Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting that you obviously can't answer the question. Could it be that if it were that simple no one would need to travel all over the country chasing exposure and that would hit a number of posters right in the pocket?
    You are just so beyond, beyond tiresome.

Never said I said choose a lot of travel. And for the ones who do travel (including your team) I don't think the chance to travel or even recruitment per se is the reason they go along. I'm sure most would agree to less travel. But, as for you, you've told us ad nauseum how incredibly difficult "the process" is, and how you need to keep posting your disparaging nonsense over and over just in case some newbie is overwhelmed by the unbelievable difficulty of the process and they might by chance listen to your rantings.

Does it bother at all you that your Dad at over 80 still has much better things to do with his life than you do?

Comment

What is so difficult about figuring out the couple of schools that are going to work and going right to them? Beats the hell out of flying all over the country hoping some random coach will have some sort of an epiphany.
      That's all well and good, but, at least from my kids' recruiting, many coaches have specifically cited demeanor and ability to handle to adversity in games. You are not going to face adversity at a clinic or camp and if you are on some sort of regional dream team you are not going to face it either.

Comment

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
        Here is a great article about what the national team and top tier college programs are looking for in a player. http://goalnation.com/women-in-socce...r-on-scouting/.
        Thanks for the link. Interesting that selectors look for dynamic players. Defined as "A dynamic player can solve pressure with their 1st touch and are effective running with the ball."

Top teams are not solely filled with players that can run with a ball. In fact, many of the best holding mids, central defenders, and even target forwards run with it very little. A team needs these skills to complement the runners.

Often the focus of selectors is on runners first, whether they can control a ball or not. When kids I coach head to ODP and other ID events I always advise them to pump their arms, show effort, and run fast. Even if it isn't their game. Those that don't aren't selected.

A team of runners is usually awful to watch. They don't understand the flow and pace of a game, when to slow down and when to speed up.

Comment

That's all well and good, but, at least from my kids' recruiting, many coaches have specifically cited demeanor and ability to handle to adversity in games. You are not going to face adversity at a clinic or camp and if you are on some sort of regional dream team you are not going to face it either.
          Which coaches are you talking about, some coach on the west coast or one around here where your child will likely play? If it is around here there are plenty of opportunities for them to see the things you cite. The average ECNL/NPL team now has a league footprint that almost certainly encompasses where most players from around these parts are going to chose to go to college.

You seem to have the mechanics of recruiting backwards. If you are going out there trying to get player's demeanor or their ability to handle adversity noticed in the hopes of starting a dialogue with some coach you will probably find that it result in just a costly fishing expedition. Typically one doesn't travel to far flung locations hoping some random coach will notice those sorts of characteristics because those characteristics are usually on the "scouting report" most coaches start with to decide if they are even interested in watching a player play. Words like "good motor" or "tough player" are just a few that coaches like to hear but that doesn't mean they go to some tournament hoping to spot it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X