Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    She could have only scored in the 80th percentile on SATs as well. Elite athletes get special treatment as far as admissions go as long as they can meet the bare minimum. No way she gets in if not a NT athlete but that's how the system works.
    and the obsession continues....

Comment

All of you are way off base. A link was posted for most of these outstanding players, and the link included a gpa. No nefarious explanation needed. And I doubt anyone would have blinked if the parent hadn't bragged so much about academic prowess so much before. I mean, geez, just a few weeks ago he was making excuses for a 3.6. Still think must have been a typo.

Comment

All of you are way off base. A link was posted for most of these outstanding players, and the link included a gpa. No nefarious explanation needed. And I doubt anyone would have blinked if the parent hadn't bragged so much about academic prowess so much before. I mean, geez, just a few weeks ago he was making excuses for a 3.6. Still think must have been a typo.
        Yes it was nefarious, idiot! Anyone that purposely highlights a kids GPA to prove somehow that she's not that smart is an a-hole. I'd be happy with a 3.2, but your use of nefarious obviously makes you pretty smaht, right?

Comment

Yes it was nefarious, idiot! Anyone that purposely highlights a kids GPA to prove somehow that she's not that smart is an a-hole. I'd be happy with a 3.2, but your use of nefarious obviously makes you pretty smaht, right?
          To be fair, he used to insist that a 3.2 at an elite college would be a near-catastrophe. Just sayin'.

Comment

It's "you're". As in don't act like a 3.2 would be possible for you if you're unable to use proper grammar.

Comment

She could have only scored in the 80th percentile on SATs as well. Elite athletes get special treatment as far as admissions go as long as they can meet the bare minimum. No way she gets in if not a NT athlete but that's how the system works.
              You are all guessing about the player's academic record based upon a tidbit in a press release but no one really knows what the situation is and the simple fact is unless the Duke SID is lying the girl is going Duke and that is all that really matters. Apparently that pisses some of you off which is pretty sad actually. This player is just another example that shows that the specially talented people get special treatment and the average talented people are never going to be able compete with them because the playing field is not level and no amount of parental wishful thinking or obscene spending will level that playing field.

Comment

This is not about the girl. It's about her dad and people who hate him and hold him accountable for the years of talking a big game.

I have always thought he is full of it, since his postings about telling his older daughter that if she wasn't playing for a DI scholaship she simply was wasting time. But for adults to not be able to separate the accomplishments of this young woman without being tainted by her dad's ego and self importance...that is embarrassing.

Congrats to all these young ladies.

Comment

You are all guessing about the player's academic record based upon a tidbit in a press release but no one really knows what the situation is and the simple fact is unless the Duke SID is lying the girl is going Duke and that is all that really matters. Apparently that pisses some of you off which is pretty sad actually. This player is just another example that shows that the specially talented people get special treatment and the average talented people are never going to be able compete with them because the playing field is not level and no amount of parental wishful thinking or obscene spending will level that playing field.
                  Thanks, btnt.

Don't ever use soccer get into a better college. Wait..what, I mean the opposite. I'm soooooooo confused!

Comment

Not a places like Duke. UNC yes. Duke no.

Comment

or have family members who went there, legacy families play a part too

Comment

If this is accurate, I fear our friend's discussion about being able to juggle a rigorous course load with a "full time job" will become a pipedream without UNC like help!
                        You people still don't know how this works. Once at Duke she will be spoon fed everything she needs to pull a high GPA despite all of her soccer commitments. In reality having all this support should make college easier than high school.

Comment

Playing for a crappy team and in a crappy league... and going 6-10...

I like MKM but her fall season is pretty weak and she wins this award by default as the USA Today loves to make a big deal about a multiple year winner blah, blah, blah...

She's a great player on NEFC but may struggle against the ACC teams with plenty of defensive speed.

Comment

Playing for a crappy team and in a crappy league... and going 6-10...

I like MKM but her fall season is pretty weak and she wins this award by default as the USA Today loves to make a big deal about a multiple year winner blah, blah, blah...

She's a great player on NEFC but may struggle against the ACC teams with plenty of defensive speed.
                            Her team was crappy. But the league is top notch.

Comment

Her team was crappy. But the league is top notch.
                              And you're talking about RI in her case. Who's a better player there?

Comment

And you're talking about RI in her case. Who's a better player there?
                                My kid!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X