Something for everyone.
    lol of course! My office has coffee for free but it's undrinkable :) But as consumer it's a my choice based on taste, price value, convenience, etc. Soccer is no different. And if a business doesn't meet customer needs they either have to change or they go out of business. Soccer works that way too.

Comment

Sorry that you don't have a lot of extra disposable money.

GPS has worked very well for us. To be honest, I haven't felt the need to start price shopping for my kids soccer club. He's happy and developing at GPS. We love his coach. It's 15 minutes from my house and I know I save a ton of gas money and valuable time by staying where he is happy as opposed to dragging him all over the place. If anything changes, we'll make a move, but for now, things are great. Thanks for caring about how I choose to spend my money... but rest assured, we're good. :)

Comment

lol of course! My office has coffee for free but it's undrinkable :) But as consumer it's a my choice based on taste, price value, convenience, etc. Soccer is no different. And if a business doesn't meet customer needs they either have to change or they go out of business. Soccer works that way too.
        The free coffee, forgot about that. Its interesting in that club soccer has evolved over the past 10 years or so and the ulittles starting out in the early 2000s when club soccer made its name have finally cycled through the maze and have moved on. Its a good data set to evaluate if parent/player expectations were met and if the train stayed on the track the whole time. I know some parents that were happy with the way it transpired and ultimately ended, many others were not as happy and were just glad it finally came to an end. I think we have a really good mix of soccer clubs out there with something for everyone. But I do fear uncontrolled growth and oversaturation, similar to the golf boom a decade ago.

Comment

There's always room for Dunking Donuts and Starbucks. Both sell coffee and other things. One is on every corner, a bit cheaper and you get what you pay for. But for many it works for them. The other you won't find everywhere, doesn't appeal to everyone and some just can't afford it.
          Right, and for some reason I don't feel compelled to tell someone where they ought to go to get their morning coffee. Why do people feel they need to tell other people where to spend their soccer budget (or even worse, give them guidlines on what their soccer budget should be)?

Comment

Right, and for some reason I don't feel compelled to tell someone where they ought to go to get their morning coffee. Why do people feel they need to tell other people where to spend their soccer budget (or even worse, give them guidlines on what their soccer budget should be)?
            Because the vast majority of people feel the same as you - how people want to spend their own money is their business. Even if you think they are foolish let them be foolish; their choice.

But there's a certain frequent poster who wants to be knighted for TS sainthood for regularly imparting his wisdom

Comment

Ya but they have those unbelievable Bayern jerseys... lol

They had lower level teams at their own Thanksgiving tournament who were not able to field 11 players.

Leadership is making bank off of families who are blindly writing checks and don't even know who their coach is each week

Comment

Again, why do you care? I mean, the only explanation is jealousy, which seems odd

Comment

i would like a parent to respond who is on their 200 terrible teams, not the same coach who keeps responding on behalf of GPS. How are u so blind, its fascinating

Comment

i would like a parent to respond who is on their 200 terrible teams, not the same coach who keeps responding on behalf of GPS. How are u so blind, its fascinating
                    What club does your kid play for?

Comment

Troll

Comment

I'm here, what would you like to know? Why are we pumping money into GPS?

*Team is based in my home town, so it's convenient. I have little desire to drive an hour for practice 2-3 times/week.
                        *Town travel team is a substantial step down in quality, where coaches are essentially team moms
                        *Almost all of her schoolmates and friends play for them. So, there is a huge social factor, along with logistical factor.
                        *She loves her coach, and all the coaches associated that she sees at camps, when assisting, etc.
                        *Her game has improved beyond belief in the few years she's been there. No expectations on what the future holds, but I can't deny they have helped her.
                        *I can afford it

I'll ask you a question: Why do you care?

Comment

I am a happy GPS parent. I previously posted anonymously in this thread, and now I'm signed in. My D started with GPS in Fall 2014 on North u12 team which I assume is included in your terrible 200. Coaching throughout year was fantastic (EC and RE). As a then 6th Grader, she practiced 2 miles form our house, played with her friends, made new friends, and the team improved throughout the year finishing atop their bracket in NEP.
                          https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...r=Girls&Age=12

Furthermore multiple deserving girls were given opportunities to practice/play with NPL team throughout winter/spring. Some earned roster spots for Fall 2015. We got EVERYTHING we had hoped for in GPS. Quality, Convenience, Camaraderie, and Improvement.

What is more fascinating, is envisioning what GPS must have done to you?
                          Previous posters ask great questions - why are our choices such a concern of yours? If you think you are on the right side of a trade, why not smile?

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post
                            I am a happy GPS parent. I previously posted anonymously in this thread, and now I'm signed in. My D started with GPS in Fall 2014 on North u12 team which I assume is included in your terrible 200. Coaching throughout year was fantastic (EC and RE). As a then 6th Grader, she practiced 2 miles form our house, played with her friends, made new friends, and the team improved throughout the year finishing atop their bracket in NEP.

Furthermore multiple deserving girls were given opportunities to practice/play with NPL team throughout winter/spring. Some earned roster spots for Fall 2015. We got EVERYTHING we had hoped for in GPS. Quality, Convenience, Camaraderie, and Improvement.

Previous posters ask great questions - why are our choices such a concern of yours? If you think you are on the right side of a trade, why not smile?
                            I love this post and the one prior. Good for you guys. I'm one of the Scorpion Dads writing about how much my daughter loves her coach and teammates, and we've never met "FM" or any of the club muckety mucks.

When it works for the individual kid, parents should stick with it and be loyal to it. Whether that's GPS, Scorpions, Stars or whomever, great to hear it's working.

Comment

Ya but they have those unbelievable Bayern jerseys... lol

They had lower level teams at their own Thanksgiving tournament who were not able to field 11 players.

Leadership is making bank off of families who are blindly writing checks and don't even know who their coach is each week
                              Love those Unis. The custom fatheads came out great (cuz I can afford it).
                              How's the Hyundai?

Comment

Originally posted by Yablu View Post

Well said Yablu, it doesn't matter what club you are at as long as your child is developing both on and off the field. Instead of people always throwing daggers to promote their own agenda/club, how bout you take it in and enjoy watching your child develop, because it won't last forever.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X