Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FC Boston continues to transition and impress

Another club-wide communication came out Friday (not just an ad promoting the club or their elite teams' activities, mind you) and I couldn't be more excited to have my kid as part of this organization.

The goal of the club and the roadmap for the boys and girls programs was clearly articulated by the FC Boston President ("JP", or am I allowed to mention his name?). It also included updates on winter futsal, the 24-hour fundraiser for Mass Special Olympics and FC Boston Foundation, a brand new Winter Futsal Classic for U9-U18, the boys Development Academy extending their age groups, the club's Junior Academy, and more.

The web site (www.fcboston.org) continues to get populated after starting from scratch post-Breakers, and the teams are posted across all ages, levels and regions. Yes, there are some pom-pom articles about a Bolts player called to National team camp and a Scorps player called to National team camp. But it's mostly good info about the club and its teams.

As winter training continues and the FC Boston branding kicks in (patches, pinnies, spirit, etc.) I can feel the momentum taking hold. My daughter is excited to be a "Scorpion" again. Spring schedules are set and we await the bracket announcements for tournaments up and down the east coast.

There is more excitement heading into this spring than there has been in several years. Great things are happening at FC Boston.

*Note: I'm not Fred, I don't work for the club, I don't get a thing for posting this. I'm just hoping to share the good things as opposed to bashing anyone else.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another club-wide communication came out Friday (not just an ad promoting the club or their elite teams' activities, mind you) and I couldn't be more excited to have my kid as part of this organization.

The goal of the club and the roadmap for the boys and girls programs was clearly articulated by the FC Boston President ("JP", or am I allowed to mention his name?). It also included updates on winter futsal, the 24-hour fundraiser for Mass Special Olympics and FC Boston Foundation, a brand new Winter Futsal Classic for U9-U18, the boys Development Academy extending their age groups, the club's Junior Academy, and more.

The web site (www.fcboston.org) continues to get populated after starting from scratch post-Breakers, and the teams are posted across all ages, levels and regions. Yes, there are some pom-pom articles about a Bolts player called to National team camp and a Scorps player called to National team camp. But it's mostly good info about the club and its teams.

As winter training continues and the FC Boston branding kicks in (patches, pinnies, spirit, etc.) I can feel the momentum taking hold. My daughter is excited to be a "Scorpion" again. Spring schedules are set and we await the bracket announcements for tournaments up and down the east coast.

There is more excitement heading into this spring than there has been in several years. Great things are happening at FC Boston.

*Note: I'm not Fred, I don't work for the club, I don't get a thing for posting this. I'm just hoping to share the good things as opposed to bashing anyone else.
    Thanks Fred.

Comment

Thanks Fred.
      Fc boston sucks

Comment

It must be eating you alive to see people happy. You must not get that a lot.

- NF (not Fred)

Comment

It must be eating you alive to see people happy. You must not get that a lot.

- NF (not Fred)
          Thanks again Marks.

Comment

Thanks again Marks.
            Even you don't believe FM posted this. My four year old has better comebacks in his arsenal.

Comment

Even you don't believe FM posted this. My four year old has better comebacks in his arsenal.
              Relax and thanks Fred.

Comment

Relax and thanks Fred.
                I know you are.

Comment

Hahahahaaaaa. The anti-Fred crowd is all agitated because of a positive post about FC Boston.

NEWS FLASH: Some people are actually happy with FC Boston, its teams, its coaches, and the direction in which it's heading.

The anti-Freds must be miserable and intolerable.

Pro-Bolts and Pro-Scorpions. And Pro-Whatever-Makes-Your-Kid-Happy.

Comment

Hahahahaaaaa. The anti-Fred crowd is all agitated because of a positive post about FC Boston.

NEWS FLASH: Some people are actually happy with FC Boston, its teams, its coaches, and the direction in which it's heading.

Not anti-Fred, just know Fred is among us here. Once again, thanks Fred Marks.

Comment

After n-tries and failures, what make you think that the club is heading in the right direction? Name one coach other than Fred that is still with scorpions for the past 5 years?
                      You seem pretty frantic and honestly who' s that happy as you portrait doesn' t have to try this hard to convince others of it as you are doing.

Comment

You don't need to go far. Inside your own club you finch more anti- Fred than pro. They stick around for other reasons (coaches, friends, loication..) Than Fred. Just do a survey.

Comment

Interesting post considering that they don't work for the club and didn't get a thing for posting it. I'm wondering what deep seated pathological need having such a public orgasm filled. The nearest I can guess is they are a newbie and haven't figured out yet how clubs screw the kids in the end so of course they are gushing, they don't know what they don't know.

Comment

and.... they still have unqualified parent coaches coaching their kids team.

Comment

and.... they still have unqualified parent coaches coaching their kids team.
                              Since you seem to know, please tell us who they are?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X