• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So it's closer to 3.2
    Maybe her SATs are very high.

Comment

You really have to take a Fred pill dude. I highly doubt he is posting about the gpa of a player. In fact, I doubt a coach is posting it. Defintely a parent. And a parent from the team that the 3.1 gpa plays on who has seen the college brochures. No one else would know.

As an aside, although I wish them the best, odds are only one will succeed with PT there at least at the center forward position. Duke recruits blue chip top scorers each and every year. One injury or scoring slump and the person behind you gets the opportunity.Best of luck to them though.
      One will succeed and the other will come to BC to fill the void Mack the Knife is going to leave next year.

Comment

How does one get accepted to Duke with a 3.1 Average
        Does anyone attend public school anymore?

Comment

You really have to take a Fred pill dude. I highly doubt he is posting about the gpa of a player. In fact, I doubt a coach is posting it. Defintely a parent. And a parent from the team that the 3.1 gpa plays on who has seen the college brochures. No one else would know.

As an aside, although I wish them the best, odds are only one will succeed with PT there at least at the center forward position. Duke recruits blue chip top scorers each and every year. One injury or scoring slump and the person behind you gets the opportunity.Best of luck to them though.
          Yes, and his name is Perspective.

Comment

Does anyone attend public school anymore?
            My thoughts too upon reading these names.

Comment

Yes, and his name is Perspective.
              The man is a total A S S.

Comment

No, it's pretty clear that Fred is behind all of this NEFC player bashing. His MO is always all over it. He's been all over these two NEFC kids plus the one from WH for years now. That is a very big reason why the guy shouldn't be anywhere near children. Just a bad person.

Comment

The question was asked because the grades were in the Player of the Year profiles. The question was sincere and wasnt a dig in anyway. The answer is probably, she had very high SAT scores. Good for her.

Comment

The question was asked because the grades were in the Player of the Year profiles. The question was sincere and wasnt a dig in anyway. The answer is probably, she had very high SAT scores. Good for her.
                    More like, her grades reflect the fact that she misses a lot of school due to her NT commitment.

Comment

Since when is a B/B+ average considered poor? Particularly when they are from an academically challenging school?

Comment

Since when is a B/B+ average considered poor? Particularly when they are from an academically challenging school?
                        Getting into top schools is more challenging than ever before. I went to a top 10 school and honestly I wouldn't get in today. My wife does interviews for the school (we met there) and she is blown away by the resumes of many of the kids she meets. Then there's more international students vying for spots as well. Without something truly special, as in this case, a typical B+ student is unlikely to get into Duke.

In this case the student has reasons and yes was at a challenging school. However, in college she will have the same NT constraints plus D1 soccer (lots of travel) and college professors who won't be as accommodating as in HS. I wish her all the best but it will be a challenge for anyone in that position

Comment

Neither of the forwards can match the pace Duke played at this year. They will need to adjust or maybe move to another spot. They both are very tough kids, so I have no doubt that they're up for the fight.

Comment

Neither of the forwards can match the pace Duke played at this year. They will need to adjust or maybe move to another spot. They both are very tough kids, so I have no doubt that they're up for the fight.
                            And how do you know what the plan is for any player going into college next year, never mind the three going to Duke? Robbie Church knows what he is looking for in players. If he recruits them he isn't bringing them in to be just practice players.

Comment

No, it's pretty clear that Fred is behind all of this NEFC player bashing. His MO is always all over it. He's been all over these two NEFC kids plus the one from WH for years now. That is a very big reason why the guy shouldn't be anywhere near children. Just a bad person.
                              You are pathetic muppet, but hey keep on thinking what your thinking.

Comment

Getting into top schools is more challenging than ever before. I went to a top 10 school and honestly I wouldn't get in today. My wife does interviews for the school (we met there) and she is blown away by the resumes of many of the kids she meets. Then there's more international students vying for spots as well. Without something truly special, as in this case, a typical B+ student is unlikely to get into Duke.

In this case the student has reasons and yes was at a challenging school. However, in college she will have the same NT constraints plus D1 soccer (lots of travel) and college professors who won't be as accommodating as in HS. I wish her all the best but it will be a challenge for anyone in that position
                                She could have only scored in the 80th percentile on SATs as well. Elite athletes get special treatment as far as admissions go as long as they can meet the bare minimum. No way she gets in if not a NT athlete but that's how the system works.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X