Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revs will not field U12 DAP.

What they will do is poach your best players at U13 when your DAP ceases. Silly MA clubs.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What they will do is poach your best players at U13 when your DAP ceases. Silly MA clubs.
    It's been clear for a while they would not participate. What you call poaching others would call aggregating. MLS team is a draw for top players. Poaching implies forcing someone into something. If the other DA clubs had something better to offer players would stay.

Comment

Isn't this what the big European clubs do? Have smaller clubs develope players then around 13-14 get them to come play for them. Good business save money on the younger ages and focus on the older groups.

Comment

Isn't this what the big European clubs do? Have smaller clubs develope players then around 13-14 get them to come play for them. Good business save money on the younger ages and focus on the older groups.
        No, that's not what they do

Comment

No, that's not what they do
          Of course many European clubs do this. They continually add and drop players.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/ma...er-t.html?_r=0

Comment

Originally posted by forcepush71 View Post
            Of course many European clubs do this. They continually add and drop players.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/ma...er-t.html?_r=0
            What quality club wouldn't? Just because you started there at a young age doesn't guarantee you a spot until you're 18. And some kids just peter out as their peers surpass them technically or physically.

I don't blame the Revs - they have made it clear they don't like spending any money. The current system is working for them, and being the only MLS option East of NYC means they hold all the cards. Besides, would anyone claim they are good at "developing" players? I don't think I would. Because they are serial aggregators, if I had a kid that age I'd get him well trained elsewhere before deciding on moving to the Revs when he's older.

Comment

USSDA U12 List of new club adds...

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2016...2016-17-season

Comment

Scholarship question?

So they're contributing $1,000,000 to the 56 new U12 programs.

That's 56 x 26 kids per club which equals 1456 players.

Here's the sentence I'd like clarification on:

"Over 600 players will receive scholarships to contribute to their club, while over 400 players in the Academy will be able to play cost-free."

Does that mean 400 will play "cost-free" and another 600 will get a partial scholarship?

Comment

Yes.
                  The question is in New England, how much money a player needs to pay for this U12 DA program?

"Over 600 players will receive scholarships to contribute to their club, while over 400 players in the Academy will be able to play cost-free."

Does that mean 400 will play "cost-free" and another 600 will get a partial scholarship?

Comment

That's how I interpreted it

Comment

Read VERY carefully just after that - the exact line says "In total, the clubs have committed over $1 million to players in this age group." So in other words the CLUBS are giving so many full or partial scholarships. This isn't US Soccer subsidizing those scholarships but coming out of club's bottom lines. Nor does it say the time commitment - very likely it's spread over multiple years. A step in the right direction but let's not pretend this will dramatically alter the pay-to-play system

Comment

Read VERY carefully just after that - the exact line says "In total, the clubs have committed over $1 million to players in this age group." So in other words the CLUBS are giving so many full or partial scholarships. This isn't US Soccer subsidizing those scholarships but coming out of club's bottom lines. Nor does it say the time commitment - very likely it's spread over multiple years. A step in the right direction but let's not pretend this will dramatically alter the pay-to-play system
                        So in the end, the lower level teams will subsidize the DAP team which is no surprise. Financially that really is the only way it will work.

Comment

So in the end, the lower level teams will subsidize the DAP team which is no surprise. Financially that really is the only way it will work.
                          And there will be a central place to scout talent . Say good bye to mom and pop clubs.

Comment

No surprise at all. Will be the same with girls DA. Need to have multiple profitable teams to cover the loss (or maybe break even) on DA teams. In other words they'll have to be big. That's why I'm not so sure all boys DA clubs are thrilled about girls. Take a smaller DA club like Oakwood - I think they only field one team per age group outside of DA. How can that cover the subsidies of TWO DA programs?

Comment

The Ne Revolution are in fact assembling a 2004 team (U12). I am in the loop, as they say.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X