Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Damn you US Soccer! I specifically planned the birth of my daughter for late August so she could be one of the bigger and faster kids in her age group. Now that she has to go to a calendar year that advantage is neutralized.
    Ha. I know this is facetious, but still funny.

My daughter is an August '05, and while could play on the U-10's, she is rostered more consistently on the U-11's. Most of her classmates were on the U-11's anyway.

She does double-roster and plays down to U-10 on occasion when asked, but it's not helpful for her at all.

Comment

I do know a few parents who held their boys back a year for sports (I kid you not. Swear. Heard it straight from their mouths). None of them are soccer players (hockey, football, needless to say were big bruisers through middle school but are mostly averaged sized now). Holding back for academic/maturity reasons is one thing. Doing it so your smaller kid will be "bigger" for sports or have some "advantage" is insane.
      More than a few. Closer to 70 % of summer birthdays in many affluent towns. Sure some say academics/maturity. Entire A travel basketball teams are kids born summer before. At least soccer has limits.

Comment

Ha. I know this is facetious, but still funny.

My daughter is an August '05, and while could play on the U-10's, she is rostered more consistently on the U-11's. Most of her classmates were on the U-11's anyway.

She does double-roster and plays down to U-10 on occasion when asked, but it's not helpful for her at all.
        Your kid is U10 and you read this cesspool of a site?

I feel bad for her.

Comment

More than a few. Closer to 70 % of summer birthdays in many affluent towns. Sure some say academics/maturity. Entire A travel basketball teams are kids born summer before. At least soccer has limits.
          Yup, there are a few boys on my son's travel basketball team that fit this. One has a wealthy psychopathic set of parents (they take turns getting tossed out of bball courts) and I can imagine they held him back for exactly this reason.

Comment

I feel bad for her.
            Why? I'm sure she't not reading anything here

Comment

held my son back because he was dumb as a rock. he stinks at soccer and is still academically challenged. at least he doesn't get beat up.

Comment

I do know a few parents who held their boys back a year for sports (I kid you not. Swear. Heard it straight from their mouths). None of them are soccer players (hockey, football, needless to say were big bruisers through middle school but are mostly averaged sized now). Holding back for academic/maturity reasons is one thing. Doing it so your smaller kid will be "bigger" for sports or have some "advantage" is insane.
                If your red-shirted child does better in school and better on the sports teams, the greater the chance of getting into a better college.

I think it is smart not insane.

For the record, Fessenden starts their kids 6 months late

Comment

If your red-shirted child does better in school and better on the sports teams, the greater the chance of getting into a better college.

I think it is smart not insane.

For the record, Fessenden starts their kids 6 months late
                  There's a mountain of research showing most kids even out academically by 3rd grade unless they have learning issues (went through this debate with one of our late b-day boys). We all know size-wise puberty is the leveler. Holding a child back because he/she really needs it (academics, maturity) is wise. Holding them back just for an uncertain sports future? No thanks.

Comment

I feel bad for her.
                    Hmmmm

1) you are reading this site

2) you must have a child playing soccer or I hope you do or you are really creepy.

I can't wait for Trump to get elected and deport your stupid *****.

Comment

I feel bad for her.
                      Umm, I found it as a way to try to read some news about the game. Sad to say there isn't much on here, but if you weed through the hypocritical personal attacks (like this) you can find some.

Comment

held my son back because he was dumb as a rock. he stinks at soccer and is still academically challenged. at least he doesn't get beat up.
                        Does he play for Valeo?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X