X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everyone is lying to each other. Never really is like it seems. My only prediction on FCB is their 16s won't win a league game and their 17s and 18s won't win 5 combined.
    Could be right. In today's soccer landscape winning and losing don't matter as much as getting seen. Question is how many of those players on those teams are going to play in college at d1 and d2 schools?
    I don't know the number if it's about 75% then I think the club weather you like it not did their job to get players to the next level.

Seems now that clubs talk about how many players they have had go on to play soccer in college not so much the wins and losses.

Put it this way do parents care if your their kid wins a game or gets some money to play d1 soccer? I would assume parents brag more if there kid is playing d1 than winning a game.

Comment

Everyone is lying to each other. Never really is like it seems. My only prediction on FCB is their 16s won't win a league game and their 17s and 18s won't win 5 combined.
      K bud thanks so much for your input!

Comment

Could be right. In today's soccer landscape winning and losing don't matter as much as getting seen. Question is how many of those players on those teams are going to play in college at d1 and d2 schools?
        I don't know the number if it's about 75% then I think the club weather you like it not did their job to get players to the next level.

Seems now that clubs talk about how many players they have had go on to play soccer in college not so much the wins and losses.

Put it this way do parents care if your their kid wins a game or gets some money to play d1 soccer? I would assume parents brag more if there kid is playing d1 than winning a game.
        Have many friends who are with Fcb some out of loyalty, some out of convenience. While they all understand that the ultimate goal is getting into good school hopefully with some sort of financial package some have complained that the joy of going to games to watch has all but disappeared. When you know your going to lose week after week. Add to that traveling long distances to tournaments to play other like teams and it can be demoralizing. Some people seem to equate ecnl or high level soccer as being equivalent to kidde soccer where we don't keep score. There is a reason we keep score and sure they want the best for their daughters but would also like to have an enjoyable and competitive game to watch. Having said that they're all very happy and have no intention of investigating other options.

Comment

K bud thanks so much for your input!
          Your welcome. Great things happening at FC Boston...

Comment

Do you have any other material?

Comment

I didn't start the fire....

Comment

You don't need material when you have the truth.

Comment

You don't need material when you have the truth.
                  I usually turn off reruns when watching the telly.

Comment

really? every single bolts team from the south sucks. They are all playing in the worst divisions.

Its a bunch of dads coaching their kids and manipulating the teams. Every team has a parent kid combination.

Comment

I remember the old days when the GPS coaches would huddle around the Waltham world headquarters to post threads about the wonder of it all. Glad to see that Fred has continued this tradition

Comment

Nothing impressive about the FCB ECNL performance this weekend. 1 win out of 10 games. Did not score a goal vs PDA across all age groups.

Comment

Stars did not win a game either against PDA. Whats your point. PDA is still one of the top clubs in the country. BBA will not do much better next year. ECNL is a grind unlike the cupcake New England NPL league you play in currently NEFC parents and coaches. They play a longer season against much better competition every weekend. Injuries are much more common in high level competitive games. Substitution rules are different and you cannot just play your top players for entire games. Rosters are deeper and you have to understand how to due game management. Parents will also not stay if they get 10 minutes a game when traveling to PA, NY, NJ, CT and now Buffalo.

Welcome to the big league and I hope you do well because it looks good for MA to have 3 ECNL teams next year but don't be surprised if you are not at the top like you all think is going to happen.

Comment

Stars did not win a game either against PDA. Whats your point. PDA is still one of the top clubs in the country. BBA will not do much better next year. ECNL is a grind unlike the cupcake New England NPL league you play in currently NEFC parents and coaches. They play a longer season against much better competition every weekend. Injuries are much more common in high level competitive games. Substitution rules are different and you cannot just play your top players for entire games. Rosters are deeper and you have to understand how to due game management. Parents will also not stay if they get 10 minutes a game when traveling to PA, NY, NJ, CT and now Buffalo.

Welcome to the big league and I hope you do well because it looks good for MA to have 3 ECNL teams next year but don't be surprised if you are not at the top like you all think is going to happen.
                            Thanks for your words of wisdom. Also, don't be surprised if NEFC is at the top like they have been for the last few years. They'll have some tough competition, just not in MA.

Comment

The girls on those teams might be at the top of the division but make no mistake about it it will say Breakers, only NEFC reference left will be NPL and below. Get ready for the price difference as well as someone needs to pay Breakers for the affiliation.

Comment

It is different going to tournaments and playing top competition after only play cup cake teams. When you play for U15 and up 16 games against solid competition and then add in showcase tournaments it is a different grind on players and coaches. NEFC top teams currently play 8 games in the NPL league and against weak competition. You are going to double your games played and play more competitive teams. I will agree you have beat some of these ECNL teams but again it is because they are worn down a bit more than your teams. Your current U14 team is a prime example with losing to SSS twice in one year but beating other ECNL clubs. SSS plays even more of a cup cake schedule. Do not under estimate the fact that your players are more rested than ECNL players. Ask the U16 Elite team what happen last year at Nationals. FC Virginia brought 26 players and rotated them through the 5 games and rested their best players for the finals. A fresh team will always win close competitive games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X