Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are people pumping money to GPS

From each age of say 15 teams, 14 are terrible - why would anyone pay so much money - crazy country

agree

I agree, they are making millions and teams so bad

Comment

GPS owns you.
      Instead of just being happy wherever you are, you are so envious of GPS that you actively post against them on TS. That's a lot of jealousy.

Here is why we went to GPS: Convenience, Coaching, Potential for Upward Mobility
      Here is why we stay at GPS: Upward mobility realized, Coaching is fantastic, Team is fantastic (even you point out the top team is good), and most importantly the Parents get along - which is a differentiator. Couldn't be happier.

Comment

GPS=Quantity over quality

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          From each age of say 15 teams, 14 are terrible - why would anyone pay so much money - crazy country
          We are very happy at GPS with two players there. Why don't you worry about your own player / club.

Comment

I have looked all around and can't find a GPS college placement list. Help? Do they do anything to help ? Who is their go to coach in recruiting process

Comment

I have looked all around and can't find a GPS college placement list. Help? Do they do anything to help ? Who is their go to coach in recruiting process
              Well, GPS won't extend their help if your kid is not college soccer worthy. In other words, if they suck. In reality, just a small percentage are good enough to play collegiate soccer. So, there might not be a "go to coach" in your case.

Comment

The brothers were smart enough to realize that parents with money would rather say "my kid plays for gps instead of saying ,my kids plays for xxx youth soccer association"

Rich folks can say to their club country friends that they help sponsor poor unemployed kids from England.
                It is a win win for all parties.

Comment

The brothers were smart enough to realize that parents with money would rather say "my kid plays for gps instead of saying ,my kids plays for xxx youth soccer association"

Rich folks can say to their club country friends that they help sponsor poor unemployed kids from England.
                  It is a win win for all parties.
                  This is the strangest comment... "Rich folks" with their "country club friends"? My kids have played for 3 different clubs over the course of 10 year (combined) and I definitely don't see gps as the go-to "rich folks" club? Odd to me to hear people say this. I guess it goes to show you how everyone's situation and experience is so different from others. It's actually confusing to me... The other 2 clubs that I have been a part of most definitely had more of the "country club" feeling associated with it. Confusing...

Comment

This is the strangest comment... "Rich folks" with their "country club friends"? My kids have played for 3 different clubs over the course of 10 year (combined) and I definitely don't see gps as the go-to "rich folks" club? Odd to me to hear people say this. I guess it goes to show you how everyone's situation and experience is so different from others. It's actually confusing to me... The other 2 clubs that I have been a part of most definitely had more of the "country club" feeling associated with it. Confusing...
                    gps is by far the most expensive - also they have way more terrible teams than everyone else.

Look at u15 and u16 boys - has anyone played their select teams and people aer paying 2500 for that - omg

Comment

gps is by far the most expensive - also they have way more terrible teams than everyone else.

Look at u15 and u16 boys - has anyone played their select teams and people aer paying 2500 for that - omg
                      Got to love the GPS money machine - probably making more than all the other clubs combined

nefc much cheaper

Comment

What club does your kid play for?...what age group also so we can checkout their team.

I am willing to bet the team is not the best around. LOL

Comment

Got to love the GPS money machine - probably making more than all the other clubs combined

nefc much cheaper
                          NEFC families I know pay the exact same amount. $2,500.

Comment

There's always room for Dunking Donuts and Starbucks. Both sell coffee and other things. One is on every corner, a bit cheaper and you get what you pay for. But for many it works for them. The other you won't find everywhere, doesn't appeal to everyone and some just can't afford it.

Comment

There's always room for Dunking Donuts and Starbucks. Both sell coffee and other things. One is on every corner, a bit cheaper and you get what you pay for. But for many it works for them. The other you won't find everywhere, doesn't appeal to everyone and some just can't afford it.
                              Don't forget about the $0.99 coffee at Cumberland Farms! Choices, Choices, Choices. Something for everyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X